Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lorny

VIP Member
This thread is hilarious and has made me realise I’m singing quite a few songs wrong 😂

Praise You by Fatboy Slim. I used to think he was singing, I wanna praise you like a shoe.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Jaceydooley

My daughter used to sing ‘fever woooaaahhh’ instead of ‘feed the world’! She genuinely thought they were the words. Plus one of my friends used to sing ‘take your teeth out tell me what’s wrong’ to the Abba song ‘chiquitita tell me whats wrong’ 😂

I used to sing 'Girls hit you hallelujah' and its 'girls say to ya hallelujah'
I thought it was ‘girls hitch a hallelujah’ 😂

I also woke up to my friend singing ‘wooaahh living in a square’ 😂 as opposed to ‘living on a prayer!’

Last edited:
  • Haha

wibble

VIP Member
I was recently listening to the Eurythmics, when I discovered that the lyrics weren't...

"And I want you,
and I want you,
and I want you,
something, circumcision
."

• Haha

Whatsallthis

VIP Member
I always thought Travis - “Why does it always rain on me, is it because I lied when I was 17” was actually “is it because I like a little sip of tea” ☕🫖

• Haha

Doc

VIP Member
When I was tiny I thought Bananarama’s Love in the First Degree was “guilty as a conker tree” rather than “guilty as a girl can be”

And The Kinks’ “Victoria” I thought I’d was “from the rich to the poor, Victoria por favor” rather than “Victoria loved them all” 😂😂😂

Madonna’s Ray of light was “Heiffer in the sky at night” 😂😂😂

ETA I’ve just realised Madonna was older than I am now when she released Ray of Light... I don’t know why that feels so mind blowing, but it does 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha

Barkin Mad

Chatty Member
I used to sing, I leaky bum bum now 🤣😂 when it was A licky boom boom down, And my brother thought it was A farmer 😂 not Informer

• Haha

MilkAndTwoSugars

VIP Member
Deacon Blue - Real Gone Kid….. i thought it was “Living out baby” but just found out (via google) its “Maybe now baby” 😲

• Wow
  • Haha

MilkAndTwoSugars

VIP Member
Omg my partner was just singing along to Fatboy Slim's Praise You.... "We've come a long long way together.... through the hard times in the hood" instead of "through the hard times and the good". Pmsl 🤣🤣

• Haha

TapToBoreMeRigid

VIP Member
Naive by the Kooks... I was convinced he was singing ‘I know, she knows, I’m not from the Vatican’

Was a proper oh my god mouth hanging open moment years later when I was strolling down the street listening to it and realised its ‘I’m not fond of asking’. Still cringe about it!
I thought it was "I know, she knows, I'm Noffonderoski". I assumed he was a Russian philosopher 😁😁

• Haha
Reactions: 9

SweetSummerChild

VIP Member
Macy Gray -

I try to say goodbye and I choke
Try to walk away and I stumble
Though I try to hide it, it's clear
I wear goggles when you are not here…

• Haha

Spacemonkey1972

VIP Member
Showing my age but Cliff Richard ‘wired for sound’ I thought it was ‘I like tall people I like small people’
Thought he was just being inclusive. It’s actually speakers..not people. Wondered my my other half used to cry laughing when I sang it

Britney Spears' song Toxic with the line " You're toxic, I'm slippin' under ". I misheard it to read Your toxic c*nts slipping under.

There's another song this time Ciao Adios by Anne - Marie the lyric "Ciao adios, I'm done" thought it was "Stable the horse im done".
Oh the Britney 1. I’ve just realised I’ve been singing it wrong. I thought it was ‘toxic gums slipping under’. Never made sense but just went with it. Oops

• Haha

nbt

VIP Member
Well, it turns out that it’s not “jewels remain still gleaming…”

Who knew?!

• Haha

Jaceydooley

Hai Si Ja is the word ‘yes’ in 3 different languages (hai-Japanese, si-Spanish, ja-German). The whole point of the song is celebrating different cultures. Tell your boyfriend to give his head a wobble 😀
I thought it was ‘I see ya hold tight’

• Haha
I've just went all the way through this thread and had to add... my dad used to think Papa Don't Preach was

"I'm gonna eat my baby" - that's kept me laughing for years.

• Haha
  • Wow

Kim Mild

VIP Member
On the Spice Girls' Wannabe there's a couplet that goes "If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends, Naked lust forever, friendship never ends"

I was most disappointed when I found out that the official lyric is actually "Make it last forever".
I thought it was ' men can't last forever '

• Haha

sarahboo

I always thought Elton John was singing 'step into Christmas and be a Christmas tree' only realised last year its the admission is free 😂.

I also used to sing 'we found love in a hope & pray'. I'm sure I used to actually know the words but my grandad then thought they were the words so I just kept on.

Britney's toxic when I first heard it I thought it was 'taste of your dogs sick all around, your dog shit is slipping under'. Grim 😂

• Haha

Sosig

Chatty Member
That Alesha Dixon song “the boy does nothing”

An old work colleague of mine was convinced it was “I’m from Russia” instead of “does he wash up” 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 8