Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TheScarletgirl

VIP Member
I really enjoyed reading this thread . I had my first phone in year 7 a Motorola flip phone much to my parents disapproval as why does a 12 year old need a phone ? I was born in 91 and feel i had the best of both worlds anyone remember Tiny computers

Reactions: 2

Doc

VIP Member
I started chatting to this guy on ICQ and we each took a friend to the mall with us to meet up. This random ICQ chat guy and I have been friends for over 20 years now! I ended up meeting my husband through him, he walked me down the aisle at my wedding, and I'm godmother to his son. 😊

My life would be so different without a millennial chat program and the good old days to naively chatting to strangers on the Internet. 😂
Hahahaha ICQ… I remember the “uh oh!” When you got a message and the knock when someone came online 🤣🤣🤣

A 20 something year old bloke from Canada tried to get me to go meet him, I must’ve been 15ish? It is horrifying when I look back!

• Haha
  • Wow

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I enjoy avocado the same as I like many things but could happily live without it. One thing a lot of people my age seem OBSESSED with is brunch and going out for breakfasts which is something I do not connect with
Retired folk seem to be the ones who are out clogging up the cafes having their scones . Maybe the millennial only go to hipster cafes.

• Heart

sleepflowers

VIP Member
Did many of you have a "computer room" in your house? Seems like such a bizarre thing now with laptops.
That was my dad's office. I remember him showing me how to use the internet for the first time via 'the big E' - Internet Explorer! This must have been around 97-98, my dad was quite an early adopter of home computing.

Reactions: 1

Smallpotato

VIP Member
The phone thing is interesting. I remember seeing adults with mobile phones occasionally in around 1998, but people my age started getting them in late 1999/2000 when we were 16 / 17. Like 1 person from school had a mobile before our gcse exams ( and someone was jealous so they brought their dad's old one in that didn't work).

I wonder it was only acceptable need a phone around that age. Like we were out and about away from home and getting in touch was beneficial.
I got a phone around 1999, and I was about 14/15. I walked to school and it was a safety thing. Tbh I hated it as it really did encourage bullying!

Sheabutter

VIP Member
I thought of creepy crawlers for a second there with the Mr. Frosty ice shapers. Does anyone else remember those? 😂

The phone thing is interesting. I remember seeing adults with mobile phones occasionally in around 1998, but people my age started getting them in late 1999/2000 when we were 16 / 17. Like 1 person from school had a mobile before our gcse exams ( and someone was jealous so they brought their dad's old one in that didn't work).

I wonder it was only acceptable need a phone around that age. Like we were out and about away from home and getting in touch was beneficial.
Remember car phones? 😂

I got a mobile phone when I was 16 in 2000, but never used it as sending texts and making calls was way out of my teenage budget.

Sheabutter

VIP Member
Batman Beyond - I loved the aesthetic and the episode where they had payment transfers was soooo futuristic 🤣 Also Sabrina with Melissa Joan Hart 🖤 ✨

Sheabutter

VIP Member
I personally think at this rate I'll be able to buy my own home on my own in my late 30/ early 40s. 🤪

(London prices)
I know 😂 When that happens for me I’m going to insist that people call me baroness 🤪

I love this song by the wonderful Conan even though he's only 7 years younger then me:

He speaks for me 🙌

• Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I’m not a millennial, I’m old, I had a Motorola flip it was my 3rd or forth phone it was on bt cellnet. You did not have to type the number in to send a text.

Sheabutter

VIP Member
I have a issues with my mental health and it makes me feel so weird knowing how easy it was to be so happy to be a kid.
Maybe that’s part of the problem - we don’t have enough toys marketed to us adults 😂 Saturday mornings with the Toys ‘R’ Us catalog and a bowl of cereal were so nice and then there was the comics section of the paper 🤍