Millie MacIntosh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s essential to me to have help as I had a c section ... loads of people have c sections and they don’t have help!!! Sorry but it is a luxury to have a nanny, a night nurse, a husband at home, friends and your own mum helping. Calling it an essential just kids herself into thinking she HAS to have it. Sorry Millie, but accept your privilege. The day after my C section my daughter had to move cities to go into the NICU. I had no choice but to go. I slept on the floor of the hospital. Getting up and down. I had to care for her without help. Having help is a luxury, not an essential (unless you have some major complications/disabilities)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s essential to me to have help as I had a c section ... loads of people have c sections and they don’t have help!!! Sorry but it is a luxury to have a nanny, a night nurse, a husband at home, friends and your own mum helping. Calling it an essential just kids herself into thinking she HAS to have it. Sorry Millie, but accept your privilege. The day after my C section my daughter had to move cities to go into the NICU. I had no choice but to go. I slept on the floor of the hospital. Getting up and down. I had to care for her without help. Having help is a luxury, not an essential (unless you have some major complications/disabilities)
Exactly she is a very privileged white woman that has gotten to where she is in life because she comes from a very privileged family. She made a name for herself because she was on a tv show. I did watch it but cant actually remember if she had a job or not!? The vast majority of women that have a c section have to go it alone or at the very least only have a fraction of the help this whinger has!!

Reactions: 8
Taylor Morris went into administration. Which is weird when it’s still running as a brand and doing ads everywhere
Someone probably bought the brand as part of the administration

Exactly she is a very privileged white woman that has gotten to where she is in life because she comes from a very privileged family. She made a name for herself because she was on a tv show. I did watch it but cant actually remember if she had a job or not!? The vast majority of women that have a c section have to go it alone or at the very least only have a fraction of the help this whinger has!!
It is some privilege! I’d hope that even in her gilded bubble she knows that!!

In response to your question re job, she was a makeup artist when MIC started and also did an internship at glamour magazine but not sure what that was about.

Reactions: 1
He did I believe👍🏻… but again his LinkedIn seems to indicate that he was done with that in I think 2019 (I can’t remember the exact yr) 🤷🏻‍♀️
He seems to share a lot of movie posters and I spotted him wearing a spiderman tshirt for the new movie so he probably does do some kind of work for Sony...I wonder what his actual job role is. I just assumed they didn't really have "real" jobs haha. I'd imagine if he just got the normal 2 weeks paternity leave then he's not that high up

In response to your question re job, she was a makeup artist when MIC started and also did an internship at glamour magazine but not sure what that was about.
How many talented girls (or boys) would have loved the opportunity to intern at Glamour and would’ve put their all into it. And Millie had the opportunity because of...Quality Street. And squandered it.

Reactions: 5

god do you remember when Caggie rocked up at the GLAMOUR offices with a bottle of champagne on like Millie’s first or second day and tried to convince her to bunk off?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
This is what I thought, no wonder she’s having issues with oversupply
Drives me mad. Those who pump pump pump and then complain of over supply. A quick Google when I was engorged told me to feed the baby with the errr the baby… and only express if really had to relieve myself. And only a few mls. The female body can and will achieve it if it is left to but it takes time to achieve this.

Reactions: 3
Drives me mad. Those who pump pump pump and then complain of over supply. A quick Google when I was engorged told me to feed the baby with the errr the baby… and only express if really had to relieve myself. And only a few mls. The female body can and will achieve it if it is left to but it takes time to achieve this.
Millie won’t care though. Breastfeeding is hard, it involves being there for your baby. Formula is also hard, if you do it yourself like most people have to. But for Millie it means she can go off on holiday 1 month postpartum for a break

Reactions: 2
You’d think the private midwives/lactation consultants/sleep ‘experts’ etc she works with would tell her that. It’s not like it’s a big secret. Let your supply regulate before pumping. If you stimulate your breasts to make milk in those early days they will increase supply.

Reactions: 2
You’d think the private midwives/lactation consultants/sleep ‘experts’ etc she works with would tell her that. It’s not like it’s a big secret. Let your supply regulate before pumping. If you stimulate your breasts to make milk in those early days they will increase supply.

Maybe she’s not actually breastfeeding that much so is replacing feeds with pumping. If she’s not feeding but wants to keep her milk coming she will need to pump (like how a mother of a baby in intensive care will pump to keep her milk going).

Maybe she’s not actually breastfeeding that much so is replacing feeds with pumping. If she’s not feeding but wants to keep her milk coming she will need to pump (like how a mother of a baby in intensive care will pump to keep her milk going).
She definitely said she’s pumping after her first feed. Just seems bizarre that she’s moaning about oversupply but isn’t helping herself

She definitely said she’s pumping after her first feed. Just seems bizarre that she’s moaning about oversupply but isn’t helping herself
Very true! If it was me I’d be living in fear of mastitis 🙈

Maybe it’s connected to baby’s latch problem. Lactation consultants might advise pumping in that situation? Difficult one though because oversupply is obviously not the one either!

She’s already listed about 4 problems with the baby!! Tongue tie, reflux, etc etc
My thoughts on these is if you look hard enough you’ll find a ‘problem’ with your baby. Where actually it’s just a baby being a baby. And these ‘experts’ will lap the issues up if it means £££ or in Millies case social media exposure. Every influencers kid seems to have a tongue tie at the moment.

The HV suggested silent reflux with my little one as they were uncomfortable after feeds but we did nothing and it passed, it was just their immature digestive system.

Reactions: 7
My thoughts on these is if you look hard enough you’ll find a ‘problem’ with your baby. Where actually it’s just a baby being a baby. And these ‘experts’ will lap the issues up if it means £££ or in Millies case social media exposure. Every influencers kid seems to have a tongue tie at the moment.

The HV suggested silent reflux with my little one as they were uncomfortable after feeds but we did nothing and it passed, it was just their immature digestive system.
Maybe but some babies do genuinely have these problems. You aren’t in a position to make that judgement. She’s also probably sensitive because Sienna did have silent reflux badly so is on the look out.

My baby had a spell of silent reflux and it was an extremely difficult time - much more than just being uncomfortable after a feed.

Maybe but some babies do genuinely have these problems. You aren’t in a position to make that judgement. She’s also probably sensitive because Sienna did have silent reflux badly so is on the look out.

My baby had a spell of silent reflux and it was an extremely difficult time - much more than just being uncomfortable after a feed.
I know a lot of babies do - I wasn’t saying that they don’t, my point is that a lot of large Instagram accounts that have children seem to have these issues more then the general population because it’s good content and provides engagement. Silent reflux, engorgement, tongue tie, latch issues - it’s the full set.

I’m sorry your baby suffered, mine did too, they screamed after every single feed snd it was hugely stressful but I chose to watch and wait, keep them upright after feeds etc rather than medicate and it passed. I didn’t bang on abour it on social media but then again I don’t have thousands of followers and don’t expose my child’s private life to strangers

Reactions: 9
Tongue tie and sleep training seem to be the big things with babies at the moment. I can confirm sleep training is not needed!!!!! It’s taken me 7 months to figure that out. Babies cry because they need something!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The reflux & vomiting is probably related to her pumping and oversupply 🙈 crikey. All that money on a night nanny, get a lactation consultant! Or I’m sure one will be popping into her DM’s for a freebie.

Edit, I’m just bitter that she is out with both kids 2 weeks post c-section looking amazing. I had a homebirth and still felt and looked rough & was recovering for weeks!

Reactions: 6
The reflux & vomiting is probably related to her pumping and oversupply 🙈 crikey. All that money on a night nanny, get a lactation consultant! Or I’m sure one will be popping into her DM’s for a freebie.

Edit, I’m just bitter that she is out with both kids 2 weeks post c-section looking amazing. I had a homebirth and still felt and looked rough & was recovering for weeks!
Try not to compare yourself to her, you would be out and about looking amazing if you had all the help she does too. She’s not up all night with the baby, she’s getting plenty of rest which is enabling her to recover easier and look and feel better. Also who knows she might feel bloody awful but she has to maintain an image for Instagram which is quite sad really.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.