Michael Mosley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going for a hike in a heatwave in Greece isn’t a good idea. Especially if you’re over the age of 50.
I can imagine the government having to put warnings out to tourists if this keeps happening. Yes he took water (as did Michael Mosley) but the phone is only really useful if you can use it to call for help.

Reactions: 3
This US tourist is still missing on a greek
Islands. He’s actually done the things MM has been criticised for not doing - taken his phone, planned his walk to be finished by around 11am, stopped for refreshments etc. and he still hasn’t been found. I think it’s easy to think if only MM had taken his phone or more water etc. then he would have been ok. I don’t know what the temps are like 7-11am ish. I’m guessing still in the 30s which would be too hot for me.

From that article, plus a further 2 missing...

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
We’re not even fully into forest fire season yet, and the helicopters and search teams must be out every day. Honestly, they’re going to have to hand out garmin GPS devices to people who go out for a walk!

Reactions: 6
I have been so upset since Dr Michael's plight became known.

Like most of us , I never met the man but I genuinely appreciated and respected his knowledge regarding diet, cardio & diabetic health information.

I suffer from none of the aforementioned illnesses, but in a bid to feel fitter & loose a stone fast, I did the 800 diet and it worked for me and I felt fabulous. I also loved him on the tv and always felt he was kind even when delivering news about bad diets etc.

His death has really knocked me sideways and I can only wish his wife and children the best of luck with their lives without their beloved husband and dad. :cry:
I feel the same about his tragic and needless death. I watched most of the programmes he presented and have a couple of his books too. Never met him, but he always came across as an affable chap, the kind you could bump into in the street and he would be kind and chat to you.

It is a puzzle as to why he took the walk in the first place and as other have said, he was not really prepared for a hike in the hills - inadequate footwear, small bottle of water. I feel an overwhelming sadness that he died alone, maybe he even knew he was going to die in his last fatal moments. I heard that he was found in a kind of sitting position, with his legs raised up. Poor Michael and I feel immensely sorry for his wife and children. 🥲
---
From that article, plus a further 2 missing...
Sadly the 74 year old Dutch tourist has been found dead.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I just went to have a look at Michael Mosley's Instagram account but it's no longer there 😕 I wonder if the family have taken it down or whether Instagram themselves have removed it. Either way it seems a shame.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
This came up on my Instagram feed. Something to take into consideration for your holiday clothes. Red is hotter, blue is cooler.

Screenshot_20240614-223853.png

Reactions: 19
Last July my husband and I went to Greece just a few days before the fires started. It was 35degrees + every day, I’m fairly fit, walk my dog 2-3 miles every day etc so we decided to go for a walk after breakfast to the nearby village.
It was our first full day and the hotel staff said it was about a mile to the village, I was wearing a floaty cotton dress with sleeves a crossbody bag with bottle of water so thought nothing of it. Only a few hundred metres up the hill about 20 mins and I was already reaching for my water, it was all uphill and became a real struggle for me although my husband was marching on moaning how unfit I was! It was clearly more than a mile.. more like 2 with no shade. My head was banging and I was sweating so much, I was slightly panicking how I felt and thankfully round a corner was a small taverna so we stopped for a drink. I was shocked at my face which was blotchy beetroot, my heart was pounding, I had to take deep breaths to calm myself.
Once I felt ok we carried on as we had basically reached the village but it was a taxi journey back!
Just shows being fit or not doesn’t matter in scorching heat.

Reactions: 32
Must be so painful for his family to deal with the extra traffic it must be having. Can understand if this is the case. Very hard day for them too

Reactions: 8
I avoided this post when he was missing and after as I was so upset.
I bought his book years ago and initially started keto/low carb thinking if I lose a few lb that will be good.
I lost nearly 2 stone in months , my mental clarity improved , my fitness, my life in every way was better. I found confidence to change my personal life that had needed a change for years.
His FB pages show how many lives he has improved and made better.
RIP 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I bought his book years ago and initially started keto/low carb thinking if I lose a few lb that will be good.
I lost nearly 2 stone in months , my mental clarity improved , my fitness, my life in every way was better. I found confidence to change my personal life that had needed a change for years.
RIP 🙏
I feel inspired to start it tomorrow...as just back from holiday, with a half stone weight gain!

Reactions: 7
I feel inspired to start it tomorrow...as just back from holiday, with a half stone weight gain!
That won't be a fat gain of 7lbs unless you went 3500+ calories over maintenance every day of your break (if you were away for a week)

It's probably a mixture of water weight and more food in your system.

Reactions: 10
I just went to have a look at Michael Mosley's Instagram account but it's no longer there 😕 I wonder if the family have taken it down or whether Instagram themselves have removed it. Either way it seems a shame.
I don't see why Instagram would have taken it down. There are plenty of accounts on there belonging to people who died long ago. I assume the family did. But yes it does seem a shame.

Reactions: 8
I don't see why Instagram would have taken it down. There are plenty of accounts on there belonging to people who died long ago. I assume the family did. But yes it does seem a shame.
Could it just be temporarily shutdown? Perhaps so they don't have to deal with tags/messages now but might bring back when they feel able. I can understand either option tbh, such an awful time for them.

Reactions: 6
I did read yesterday that Instagram do take accounts down after the death of someone who was in the public eye.
---
Could it just be temporarily shutdown? Perhaps so they don't have to deal with tags/messages now but might bring back when they feel able. I can understand either option tbh, such an awful time for them.
Hopefully temporary but yes, I can understand why it's been taken down especially if it was the family.
---

Hopefully this link will work. This is what I read yesterday

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Sarah Harding’s Instagram page is still visible so I presume it’s family or management decision to take it down for Michael. Hopefully just temporary until things have settled down a bit publicly or they are ready to share a final memorial post for him. It would be shame to lose his content forever.

Reactions: 9
RIP 🙏
Which resources are useful please?

I just listened to his last podcast - Just One Thing. Lovely dedication by Chris Van Tullekan. The interview Michael did for the podcast was so lovely and good humoured - he had a great giggle! So sad. You really don’t know what’s around the corner

Reactions: 14
Which resources are useful please?
The books are good and give you a sound knowledge base of how to start . I would say though the original book says 50g of protein a day. Research now says 80 as a minimum.
Facebook has some good groups that are helpful and supportive.

Reactions: 7
5:2 diet

Basically two days a week, I eat 500 calories. Good food, protein etc.

5 days, I eat normal calories and be sensible with food.

That it in a nut shell?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2