Millie MacIntosh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm actually sick of seeing her bump at this point, we get it your pregnant and thin!!

I am also pregnant and feel like a whale, so maybe in just bitter but come on.

Reactions: 5
I just can’t feel sorry for Millie. In the podcast she said she is going to have a nanny for 24 hours a day. One to do the night and one for the day. From two weeks old!! Which clearly means she isn’t going to have the baby in her room (a massive prevention measure for SIDS). On the days the nanny is not there for the night, the baby won’t have someone stood over watching it.

She is going to be giving her children anxiety. They need a stable primary caregiver to develop secure attachment. Don’t have children too close in age if it means you won’t be able to actual parent them. The more you are there for your kids in that first year the easier it is in the future.

I have been the nanny of middle class kids
before. You have four year olds self harming because they so desperately just want their parents. I have spoken to many other nannies and this is more common than you think. The child is not able to cope when their parents leave the house. Often from birth these children have been placed with nannies. These nannies tend to change frequently. Your child is constantly worrying that people will disappear from their life and never come back.

I once looked after a pair of 3.5 year old twins and I was their 10th nanny!!! The twins were terribly behaved (missing their parents), so everyone kept leaving them.. it was heartbreaking.

If I was rich i would definitely have help. But in the form of a cook, a cleaner, a driver! I wouldn’t dump my 2 week old with a stranger.

I feel like if you have a child and cannot cope then of course you need to get help. But she hasn’t even had the child yet and she already knows she can’t cope. So why have two under two? Just wait...

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I just can’t feel sorry for Millie. In the podcast she said she is going to have a nanny for 24 hours a day. One to do the night and one for the day. From two weeks old!! Which clearly means she isn’t going to have the baby in her room (a massive prevention measure for SIDS). On the days the nanny is not there for the night, the baby won’t have someone stood over watching it.

She is going to be giving her children anxiety. They need a stable primary caregiver to develop secure attachment. Don’t have children too close in age if it means you won’t be able to actual parent them. The more you are there for your kids in that first year the easier it is in the future.

before. You have four year olds self harming because they so desperately just want their parents. I have spoken to many other nannies and this is more common than you think. The child is not able to cope when their parents leave the house. Often from birth these children have been placed with nannies. These nannies tend to change frequently. Your child is constantly worrying that people will disappear from their life and never come back.

I once looked after a pair of 3.5 year old twins and I was their 10th nanny!!! The twins were terribly behaved (missing their parents), so everyone kept leaving them.. it was heartbreaking.

If I was rich i would definitely have help. But in the form of a cook, a cleaner, a driver! I wouldn’t dump my 2 week old with a stranger.

I feel like if you have a child and cannot cope then of course you need to get help. But she hasn’t even had the child yet and she already knows she can’t cope. So why have two under two? Just wait...
This is so sad, and shocking really. Sienna already seems to be just wheeled out for photos and adverts with Millie, no wonder she has separation anxiety. I can’t ever imagine going abroad with my husband without my child yet Millie has done it and Sienna isn’t even 2.

Why on earth is she having a baby shower? I thought that was a first baby thing, and she gets everything gifted anyway. So self indulgent - endless pregnancy shoots, Babymoons and now a baby shower 🙄

The fact that Sienna has a bloody giant hair bow in at 8am while she’s still in her PJs shows you that Millie sees her as an accessory. Ridiculous

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
This is so sad, and shocking really. Sienna already seems to be just wheeled out for photos and adverts with Millie, no wonder she has separation anxiety. I can’t ever imagine going abroad with my husband without my child yet Millie has done it and Sienna isn’t even 2.

Why on earth is she having a baby shower? I thought that was a first baby thing, and she gets everything gifted anyway. So self indulgent - endless pregnancy shoots, Babymoons and now a baby shower 🙄

In her defence her first baby shower was in the height of the pandemic so don’t think anyone was at it! But I’m sure she still got all the gifts however!

Millie who is so conscious of what she eats and the various nutrients now having a vitamin spray to help??? Unless it’s vitamin D, what a joke. The way Sienna cooperates and just goes in her pram etc. oh Millie you have no idea.

Reactions: 2
Millie who is so conscious of what she eats and the various nutrients now having a vitamin spray to help??? Unless it’s vitamin D, what a joke. The way Sienna cooperates and just goes in her pram etc. oh Millie you have no idea.
Ah yes another ad. She really is shameless.

Reactions: 4
If I was well-off I’d have the hired help to focus on washing, tidying and those types of everyday things. What is she doing!?

Her life is basically one long ad with Sienna made to look pretty when she needs her. I wonder if she plays with her when the camera is off or just hands her over to the nanny.

I don't see the point in having another so soon when she already doesn't look after the first one. Is it all for monetary gain? I left 5 years between mine and even that felt like it was too soon 😂😂

Reactions: 6
Agreed with all of the above. I feel for those kids :-(
I’m from Belgium and gave birth last year and the state provides for paid help after you get home with your baby. You basically get some hours (12 maybe?) of free help in whichever form you would like ranging from doing groceries or cleaning to nanny duties. I asked the woman who was helping me to cook and do groceries but every time she proposed to babysit (she was trained to work with babies) I was like ABSOLUTELY NOT. I cannot imagine leaving someone else to take care of my baby. Millie and other moms have lost the plot. I hate mommyshamers but this is one point I really do NOT understand- why have a baby to leave it with a nanny???

Reactions: 10
I have friends who went back to work from 3 months and the babies went into daycare. You don’t have to be with your child 24/7 to be a good mother. I get what you are saying about leaving a baby with a nanny 24/7 but I don’t think working and leaving your child with professionals means you shouldn’t have had a baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I have friends who went back to work from 3 months and the babies went into daycare. You don’t have to be with your child 24/7 to be a good mother. I get what you are saying about leaving a baby with a nanny 24/7 but I don’t think working and leaving your child with professionals means you shouldn’t have had a baby.
Sorry! That’s of course not what I meant. In Belgium we also only have 3 months of mat leave so most women actually leave their child at daycare after that. I think I phrased it wrongly but I don’t understand that someone like Millie plans to have 2 nannies with her and her newborn. To be there while her and her baby are home? Same with the night nurse, do you really need someone to take care of your baby while you sleep? Are you even still the primary care giver when someone else takes care or your child day AND night? I don’t really think this is comparable to bringing your child to daycare so you can work…

Reactions: 3
millie hasn’t gone back to work, she’s off on holidays and getting massages/beauty treatments/Pilates or whatever. Big difference. And she’s constantly trying to be relatable!

Reactions: 7
It’s a very fine line between giving your baby to strangers for no apparent reason, and having to send your child to nursery or whatever because you have to return to work. I naively thought I’d be fine with taking mine to my parents for an hour or so a week to get stuff done but it because apparent that that wouldn’t be right for us and I never left her until she was about 8 months old and that was only because I was returning to work and needed to know that I as well as she would be alright! I know I’d much rather have a cleaner/ housekeeper than a nanny! Suppose it depends on their upbringing too, that just might be the way they did it. Gotta say though, it’ll just heighten the separation anxiety that she claims Sienna gets.

It’s a very fine line between giving your baby to strangers for no apparent reason, and having to send your child to nursery or whatever because you have to return to work. I naively thought I’d be fine with taking mine to my parents for an hour or so a week to get stuff done but it because apparent that that wouldn’t be right for us and I never left her until she was about 8 months old and that was only because I was returning to work and needed to know that I as well as she would be alright! I know I’d much rather have a cleaner/ housekeeper than a nanny! Suppose it depends on their upbringing too, that just might be the way they did it. Gotta say though, it’ll just heighten the separation anxiety that she claims Sienna gets.
But that is the thing. Millie was (presumably) raised by nannies, and now has this terrible anxiety. Anxiety that was there before fame. How can she be so certain there is no link? Millie is clearly a pretty insecure person. And now she is doing things to Sienna that research says creates insecure people. I thought she would be doing anything she could to raise her with minimal stress.

Reactions: 8
But that is the thing. Millie was (presumably) raised by nannies, and now has this terrible anxiety. Anxiety that was there before fame. How can she be so certain there is no link? Millie is clearly a pretty insecure person. And now she is doing things to Sienna that research says creates insecure people. I thought she would be doing anything she could to raise her with minimal stress.
… but that would also get in the way of her massage and photoshoot time. People just have different priorities I guess! Wonder what she’d be like with a boy?

I completely get this but she’s not leaving Sienna with someone to go to work. And having a night nanny from birth means another person will be doing the night feeds/changes etc so she can sleep. I don’t know many mothers who would prioritise their own sleep over a deeper connection with their baby. How can she claim she’s relatable when she doesn’t do any of the hard bits of parenting.

She breastfed Sienna so I’m guessing she will be expressing so the nanny can do the night feeds. I wouldn’t chose that even if I could afford it.

Her kids are insta props - she doesn’t love parenting else why would you palm it off onto paid professionals unless you had to go back to work?

Reactions: 7

This is heartbreaking to read but I am not surprised. It seems like the tradition for rich people to kind of treat their kids like props or else just extensions of themselves...seen not heard. And also just having others raising their kids because God forbid they do any real work.

Reactions: 1
What a load of bollocks that Hello magazine interview is:

‘I’ve been so busy with Sienna I haven’t had much time to focus on being pregnant. The first pregnancy it was all I thought and talked about. But I sometimes now forget I’m pregnant – and I never thought I’d ever be someone who said that.’

Says the rich woman who has a Nanny & posts a bump photo pretty much every day on her social media 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.