Michael Mosley

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
RIP Dr Moseley ❤

We fast every night, or at least should. 12 hours is doable and important, especially for gut health. I've fasted for 3 days a few times, no issues. That photo is not strange to me. He was probably in the background of a larger candid scene and cropped out for media purposes. If not, it may well be just a candid snap taken by family or friends. Some people prefer candids to posed selfie type pictures.

Reactions: 18
I thought that but looking at the map they probably weren’t looking there as it seems to not be where they A expected him to be walking and B where the CCTV suggested he walked
View attachment 2983424
It looks like the problem was he realised he couldn’t get across the dangerous path and ended up disorientated and exposed in the rocky hills. He was approaching the Agia Marina area (7) from the north so nowhere near where he was last seen or where he needed to be. I’m not sure a fall was ultimately the problem. I think he had been lost and wandering up there for a while when he has finally spotted life and was headed towards it. Any fall was part of a collapse from heat stroke/ exhaustion.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Reporting now it was the mayor that spotted something from a boat and contacted a waiter on land who went from the marina/hotel to check it out and found the body. So not even the trained rescue team found him.

what it does show however is the effort the local mayor put into pushing this search to keep momentum, to be out involved in the search personally. Most officials would sit in an office or make sound bites for the media.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
How very sad! I hope he did fall and died instantly because the alternative doesn’t bear thinking about! If only they hadn’t placed so much emphasis on that coastal path, they may have found him sooner, although I know the heat has made the search extremely difficult!

• Sad
Reactions: 21
If those photos are genuine, it looks like he was actually on the path very near the marina, and just collapsed rather than fell from a height. The weird thing about the location is how he wasn’t spotted sooner.
Wonder if he didn't start at the place he was found. Collapsed further up the hill, then for whatever reason his body moved down the hill over night after being disturbed by something.

Reactions: 8
It’s very sad that someone who has been so much in the public eye ‘pushing’ a harmful way to health turns out not to have been a healthy chap at all. doesn‘t look good I feel for his family I hope they get some closure.
Very mean spirited thing to say at this point in time.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
If those photos are genuine, it looks like he was actually on the path very near the marina, and just collapsed rather than fell from a height. The weird thing about the location is how he wasn’t spotted sooner.
Perhaps fewer ppl out due to the heat? As this area seemed away from where they expected he'd gone, anyone around not actively looking for him so didn't notice him unfortunately. One report I've seen (awful wording so I'm not going to quote), saying he'd probably been there a few days. No doubt more details will follow/leak out, don't think I want to know any more tbh.

It's just so sad, his poor family & friends.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
If he just collapsed and was in trouble he could've been heard from that distance. My guess is a coronary

Reactions: 11
I used to follow a very overweight youtuber. She had tried every diet going without success. She then tried intermittant fasting and found it worked. She said it forced her to find other ways of coping with stress rather than snacking. She was then able to lose a lot of weight by following a normal healthy eating plan.
Yes it takes weight off I did it and it worked but also triggered IBS. It will also have other benefits, however recent studies are finding there are potential risks which people may be unaware of. People should speak to their GP before doing it, to take into account their personal health issues.

People going missing always feels strange and potentially like something nefarious has gone on but in most cases it’s a tragic accident. It’s very sad and this waiting period must feel interminable to the family and friends.

edit - just caught up, how very sad

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
If he just collapsed and was in trouble he could've been heard from that distance. My guess is a coronary
Same. I think a heart attack or another stroke.
He said he wasn't feeling well before he left so he was silly to go on the walk in the first place. I bet his poor wife feels terrible that she didn't stop him.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Same. I think a heart attack or another stroke.
He said he wasn't feeling well before he left so he was silly to go on the walk in the first place. I bet his poor wife feels terrible that she didn't stop him.
I don't understand this attitude. How can you stop another adult from doing something? She might have tried, but couldn't have stopped him if he was determined.

Reactions: 32
How am I feeling so sad over a man I didn’t even know. The story just got hold of me and I’ve been waiting on good news ever since. It’s how close he was that’s annoying me. Why wasn’t he found sooner even if he was already dead when he was first reported missing

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Just wanted to say on this quickly, I think the work Dr Mosley did around dietary advice over the years was very well researched and has helped a lot of people - he’s left behind a great legacy.

The people who jumped on one flawed study against it are probably the same people who try to say BMI is “completely meaningless”… and often they have a bit of weight issue they’re in denial about 😅
Shall we not do this now
---
Very mean spirited thing to say at this point in time.
Hardly - someone else said he is a groper! We are on tattle btw

• Heart
Reactions: 9
How am I feeling so sad over a man I didn’t even know. The story just got hold of me and I’ve been waiting on good news ever since. It’s how close he was that’s annoying me. Why wasn’t he found sooner even if he was already dead when he was first reported missing
I think there’s an element of wanting to believe he was “special” in some way and would have found a way to survive. After all, he’s a famous doctor. Surely he’d know the risks, recognise the warning signs earlier etc.

The reality is he was just human. We all make mistakes and errors of judgment and sadly for him that was fatal.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
A smart watch with fall protection could have quite possibly saved his life or at the very worst help find him quickly and not delay the agony. I haven't activated it on my Samsung watch but I'll look at doing that today.
But because he didn't take his phone he would have needed a smart watch with LTE connectivity and whilst plenty of people have smart watches a lot don't have LTE and rely on a phone for a connection so if it hadn't got that it wouldn't be able to send a fall protection message.

The fall prevention is a great tool don't get me wrong.

Reactions: 9
But because he didn't take his phone he would have needed a smart watch with LTE connectivity and whilst plenty of people have smart watches a lot don't have LTE and rely on a phone for a connection so if it hadn't got that it wouldn't be able to send a fall protection message.

The fall prevention is a great tool don't get me wrong.
Yes depending on the model you may need phone nearby and pared for it to work. Hopefully when people buy they know which one they have and if they need to carry their phone or not for the SOS to work.

Reactions: 6
It’s human to feel sad, to feel empathy. Some stories touch us when others don’t. I feel sadness at this loss - mainly the futility of it.

——————

I don’t believe he had a stroke previously. He suffered an episode of transient global amnesia which is not associated with / a risk factor for stroke.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don't understand this attitude. How can you stop another adult from doing something? She might have tried, but couldn't have stopped him if he was determined.
It's not an attitude just an observation. Of course you can't stop a grown man from going off on his own if he's determined and she might have asked him not to go. Being a doctor herself she'd know it wasn't a good plan.

Reactions: 12
Well quite. She couldn't have stopped him. Someone else made a similar comment about his wife "letting" him go off without his phone as if you can have that control over someone else. That's the attitude I was referring to. This idea that his wife could have stopped him/not let him do something.

Reactions: 23