Mikhila McDaid #6 Milkhallax - she's wheelie messed up her garden but it's super aesthetic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She doesn’t know when Rimmel collabed with rita ora? A quick google shows it was 2013 and she calls herself a beauty blogger
Those rita ora nail polishes have been around for years and rita was in a Rimmel TV ad for a long time. She knows very little about make up. If that was my job I'd be constantly making myself aware of all the new releases so I'd be in the know. I don't even think she likes make up, she always makes it sound like such a chore and a huge achievement if she actually manages to put some on.

Reactions: 8
Yes, I don’t think she enjoys it anymore. Think she seems too tied to the budget title shape doesn’t buy expensive make up she’d prefer much. Like with that Dior lipgloss, mentioned it was her favourite numerous times, spent probably 12 months and £££ trying to find something similar. Not sure her viewers were desperate for a dupe necessarily, she was hell bent on finding one. Says she loves that No7 foundation, best she’s used, scraping out the last of the bottle, since bought I don’t know how many cheap ones. Just buy nice things and enjoy them if that’s what you want, like and can afford.

And yes, dead lazy. Like just do two mins research on what you’re doing, not hard, but makes the video worthwhile for the viewer. Like that new bag video, no info, just her on about leaving it in the sun and using baby wipes on the leather. No how much was it, where from, material, size, what does it fit? Massive oversight, made the bag video completely useless.

Reactions: 11
Yes, I don’t think she enjoys it anymore. Think she seems too tied to the budget title shape doesn’t buy expensive make up she’d prefer much. Like with that Dior lipgloss, mentioned it was her favourite numerous times, spent probably 12 months and £££ trying to find something similar. Not sure her viewers were desperate for a dupe necessarily, she was hell bent on finding one. Says she loves that No7 foundation, best she’s used, scraping out the last of the bottle, since bought I don’t know how many cheap ones. Just buy nice things and enjoy them if that’s what you want, like and can afford.

And yes, dead lazy. Like just do two mins research on what you’re doing, not hard, but makes the video worthwhile for the viewer. Like that new bag video, no info, just her on about leaving it in the sun and using baby wipes on the leather. No how much was it, where from, material, size, what does it fit? Massive oversight, made the bag video completely useless.
It was very much a video she made because she wanted to justify buying/ show off a new handbag, rather than wanting it to be informative or enjoyable for her viewers, who might not be as familiar with designer bags, names, prices etc. Rambling about how it's been awhile since you really splurged and spent so much on a bag is arbitrary if you don't talk about how much it cost and why you've wanted it for so long... why do you 'LOV' it, what made you part with over a grand for this bag?

Also, we've been here before with something being her go-to 'carry on' (hand luggage) bag, because she bought a Longchamp Le Pliage Neo for that purpose only a couple of years ago. Complete side note here but it always confused me how she could use the Neo bag, or the Alexander Wang Rocky (?) Bag for a couple of nights away!? They're roomy bags but you couldn't fit toiletries, change of clothes etc in there. That question probably answers itself.

That Dior lipgloss situation made no sense to me because she spent so much more money trying to find a cheaper alternative! Lots of content trying to find a dupe, or 'doop'.

Reactions: 6

The no7 foundation I like it doesn’t irritate my face though I think it’s expensive for boots but it’s still cheaper than high end I recently bought some no7 makeup off boots I got 3 foundations a bronzer 2 mascaras and it came with a free gift it should have been £83 but I paid £35 as they were buy 1 get 1 half price and so much off a certain spend, I still had some of my foundation left but I took advantage of that offer as I knew I’d need more and have to pay £15 just for the foundation.
I’m all for saving money but Ive learned the hard way of trying to dupe things I really like it just costs more, I don’t know why she doesn’t branch out her makeup channel a lot of people myself included are over ‘budget’ makeup I just buy things I like because I’ll actually use them

Reactions: 5
Also, we've been here before with something being her go-to 'carry on' (hand luggage) bag, because she bought a Longchamp Le Pliage Neo for that purpose only a couple of years ago. Complete side note here but it always confused me how she could use the Neo bag, or the Alexander Wang Rocky (?) Bag for a couple of nights away!? They're roomy bags but you couldn't fit toiletries, change of clothes etc in there. That question probably answers itself.
I don’t understand why she would need a thousand pound ‘go to carry on’ when she goes on one or maybe two holidays a year. She’s making it sound like she’s jet setting every other week and needs a designated designer handbag for the occasion 😂

Most people who go on one holiday a year just pick their biggest bag to take as a carry on to double up as a beach bag /day out bag without taking up all the space in their suitcase. They don’t need something specific for it! And even if they did want a new carry on bag, it’s not usually thousands of pounds.

She admitted to uploading her Friday favourites on a Tuesday by accident
so that shows she filmed it four days after her last favourites so the whole weekly favourites thing is even more of a farce

I couldn’t stop staring at her greasy mush throughout the vid!

Because she’s a woman, she doesn’t wash; she wears the same outfits

Ps she’s using Ella’s hair tool..... I’d be like no duck off mum! Does she not have her own curler? And if she doesn’t know where hers is she wants to find it

Rinse and repeat with her, mentioned her subway salad for the 4th time. Mik, it’s not healthy, their veg is grown in sugar water..... like just put your big girl pants on
Ps the fact Milo has a favourite takeaway says a lot, I don’t know if this is a new thing or like just specific to her but if you had asked me when I was 9 what my favourite takeaway was I would have just said McDonald’s because that’s all we would have had (very rarely as a treat) I don’t know if this is normal like my extended family (the kids) might say fish and chips? But is this normal or am I just from a family of non take away eaters

Last edited:
TK MAXX!? No Primark this weekend? Devastated. Tonnes of good deals though guys. That mask fits so badly and please stop touching things 😫

The closet office is becoming a spare room as well! Didn't she want to clear some space in there by moving a small set of drawers and now she's moving a sofa in there?! I'd probably just replace the gross sofa downstairs with a nice sofa bed.

Reactions: 4
I don’t think I’d have understood if asked if I had a favourite takeaway you know. I think there were less when I was a kid, and it was a bit different. I’d have probably said McDonalds as it’s probably all I’d know. Although we’d have probably sat in for a happy meal as a rare treat. Or chippy tea now and again or if at the seaside.

I think when you’re young you’re all about buying the cheaper end stuff in Boots, Rimmel and the like. A one off from Mac was a big treat. When you get older and probably have a bit more money you’re just going to buy the stuff you like. Like that Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk lipstick is by far the best nude that’s ever suited me. I’ve chucked out so many that we’re too light/dark/pink/peachy/brown, when it runs out I’m not even going to look at anything else.

Thought the same over the last few Friday faves videos, you can tell she’s wearing clothes from early in the week. So it’s just a few things I’ve picked out to talk about for 10 mins and some American tv shows.

I don’t know what she’s seeing when she thinks her hair looks good. Last time it looked good was probably the bob she had 5 years ago. If she stuck with the CGM maybe she’d get some nice waves, but was only willing to give that a go for one wash, doesn’t work like that. She really is an absolute fraud having a beauty channel when you think about it. Hair disgusting, make up pretty rubbish, not willing to do 5 mins research on skincare so burns her face with S&G Peaches and Clean because she likes the tingling.

Reactions: 4
That “favourite” rita ora polish isn’t even on sale anymore that’s how long she has had it. All of her stuff is years old, the strangest beauty blogger in the world

p.s 13 LORVS in 14 minutes

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Thinking more on that dupe hunting mentality and buying Aldi and Poundland makeup hoping it’ll be amazing... Most people now in their 30s, I’m assuming, want some nice skincare and nice makeup that they enjoy using, makes them feel and look good and that sometimes might feel like a treat to wear. They generally don’t have a 9 drawer Alex unit full of makeup, and don’t have all the time to sit round playing with it in a dedicated room. Probably have lives, family, full time job, real hobbies.

This is where I think her channel(s) seems conflicted, buying handbags that cost a grand, trying out Aldi tinted moisturiser. People her age are probably in the middle, buying the majority of their makeup from mid-high end (from L’Oréal/Revolution - MAC/Nars type price maybe) and their fashion from ASOS/H&M/Zara/Topshop and starting to look at more sustainable brands. These people still have the odd Primark dress and a Chanel lipstick as a birthday treat. She is completely at either end, Primark and Chanel and very little in between, like some weird stubbornness or massive outdated loyalty to her Budget Beauty ‘brand’.

(Massive generalisation of people that age I know)

There’s nothing wrong with liking a bargain but, she clearly only buys for the sake of her channel, there’s nothing wrong with liking products that are a bit more expensive. Some are worth it, aka this Dior lipgloss, there’s no point spending all this money on dupes and if she was articulate enough she could explain this but nope, twitalax strikes again

Reactions: 2
"I don't know if i've lost weight on my face but this mask is not staying on" Ermmmm no Mik have you looked in the mirror your face is huge.

• Haha
"I don't know if i've lost weight on my face but this mask is not staying on" Ermmmm no Mik have you looked in the mirror your face is huge.
“Or if my ears have got closer together” errr yeah that’s how it works
Not the fact it’s about the only one you work and the elastic will be stretching

Reactions: 7
Why is she on Instagram with a cold, looking ill, sounding ill and going on about how she has plans tomorrow and needing remedies.... who will tell her

Almost if as going no where and then rushing off to Meadowhall and the other shops would expose you to germs you haven’t been exposed too in over a year? Who would have thought that would give you a cold 😂😂

Reactions: 7
She knew she was ill yesterday so she went spreading it around in Meadowhall. I know we wear masks but I bet any money her hands are NOT clean (judging by her general appearance and her love of takeaways and licking her fingers )

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I'm concerned I'm a secret stinker, because I use the Le Pliage as my carry-on bag and the large shoulder bags are like a Tardis; toiletries, wallets, eye masks, work clothes for the next day, change of underwear, PJs, make-up bag, it all fits if you pack it right. No idea if that's the size Manky Mik was using though, the small shoulder bag is fine for short-haul but you're not getting PJs or a full change of clothes in that. But as we've established, she's not getting on a flight and changing her clothes mid-flight or on arrival, she's not even changing clothes at home.

I'm concerned I'm a secret stinker, because I use the Le Pliage as my carry-on bag and the large shoulder bags are like a Tardis; toiletries, wallets, eye masks, work clothes for the next day, change of underwear, PJs, make-up bag, it all fits if you pack it right. No idea if that's the size Manky Mik was using though, the small shoulder bag is fine for short-haul but you're not getting PJs or a full change of clothes in that. But as we've established, she's not getting on a flight and changing her clothes mid-flight or on arrival, she's not even changing clothes at home.
A secret stinker! I'm sure you're not though, I agree that a LOT fits in the large le pliage but I think the Neo one she has is smaller because its a top handle/ cross body bag! Either way, you actually pack toiletries and clothes so I think you're safe 😆 I was just speculating, considering how many of her handbags she insists she can pack for 2/3 days and overnight stays.

ETA I wonder if Mik even thought to do a lateral flow covid test before going to Meadow Hall? Or thought that maybe she should just wait if she wasn't feeling well and didn't need anything?

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.