Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I was waiting for a “gypsies/Roma or Albanians“ have robbed/kidnapped/killed him” to start up, they usually get the blame attributed to them based on the fact they exist in Greece.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5

troutpout69

VIP Member
After trying to loose weight for two years without any success. (It stays the same, has moved about 2lbs. Blood tests, pt for six months, nutrition check, not a thing moved)

Am going to try Fast 800.
Maybe try 5 2 to see how you get in. It’s 800 cals on 2 days of the week. I’m doing it this week

• Heart

mee43

VIP Member
I wonder what on earth has happened?
It’s really scary to think of someone being lost or injured in that searing heat, and with no phone 😔
Hoping he’s found safe and well very soon.

PillowsofFluff

Chatty Member
32C isn't that extream and if he hasn't been found and is still alive then probably wont be in the sun
BBC are reporting temperatures are about 40C, but yes hopefully if he has fallen/fell ill he found some shade.

"It was extremely hot in Symi on Wednesday, with the National Observatory of Athens reporting temperatures reaching over 40C (104F) at 15:00 local time."

laughing

VIP Member
BBC News saying the Mayor of Symi states it looks like he fell from a short cliff and found his body when searching the coastline. How can he be in a cave then?

Believe they were going to search the caves, when they found him on the cliff.

troutpout69

VIP Member
I have just finished the book.

I don't eat fish or eggs.

I have done a dry run today,
breakfast, apple, banana (snacks) and dinner will be about 700 calories.
Not sure I will be able to drop lower so the 800 may suit.

Am going to have Monday and Thursday as fast days.

Fingers crossed 🤞
I’m the same. They beauty with 5 2 is you know you’re eating the next day, so it’s only a day at a time feeling hungry and it defo gets easier.

• Heart

bananabutter

VIP Member
It’s very sad that someone who has been so much in the public eye ‘pushing’ a harmful way to health turns out not to have been a healthy chap at all. doesn‘t look good I feel for his family I hope they get some closure.
In what was does he push a harmful way of health? I’m not overly familiar with his work

OoolongGaboolong

Unclear where phone was left
It is currently unclear where Dr Michael Mosley’s phone has been found.

BBC News reported that the TV star’s phone was found at the accommodation he was staying at with his wife while the Daily Mail cited a police spokesperson claiming he forgot his phone at the beach he was last seen at.

From https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...octor-greece-search-symi-latest-b2557995.html
That's awful. If he had his phone the police could have triangulated his position. Sincerely hope he is found quickly.

Jesselizabeth

This is strange thing since Nicole Bulley! Look how long it took to find her and she was only few miles down the river. I don’t think we are getting told the full picture..why did it take his wife so long to alert he was missing? Did she not have her phone on her too? Where is his umbrella? Why did his wife let him go for a walk if he was not feeling too good in the heat?

Reactions: 4

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
This google review has a really good description and photos of the walk from Pedi that is the route people should take, with pics of the red and blue marked rocks that were mentioned in the press. So people do take this route but it shouldn’t be taken lightly.

Wow that’s an interesting find, thank you. A massive gate as well.

PrincessP

Chatty Member
I have just finished the book.

I don't eat fish, diary or eggs.

I have done a dry run today,
breakfast, apple, banana (snacks) and dinner will be about 700 calories.
Not sure I will be able to drop lower so the 800 may suit.

Am going to have Monday and Thursday as fast days.

Fingers crossed 🤞
Fruit isnt really allowed, especially bananas, very carb and sugar dense. You want to be snacking on high protein things

• Wow

KK77

VIP Member
I grew up in the Gulf in the 1960s and 1970s before central air conditioning was ubiquitous and my father worked 'summer' hours - to work in the cooler early morning, home to sleep during the heat of the day and back to work in the evening. It was common earlier to sleep on the flat roof of houses at night to get a breeze. We had a veranda with a solid roof and open on the garden sides with fly netting all around the open sides.

It's no coincidence that loose cotton clothing in light colours are worn by Arab men who would be the ones outdoors. Women's traditional clothing though coloured and often embroidered tends to the loose too. Queen Rania of Jordan often wears traditional-inspired dresses and her mother-in-law Princess Muna wore a gorgeous one at her son's silver jubilee this past week. Think of Hawaiian muumuus, Moroccan djellabas, and kaftans too.

With rising temperatures, Europeans need to learn that skimpy, man-made fibres or dark colours aren't good. MM was in dark blue and dark colours absorb the heat. There's a reason why military 'tropical' uniforms are white or very light colours.
We know Michael loved adventure and challenges. Maybe he had read the review and had planned to walk that route, however I can’t explain then why he didn’t heed the cautions in the review re dress code and risked doing it when he had no phone, unless he didn’t realise.