Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Itsallaboutmememe

Chatty Member
My brothers version of jailhouse rock (this was the 80’s)

went to a party in a county jail
caught my knackers on a rusty nail
when I got home,I got one hell of a shock
two dead balls and a paralysed cock

yeah,let’s rock!

my parents allowed this!not a chance in hell will mine ever hear this!

• Haha
Reactions: 8

NapQueenReturns

Chatty Member
For me it was Bruno Mars: “Is it the look in your eyes, or is it these dancing Jews?”

And Blank Space by Taylor Swift definitely had something to do with Starbucks lovers.

• Haha

no-no

VIP Member
My friend always used to get the lyrics wrong growing up, my faves were:

“Even when I lick my boob, you know I’m crazy over you” ~ Nelly - Dilemma

“Go Charlie, it’s your birthday” ~ 50 Cent - In da club

• Haha
I have quite literally just realised that Whigfield sings "like you baby" not "thank you baby" after the first line "Saturday night and the air is getting hot". How have I got this wrong for so long?!

• Haha

petitspois

VIP Member
My 12 year old thought Abba's Chiquitita was 'chicken tikka'

It's probably already been said but I laugh when I listen to Tiny Dancer, that old story of someone thinking it was 'hold me closer Tony Danza'

• Haha

Omzig98

For the past 22 years i’ve gotten a lyric to ‘When i grow up - Pussy Cat Dolls’ wrong. It blew my mind.
i always thought it was “when i grow up, i want to be famous, i want to be a star, i want to have boobies” BUT ITS NOT. ITS GROUPIES.

• Haha
  • Wow

Dipdab

VIP Member
Freed from desire by Gala - only just found out it’s “my lovers got no money he’s got his strong beliefs”

I was convinced it was “he’s got his trumberlice”

• Haha

coconochanel

VIP Member
Michael Bubles Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas I used to sing 'take a look at the firemans hand' instead of 'take a look at the five and ten'.

• Haha

monga

VIP Member
Don Henley's boy's of summer I used to think it was your bra strap's shining in the sun (your brown skins shining ...)

• Haha

Milfordcubicle

VIP Member
Like a virgin “like a fir tree”
my daughter and her friends used to sing “tigers hive” instead of “tide is high”
also my daughter “she’s into superstition, black cats and poodle dogs” instead of ”voodoo dolls”

Hai Si Ja is the word ‘yes’ in 3 different languages (hai-Japanese, si-Spanish, ja-German). The whole point of the song is celebrating different cultures. Tell your boyfriend to give his head a wobble 😀
dies of shame. I’m in my mid forties and still thought it was “passenger hold tight!” Like you’re in a speeding vehicle 😱😱😱

• Haha

Amyx1518

VIP Member
The Kooks "Naive" was always sang
as "I know, she knows, i'm not from
Alaska" - turns out it was "I know, she knows,
i'm not fond of asking!" which makes a lot
more sense!
Haha love that!!

I remember when I was young like 5 or 6 I should imagine, Horny by Mousse T came out. Me being that age had never heard of the word horny so I thought she was saying “I’m hotty” I even went to the lengths of explaining to my mum that I thought they were probably in the recording studio one summers day talking about how hot it was and decided to make a song about it lol I cringe thinking about it!

• Haha

Days28

The Kelly clarkson Christmas song - underneath the tree
‘Your here, under the tree, snow is falling with a capital C’
It’s actually ‘snow is falling as the carolers sing’ - I still can’t hear her saying the right words 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7

AutumnSpring

My friend thought “I am giant” by ragnbone man was “I am trying”. Makes me giggle every time

• Haha

Melian

VIP Member
My dad thought they were singing *are we humans or are we hamsters?" ("are we human or are we dancers") in Humans - The Killet's

• Haha

coconochanel

VIP Member
I always sing ‘smoother than a fresh shaved kitty’ whenever I hear Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk (it’s meant to be Smoother than a fresh jar of Skippy), don’t know why 😂
I used to sing 'Girls hit you hallelujah' and its 'girls say to ya hallelujah'

• Haha

HoGi

VIP Member
Rain on me by Ariana Grande.

I always sang "I'd rather be drunk but at least I'm alive"

When it is actually "I'd rather be dry but at least I'm alive" 🤦🏼‍♀️

Makes more sense when you think of the title...I just thought she was having a shit week and needed a drink 🤣

• Haha

Spacemonkey1972

VIP Member
Omg my partner was just singing along to Fatboy Slim's Praise You.... "We've come a long long way together.... through the hard times in the hood" instead of "through the hard times and the good". Pmsl 🤣🤣
Not a misheard lyric but that video always reminds me of my wonderful dad who’s now sadly passed. The first time he saw it, he looked straight at me and said “what the fuck did I just watch. What’s going on. Fuck I’m old”. The funny thing was he never swore 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart