Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Mercury Revs "Godess on a highway" i keep hearing "gotta sing a highway.
That is a beautiful song that I've not heard for years, going to listen to it now ❤

Being a Northern lass I always had a soft spot for ODB's rap during "Got Your Money" by Kelis. He really says "I'm a get this money and rob them" but it sounds like "I'm a get this money in Rotherham".

Reactions: 2

Practically Perfect

Chatty Member
Take that - Pray

Take that:
All I do each night is pray
Hoping that I'll be a part of you again some day
All I do each night is think
Of all the times I closed the door to keep my love within

Me:
All I do each night is pray
Hoping that I'll be a part of you again some day
All I do IS SHINE THIS THING
Of all the times I closed the door to keep my love within

(makes no sense at all but it didnt help that on the video one of them was fannying about in the sea with a mirror - thought they were being dirty boys lol )

• Haha

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Even though I am a Manic Street Preachers obsessive, and I clearly knew that the song is called "A Design For Life"...it was only a couple of years ago that I realised the lyrics were indeed "a design foooor life" and not "a design, for her life".

I blame James Dean Bradfield and his diction 🤣

Ginlover92

I havent read the whole thread yet so this might have been mentioned already. This is sort of misheard lyrics but with a bit of language barrier.

Reebok or the Nike

A radio caller rang up with a song request and it took the DJs a while to work out the song from the callers description.

• Haha

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
One for the teenagers now 😂
Creedence Clearwater Revivals's 'Out my Backdoor' (you'd know it if you heard it) there is a lyric 'tambourines and elephants' which I always merrily sang along as 'Anne Marie's an elephant' until my partner pointed it out.
I'd always thought as they were probably all high at the time of writing it so it made perfect sense.

Last edited:
  • Haha

kittypaws

VIP Member
Well, it turns out that it’s not “jewels remain still gleaming…”

Who knew?!
I literally googled this the other night cos I just couldn’t work out what the line was but i sung it the same as you 😂

• Haha

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Going back a bit but in "What's the Frequency Kenneth?" by REM, I always thought he was singing "you thought that ironing was the shackles of youth". It's actually "irony".

Also in "Live Your Life" by T.I. and Rihanna, she sings "Live your life, aint got no time for no hedgehogs (haters)...live your life, cos I'm a big butt-kisser (paper-chaser)".

• Haha

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
My daughter has started singing "I'm farting again, I'm farting again, I'm farting" for Harry Styles Falling. One of my favourite songs 😭😂 ps don't judge me 😅

• Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
My husband is dreadful with lyrics but the one that get's me is 'Annie (I'm Not Your Daddy)'

The lyrics are:

Break it to me gently now
Don't forget I'm just a child

He always sings 'Don't forget I've just been shot' ... I have no idea why. It's not even misheard. Just totally wrong. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
An old song called Here Comes the Hotstepper by Ini Kamoze

Here comes the hot stepper, murderer
I'm the lyrical gangster, murderer
Pick up the crew in-a de area, murderer
Still love you like that, murderer

I thought it was ' here comes the hotstepper, turn it up, I'm a lyrical gangster turn it up' until I found out years later 'turn it up' was in fact 'murderer' 🤦

Tittykitty

Chatty Member
Mmmm mmmm mmmm mmm by crash test dummies I was convinced last verse was ‘she shook head lice all over her body’

• Haha
I also had a friend who was always mishearing lyrics.

The Corrs “go on leave me breathless” she would sing “go on leave me Bradley”.

Also Alice Cooper/Groove Coverage Poison - “you’re poison, you’re poising running through my veins” she’d sing “wild horses, wild horses running through my veins”

One of my own was Billie Jean, “Billie Jean is not my lover” I thought was ‘Billie Jean knocks at my door’, I’m sure he’s doing the impression of a door-knock, or maybe it’s a foot-stomp on that light up pavement as he sings those lyrics which I thought kinda backed my version up but i could be mistaken.
OMG I cannot stop laughing 😂😂

• Haha

Ineedmorecoffee

Chatty Member
When I was little, listening to ABBAs ‘Fernando’. I always thought the lyrics were:

’They were shining there for you and me. Oh leave the tea, Fernando’

Like she was saying this is a beautiful moment, I’m really not bothered about tea, just leave it!

• Haha