Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cocobean

VIP Member
I have just finished the book.

I don't eat fish, diary or eggs.

I have done a dry run today,
breakfast, apple, banana (snacks) and dinner will be about 700 calories.
Not sure I will be able to drop lower so the 800 may suit.

Am going to have Monday and Thursday as fast days.

Fingers crossed 🤞
If you're doing it properly after reading the book, you're not allowed fruit unless after a meal, and no snacks.

Reactions: 3

nettleteareader

VIP Member
I don't see why Instagram would have taken it down. There are plenty of accounts on there belonging to people who died long ago. I assume the family did. But yes it does seem a shame.
I did read yesterday that Instagram do take accounts down after the death of someone who was in the public eye.
---
Could it just be temporarily shutdown? Perhaps so they don't have to deal with tags/messages now but might bring back when they feel able. I can understand either option tbh, such an awful time for them.
Hopefully temporary but yes, I can understand why it's been taken down especially if it was the family.
---

Hopefully this link will work. This is what I read yesterday

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
It’s been baffling me that he tried to battle home alone on foot, when he must have already been feeling the ill effects of the heat, without asking for help.
But you could be right there; he could indeed have thought he’d get the bus home, or some other way of transport.
I could see how, maybe he asked about a bus and none was due (bus stop witness) instead of turning at the restaurant and walking to Symi, h Carrie on along the sea to pedi Marina, no water taxis there (middle of the day, they already out or having a siesta) he thought the coast path from Agios Nicolas was ok so just thought he’d carry on this coast path to Symi, there’s a stop on the way at Agia Marina.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
I think he probably said that because he’s aware people are speculating Michael might have decided to disappear so he was getting ahead to say there was no indication of that without saying it explicitly. People know what it means
This article was years old not recent
Edit - you are talking about his brother, my bad. Yes I think so.

A trope is a recurring thing, a pattern - so it’s a trope. And I don’t disagree it’s a problem, but this is a public figure gossip site and he’s on the telly, we’re bound to pick up on it even if it was just on Xitter and socials.
So it’s going off topic to talk about the media bias and “Missing White Woman Syndrome” which is somewhat a different issue, and is often related to women and girls more so than men.
Trope is also often used to mean cliché in common parlance. ‘Same tired old trope’ etc. My apologies for veering off-topic, because yes, MWWS doesn’t particularly apply to MM, who is male and whose story would always have been picked up with him being a public figure. But as it had already been mentioned, I did just want to point out that it is a known issue.

As we were…

avabella

VIP Member
I'm shocked and disgusted that the Greek media have published images of his body. Considering the country has been so helpful in the search. I know our tabloids are scum but this is so disrespectful.
Where have they published images?

laughing

VIP Member
5:2 diet

Basically two days a week, I eat 500 calories. Good food, protein etc.

5 days, I eat normal calories and be sensible with food.

That it in a nut shell?

Last edited:

Blurp

VIP Member
I just read an article titled "What does heat do to the body - and how does it kill?" written by Sherryn Groch and published in The Sydney Morning Herald. It's certainly worth a look if anyone's interested. Living in Australia we're always mindful of the heat, but I didn't really know the specifics of what actually happens, like the gut releasing masses of toxins into the bloodstream.
Made me realise that poor Dr Mosley was basically a dead man walking after a certain time had elapsed. With the world's weather hotting up, his dreadful demise is certainly a lesson for all of us.
Do you have a link please?

hehehe

VIP Member
I avoided this post when he was missing and after as I was so upset.
I bought his book years ago and initially started keto/low carb thinking if I lose a few lb that will be good.
I lost nearly 2 stone in months , my mental clarity improved , my fitness, my life in every way was better. I found confidence to change my personal life that had needed a change for years.
His FB pages show how many lives he has improved and made better.
RIP 🙏
Which resources are useful please?

laughing

VIP Member
Thanks all, will have a look at both and decide.

If you eat 800 calories on two days, how many in the other 5?