Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chewycinema

Chatty Member
Haha love that!!

I remember when I was young like 5 or 6 I should imagine, Horny by Mousse T came out. Me being that age had never heard of the word horny so I thought she was saying “I’m hotty” I even went to the lengths of explaining to my mum that I thought they were probably in the recording studio one summers day talking about how hot it was and decided to make a song about it lol I cringe thinking about it!
I thought it was honey when I was a kid 🙊

Reactions: 2

emphiii

My husband just told me that when All Saints sang: 'you can write it in a letter babe', he's always heard: 'you can ride in on an elephant'!

• Haha

Mrsh2019

Danny Wilson Mary’s Prayer

😁😁😁

So if I say save me, save me
people lie to my eyes,
and if I say ten Hail Marys
People lie down in heaven for me

The actual lyrics

So if I say save me, save me
Be the light in my eyes
And if I say ten Hail Mary's
Leave a light on in heaven for me
I’ve only just realised it’s not “eagle eyes to my right”

• Haha

ProphecyGirl

VIP Member
What a girl wants

I thought the lyrics were
"What a girl wants, what a girl needs, whatever makes it having sex you see"

not set you free 😂 😂

• Haha

MilkAndTwoSugars

VIP Member
Genesis - Invisible Touch.

Instead of "she seems to have an invisible touch yeah..." I thought it was"she seems to have a physical poptart" 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha

MilkAndTwoSugars

VIP Member
In All Cried Out by Allure it turns out that they sing

"How was I to know you would weaken so easily."

...and not "How was I to know you were awake and so is Elaine" as I have thought for the past 24 years.

I just assumed it was about some bitch named Elaine who was sleeping with her boyfriend :LOL:
Oh, I thought it was "How was I to know... you would AWAKEN so easily." 😱

I'm surprised you know this song, I remember being at school when it came out but at uni noone had even heard of it 🤷🏼‍♀️ great song xx

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
Hai Si Ja is the word ‘yes’ in 3 different languages (hai-Japanese, si-Spanish, ja-German). The whole point of the song is celebrating different cultures. Tell your boyfriend to give his head a wobble 😀
I know 😂 I told him this, he apparently thinks the songs celebrating a taxi ride 🥴🥴

Sparks

Chatty Member
Burn the house down - AJR

It starts with: used to keep it cool

My son sang: You sticky pickle :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1

This Is Not An Ad

VIP Member
My kids thought that the song Attention by Charlie Puth said ‘you’ve been running round throwing that turtle on my knee’ when it says ‘you’ve been running round throwing that dirt all on my name’ 🤣 once you hear it you can’t I hear it!

• Haha
The Kelly clarkson Christmas song - underneath the tree
‘Your here, under the tree, snow is falling with a capital C’
It’s actually ‘snow is falling as the carolers sing’ - I still can’t hear her saying the right words 😂😂

My Friend pointed this out to me last year and ruined the song for me 😂 😂

Kat5998

VIP Member
My boyfriend is the best when it comes to mishearing lyrics

He thought Suddenly I See by KT Tunstall was called “VIP”

“And when you're not, you're with some underworld spy
Or the wife of a postman, wife of a postman
[/QUOTE]
That's exactly what I thought too! I live and learn 🤣

• Haha

totallytaz

Chatty Member
One of their songs i believe i thought was the song for the back pain cream i bulieve i always think of the cream when they sing that one 😂😂
I was playing I Believe a lot last week as I recalled the ibulieve advert from when I was around 18 and we would sing that in the taxi home after a good night out “every time I hear a newborn baby cry, or touch a leaf...”

littlepup

VIP Member
Recent ones, they're embarrassingly juvenile.

Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk - "This one, for them hood girls, them good girls, straight masterpieces" - Thought it said '"straight masturbates". Couldn't understand how they got away with it...I'm not even convinced it's not intentional

Dido - Surrender - "I will go down with this ship and I won't put my hands up and surrender" - I knew it couldn't be but I hear "I will poop myself and surrender"

• Haha

coconochanel

VIP Member
Ashanti foolish I sing 'see my days are gone without you' when its 'see my days are COLD without you'. 🤭