Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Suebigfatsue87

VIP Member
I loved JW books too! They definitely covered decent topics, I remember Girls Out Late etc talked about periods, losing virginity etc. In Lola Rose the mum got cancer didn't she? I thought it was good that the books talked about semi serious/serious topics in a way that wasn't over the top for younger people.
the girls series was fucking toxic 🤣 swear to god it gave me serious body issues. Girls under pressure does anyone remember that? Ellie making herself throw up ! I remember even trying that as I thought I was fat after that book

did anyone love Louise Rennison? Angus things andFull frontal snogging series was my favourite series ever

Reactions: 4

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I had a red tamagotchi until my disabled cousin ripped the rubber buttons off.

Spent hours on the Gameboy with pokemon yellow.
I was Power ranger mad.

This can make me cry: (I'm super sensitive with kids singing. )

Loved this too:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
On TikTok Gen-Z absolutely rip the piss out of millennials.

Saying all we talk about is “adulting” and buying houseplants and that we’re obsessed with which Hogwarts house we belong to. I cannot relate to any of those :ROFLMAO:

But I can relate to probably never being able to afford a mortgage and my grandparents rubbing it in that they bought their terraced house for £2K in the 60’s 🤡
Ah
1.I'm bad at being a real adult.
2.I'm in love with plants and felt sad about planting one outside, under a bush as I had her for so long, but I'm leaving soon and won't be able to take her with me on a plane.
3.Currently have HP chamber of secrets as an audiobook on my phone, along with the audiobook of the Kennedy curse. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Ding

VIP Member
I was born in 86. Some of the stuff on here has made me so nostalgic!
The fashion, the secret electronic diary 😂 tamagotchi (I was obsessed) the aliens (also obsessed with trying to make them have a baby 😂) Screwball Scramble...the list goes on and on.
I'm so glad I grew up in the era that I did ♥

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Love this thread!!!
So many memories! I remember msn and when you had video cam you were really cool it was plugged in to the computer rather than being built in 😂 I remember my first mobile phone was a bt cell net and I had a Minnie Mouse cover for it and thought I was the bees knees. Does anyone remember Snake on nokia phones?
I loved habbo hotel too I had habbo club and thought I was the best ever with my sofa 😂😂😂 does anyone remember there would be like rooms and you would change your outfits for fashion shows in habbo?
i also loved the sims!!
Ps avocado on toast is the best you just need to season it - my faves are black pepper and chilli 👌
I still have and use a Nokia 100 that I bought when I was around 20 for £11 from Tesco as my first mobile. (I just turned 30). My iphone 5 is mainly for taking photos and whatsapp but doesn't have a SIM cared.

Nothing beats MONOPOLY.

• Heart

mcfeez

VIP Member
Retired folk seem to be the ones who are out clogging up the cafes having their scones . Maybe the millennial only go to hipster cafes.
Oh yeah they do. Its not a brunch unless there are 3 avocado based dishes on the menu and shakshuka eggs for some reason too ...

• Haha
  • Sick

HoGi

VIP Member
the girls series was fucking toxic 🤣 swear to god it gave me serious body issues. Girls under pressure does anyone remember that? Ellie making herself throw up ! I remember even trying that as I thought I was fat after that book

did anyone love Louise Rennison? Angus things andFull frontal snogging series was my favourite series ever
The Angus things and full frontal snogging series was my absolute fave!!

• Heart

tortfeasor

I loved Cartoon Network. Cow and Chicken, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Secret Squirrel, Two Stupid Dogs, all the ‘what a cartoon’ shorts, Johnny Quest, Flintstones, Jetsons, Flying Rhino Junior High, Fat Dog Mendoza, Osmosis Jones, Sharky and George. I could go on!

Also used to enjoy cbbc and citv before they got their own channels and it was on for a few hours after school. Bernards Watch, Tracy Beaker, jungle run, 50/50, Get Your Own Back, Queens Nose, Grange Hill (everyone had a crush on ‘Togger’), Byker Grove, The Stables, Blue Peter when it was actually good. Those were the days.
2 Stupid Dogs and Cow and Chicken were brilliant. They were still repeating Cow and Chicken on I believe Boomerang up until a few years ago as I discovered. They both appealed to my warped sense of my humour. I particularly liked Red Riding Hood in 2 Stupid Dogs - clip below shows her at her best.

• Heart
  • Haha

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Currently watching Harry potter and the chamber of secrets, which is also my fave book from the series .I still remember being 10 years old and reading it alone at night and actually feeling scared when it said "the chamber of secrets has been opened". Can't get back that feeling of reading it for the first time.

My dad also bought me a copy of the goblet of fire from Asda for £3.50 too!

Does anyone remember the electronic secret diary’s 😂😂😂
View attachment 773339
Yea I do but I never had one. Looks like a faff to write in tbh.

Sheabutter

VIP Member
This came in my e-mail the other day and my heart literally sang. They’re getting better at finding me 😂

392D81A5-5653-4707-8F95-509396453F16.jpeg

• Haha

Tublet83

VIP Member
My first mobile phone when I was 16 was a flip Motorola and to text someone you had to type in their phone number, I had to have them written in biro all over my hands 😂 10p a text as well you had to make it count 😂

Yel

Chatty Member
I think the cost by the ISP and the phone company gradually did go down, then all of a sudden you could be connected all day for one small fixed cost. That was mind blowing! It actually felt like the future.

I remember someone bragging about their 56kbps modem while I was stuck on 28kbps :cry:

• Haha

Sheabutter

VIP Member
Bring back the days of reading music lyrics from the back of a cassette tape
The CD inserts with art and lyrics were *everything*

I think my current obsession with fun kitchen gadgets is my way of compensating for never owning an Easy-Bake Oven 😂

• Heart

Notgonnalie

VIP Member
Love this thread!!!
So many memories! I remember msn and when you had video cam you were really cool it was plugged in to the computer rather than being built in 😂 I remember my first mobile phone was a bt cell net and I had a Minnie Mouse cover for it and thought I was the bees knees. Does anyone remember Snake on nokia phones?
I loved habbo hotel too I had habbo club and thought I was the best ever with my sofa 😂😂😂 does anyone remember there would be like rooms and you would change your outfits for fashion shows in habbo?
i also loved the sims!!
Ps avocado on toast is the best you just need to season it - my faves are black pepper and chilli 👌

Ps I never had the chocolate coin making kit but I did have one called the chocolate factory and I made my own Easter eggs on it and it was sooooooo cool loved it so much!!

Last edited:
  • Heart

Zenchick101

VIP Member
I started watching Fraiser when I was 16. It has never dated and it's so wonderfully written. I LOVED Niles crane the most.

Anyone have a Mr Frosty? Or a chocolate coin making kit? I never got one. :(

My cousins and I would pour over the argos catalog and circle almost everything. I also grew up in Toysrus.
I miss circling items I wanted for christmas in the toys 'r us/toy catalogue. Now it seems as if kids get toys year round and the special excitement of christmas is gone a bit.

when I was with my first serious boyfriend, his sister got a tamagotchi and kept neglecting it, was a pain in the arse. she then decided she’d have a real baby instead 😭
how'd that work out for her? haha

Last edited: