Mikhila McDaid #11 Still a slob and didn't get the job

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess its personal preference, I can't take it seriously mostly due to her not actually reading books. I also would be more inclined to give a tit if they were discussing fiction. But maybe that's my personal bias.
I think this whole you don’t read if it’s not a book is privileged, you’re not considering people who can’t read or find it difficult to read. Or can’t read because they’re too busy and have the ability to listen (aka on a commute driving)
It might be personal bias but we all need to consider the wider impact of this attitude, also mik did read fiction last month, the midnight library is fiction….

but if we all read the same books the world would be very boring and it’s not like she’s pulling in loads of views

Reactions: 4
I didn't watch, these self help books (I'm guessing that's what it was) don't grab me at all. But saw her story with a snap shot of it. What really stood out was Em had made an effort, hair looked nice etc whereas Mic looks like she's just wandered in from the garden with unbrushed hair. I know she was late due to traffic, which makes the mid Saturday afternoon in the middle of Easter weekend a crap time. No wonder hardly anyone joined, surely everyone is enjoying the sun rather than watching some half arsed book club live.

Reactions: 5
I guess its personal preference, I can't take it seriously mostly due to her not actually reading books. I also would be more inclined to give a tit if they were discussing fiction. But maybe that's my personal bias.
Kinda feel similar. At least the odd traditionally read book along the way if you want to do a bok clob. Knowing she works part time and ignores her children and dog, she has the time. I prefer fiction too and have zero interest in her American self help books.
Easter weekend, nice weather, same start time as FA cup semi final, terrible timing.

Reactions: 7
if i was doing a "book club" i would most certainly buy a physical copy, even if it was just a prop for the video

Reactions: 10
🙈 I’ve just watched the ‘is the beauty community dead’ video…I know this has probably already been covered because I’m like a week behind but no Khila, the beauty community is still there, going very strong!
I don’t understand how she can’t see the problem is her? She doesn’t keep up! She’s still banging on about the same make op she’s had rattling around for like 10 years, she’s not very good at application and never really seems to try anything new (as I write this, she’s just attempting a full face of the new 17 stuff but you know what I mean).
Get with the times woman! And learn how to apply your make op properly!

Reactions: 6
The new 17 brand relaunched two months ago, she's a bit behind. Not sure why she's talking about older people being more interested and teenagers wanting more. The brand is targeted at teens, I expect they've done their research and I doubt all teenagers wear full on drag makeup every day for school. Maybe the 'older' people were glad to see another affordable makeup line, considering what's currently going on in the UK.

I lost interest 3 minutes in but 'Blosh for a soft and floshed lock' absolutely sent me.

• Haha
I think this whole you don’t read if it’s not a book is privileged, you’re not considering people who can’t read or find it difficult to read. Or can’t read because they’re too busy and have the ability to listen (aka on a commute driving)
It might be personal bias but we all need to consider the wider impact of this attitude, also mik did read fiction last month, the midnight library is fiction….

but if we all read the same books the world would be very boring and it’s not like she’s pulling in loads of views
But she can read, can't she? And she has the time to do so doesn't she? She's the one who's decided to do a book club but not read a book. So I'm not gonna lump everyone else's personal circumstances, and valid reasons for opting for audio over paper, in with my opinion on her. I'm judging her and her alone as someone who has decided to chair a book club without touching a book. My personal bias is that I have an English Literature degree and to me written word and spoken word are very different to review. No one is ever going to argue there's no place for audio books. If you enjoy them continue!

The new 17 brand relaunched two months ago, she's a bit behind. Not sure why she's talking about older people being more interested and teenagers wanting more. The brand is targeted at teens, I expect they've done their research and I doubt all teenagers wear full on drag makeup every day for school. Maybe the 'older' people were glad to see another affordable makeup line, considering what's currently going on in the UK.

I lost interest 3 minutes in but 'Blosh for a soft and floshed lock' absolutely sent me.
Surely it's a sentimental/nostalgic thing for the "older" people. I bought loads of 17 in the late 90s/early 00s. I'd be tempted to purchase for that reason alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Her Boots 17 review was extremely poor in comparison to 'Sophdoeslife'. Khila had five or six items - Sophie had 22! Sophie did a full in depth review and even did a check in 9 hours later. Khila's seemed half arsed in comparison

I didn't watch, these self help books (I'm guessing that's what it was) don't grab me at all. But saw her story with a snap shot of it. What really stood out was Em had made an effort, hair looked nice etc whereas Mic looks like she's just wandered in from the garden with unbrushed hair. I know she was late due to traffic, which makes the mid Saturday afternoon in the middle of Easter weekend a crap time. No wonder hardly anyone joined, surely everyone is enjoying the sun rather than watching some half arsed book club live.
I only saw 60 seconds where Emma said she hadn't finished the book, i got the impression maybe she had been railroaded into taking part?

Her Boots 17 review was extremely poor in comparison to 'Sophdoeslife'. Khila had five or six items - Sophie had 22! Sophie did a full in depth review and even did a check in 9 hours later. Khila's seemed half arsed in comparison
Did soph also spend 5 minutes smearing things onto her face with her fingers and call the job done?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Watching her rub that eyeshadow onto her eye with her finger was horrific.

Edit: would it not be better for her to buy a couple of shades of certain products, like the lip liner, foundation and the eyeshadow? As she always says the shades are wrong. For a proper review she should get a variety of colours/shades to try. I know she is against spending money on things just to review, but it just ends up her saying everything is rubbish because the shades are wrong. It's such a waste of everyone's time.

Last edited:
For someone who's been making these videos for 10+ years how does she always manage to buy the wrong shade of foundation`?

Reactions: 9
For someone who's been making these videos for 10+ years how does she always manage to buy the wrong shade of foundation`?
I find her make up skills shockingly bad for that reason. She often looks like a toddler who got into their mum's make up bag.

Reactions: 5
Because she thinks she is Jennifer Lopez circa 2003.

Her makeop application in the 17 video is quite honestly terrible. She looks terrible and what is that eyeliner smogded thing she has done her eyelids are so puffy and the purple brows how has this woman been a beauty blogger for over ten years?

In the 17 video her neck is covered in deep lines and wrinkles she needs to get a grip on her skincare regime asap she will regret it if she doesn’t

p.s happy Easter tattle fam

I think she wants the effortless, youthful make up look but she doesn’t understand that it does actually take some effort when you’re 37

Even in my early 30s now, I gotta do more skin prep than I used to do

I think you can get that effortless look, but you have to spend money. IT cosmetics CC, Nars TM, Laura Mercier TM, Charlotte Tilbury Light (wonder?) one all work for me. Bit of mascara, glossier boy brow, light bronzer, maybe glossier cloud paint and some powder.

She‘s always chasing that effortless look but only willing to spend £5 on foundation. It (probably) can’t be done. She’s dropped the bodget beauty branding, so unless she’s being tight, time to branch out from MUA. She’ll have spent more on cheap robbish, than just spending on a higher end light foundation and going to a counter for a sample for the correct shade.

Her terrible application and shade choosing recklessness make these videos a terrible watch compared to any other YouTuber.I’m only watching now to follow this thread. 😂

Reactions: 1
I think you can get that effortless look, but you have to spend money. IT cosmetics CC, Nars TM, Laura Mercier TM, Charlotte Tilbury Light (wonder?) one all work for me. Bit of mascara, glossier boy brow, light bronzer, maybe glossier cloud paint and some powder.

She‘s always chasing that effortless look but only willing to spend £5 on foundation. It (probably) can’t be done. She’s dropped the bodget beauty branding, so unless she’s being tight, time to branch out from MUA. She’ll have spent more on cheap robbish, than just spending on a higher end light foundation and going to a counter for a sample for the correct shade.

Her terrible application and shade choosing recklessness make these videos a terrible watch compared to any other YouTuber.I’m only watching now to follow this thread. 😂
I recently discovered nars long wear radiant foundation and it’s amazing! Alongside the concealer I can’t fault it I have dry skin and use the rare beauty powder blush is either nars or CT same with bronzer and highlight the CT eyeshadow quads are amazing quality and I use the kevyn aucoin sculpting powder for contour - I’m 30 and think it’s better to buy better quality makeup as it looks better and I find I use far less compared to cheaper brands but I have updated my makeup recently and so far I’m loving it!

I’ve been using Dior face and body foundation recently and it’s extremely light but you do need to really prep the skin first if you’re late thirties like me . Basically there is no quick fix for that natural smooth and glowy look it all takes time not just 5 minutes

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.