Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mcfeez

VIP Member
Currently watching Harry potter and the chamber of secrets, which is also my fave book from the series .I still remember being 10 years old and reading it alone at night and actually feeling scared when it said "the chamber of secrets has been opened". Can't get back that feeling of reading it for the first time.
I got to read Chamber of Secrets as one of my class books in primary school and remember how freaky I found it! I also was terrified by the opening of Goblet of Fire - the story of them finding the dead Riddles.

I bought the last few books at midnight sales too and literally didnt sleep til the morning I was so engrossed. I love thinking about that excitement.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Zenchick101

VIP Member
I remember chatting to my friends, classmates on msn, watching VHS tapes - i used to like the holes cause it made my fingers feel odd and squished. I remember my parent's palm pilot, when we used a home phone not a cell phone, I remember disposable cameras, when youtube was still a new odd thing, Actually going out and not just spending all my time online and playing outside. Also calling my friends on the home phone and having to plug in internet.

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
Another one…brats dolls and my scene dolls…I wasn’t allowed bratz dolls 😒 or allowed to watch top of the pops, I remember catching like a few seconds of Beyoncé once on there before my mum came in and changed the channel 😂

Jungle run…the fear when they got trapped in the temple hahah
Kerching? I can’t remember they boys names but were the girls called like Missy and Keisha or something?
Smart with mark speight 🥺
Stars In Their Eyes, MADE a Saturday night that did until Matthew Kelly was arrested, was never the same after that ☹

Sunny D and blue smarties 😂😂😂 I remember the mums outside ballet kicking off about blue smarties and the fact it was bugs that made it now they’re all natural colours and look shit 😂🥴 give me that electric blue any day hahahah

jelly shoes 😱
Cargo trousers with the random long strips hanging off them with the chainy bits 😂

JLXRD

VIP Member
Do you guys remember that Raven tv show where they had to do like obstacle courses? Bloody loved that.

ETA have a throwback

• Heart

The212

There was a show on Nickelodeon called Taina but no one at school watched it & they had no idea what I was on about 😂 does anyone else remember it?

LittleMy

VIP Member
Our dial up cost 1p a minute so I was only allowed on for one hour a day not a minute longer. “It all adds up” my step dad used to say. I’d try and offer to pay out of my own pocket money for more internet time😂

Broadband was mind blowing when that got popular.
Broadband was elite! 😂

• Haha

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Omg are you even a millennial if you don’t remember this toy!!!

View attachment 773349
My cousin had this! Though it wasn't that great- but reminds me of mouse trap which I got for my birthday. Pokemon defined me at age 10-11. My dad took us to the movie and we got promotional Mew cards. Still remember being in Toysrus and over the moon when I got a Charizard pokemon card from the packet my dad bought us.

I have a issues with my mental health and it makes me feel so weird knowing how easy it was to be so happy to be a kid.

Does anyone else remember Meez? And club penguin 🐧 😆
My year 2003 sister was into club P.

Last edited:
  • Heart

dancingqueen5678

Chatty Member
Jacqueline Wilson books were the best, I’ve actually re read some as an adult and they really hold up. I think when I have kids I’d let them read them when they were old enough - definitely gave me an insight into different family situations.

Double Act and Lola Rose were my fave though both quite sad. Also Midnight. I used to love colouring in the illustrations by nick sharratt in gel pen 😂🙈 (scented, obvs)
Loved JW as a kid! Vicky Angel made sob and sob and sob! I really liked how they were dark/deep/social topics but told through a kids perspective. I really related to a lot of them, especially split parents. I was the only one of my friends all through school with split parents.

Sheabutter

VIP Member
Born in 2000 and mostly am grateful to be born at a time where there has been a lot of progression in peoples rights but also sad we are living in a time where most people don’t talk anymore, and seem to care more about what people think about them on social media. I do love the internet for the fact it’s helped me make lifelong friends and has helped me learn so much more about things. However I do feel that nowadays it’s used for so much negativity which is hard to avoid.

I think I was the last generation to grow up without social media, I think I was 4 when Facebook was made but it wasn’t a massive thing until about 2008 onwards. I had a VCR until I was 11 and got my first phone at 13/14 and even then it was a very basic mobile. I worry a lot for the younger generations because they don’t have a chance to grow up now without social media unless they actively try and avoid it.
Woah are you still considered a millennial?

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
How many of us used to have a tamagotchi which looking after pretty much ruled every minute of life. The little fuckers were always beeping for something
when I was with my first serious boyfriend, his sister got a tamagotchi and kept neglecting it, was a pain in the arse. she then decided she’d have a real baby instead 😭

• Haha

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Jacqueline Wilson books were the best, I’ve actually re read some as an adult and they really hold up. I think when I have kids I’d let them read them when they were old enough - definitely gave me an insight into different family situations.

Double Act and Lola Rose were my fave though both quite sad. Also Midnight. I used to love colouring in the illustrations by nick sharratt in gel pen 😂🙈 (scented, obvs)
I bought a box set of JW books for a bargain price when my eldest was a baby. I said I bought them “for when she’s older” and that it was a bargain I couldn’t pass up, but really it was so I could read all my old favs again😅 The Suitcase Kid was my number 1 JW book.

• Heart