Michael Barrymore - death in the pool

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Indeed. Sad, though, that poor Terry Lubbock is likely to pass away before any of this sees resolution. At least he will have the satisfaction of knowing that people haven't forgotten his son and his search for answers has not been given up.
I really hope the police's case is robust enough for the CPS to support a prosecution this time - and that they reach their decision quickly, I looked online and they can take 30 working days to decide, time it doesn't sound like poor Terry has got.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I guess the CPS can’t rush a case through but they must be aware that Terry doesn’t have time on his side. Let’s hope for the sake of this man he gets some kind of closure sooner rather than later.

Reactions: 11
I hope this means justice is about to be served. I really suspect that one of the people who were in the house came forward with what actually happened due to guilt. Not great evidence, since the police fucked that up at the time but definitely something they can use as leverage with the rest of the witnesses to build a case. I hope MB gets done for perverting the course of justice as well.
I hope so too. I've seen some of Barrymore's supporters on Twitter who seem to think this news somehow exonerates him completely and that he's owed an apology. They seem to ignore the fact that, even if MB didn't actively participate in Stuart's rape and murder, he has continually stated that he knows for a fact that Stuart's injuries did not occur at his house. If it is proven that someone at that party did rape and kill Stuart (and I can see no other feasible explanation) then Barrymore has done everything in his power to deflect attention away from the culprit(s) for 20 years. Why would you do that unless you knew more than you were letting on?

Reactions: 26
So much credit is due to Terry Lubbock. Once again, it takes a grieving yet tenacious family member to ensure a murder isn't forgotten. The case will surely show staggering incompetence on the part of the police so I'm sure they wouldn't have minded this one going away.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I really pray Terry can see the outcome of this case before his time comes...utterly heartbreaking 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
So much credit is due to Terry Lubbock. Once again, it takes a grieving yet tenacious family member to ensure a murder isn't forgotten. The case will surely show staggering incompetence on the part of the police so I'm sure they wouldn't have minded this one going away.
Not sure if it's really police incompetence or intentional obfuscation on the part of the suspect(s).

Or a bit of column a and a bit of column b, I suppose.

• Heart
I guess the CPS can’t rush a case through but they must be aware that Terry doesn’t have time on his side. Let’s hope for the sake of this man he gets some kind of closure sooner rather than later.
I would love for Terry to get justice but I agree, they can’t rush it through. There were so many cock ups in the initial investigation - if they went to trial and the accused person or people were acquitted, I think that would be even worse.

Last edited:
The fifty-year-old man they had been questioning will not be charged.

That is so sad to hear. I really hoped this would finally bring some justice for Stuart Lubbock and his family. It’s an impenetrable ring of silence the Police just can’t break through. I hope one day they get enough evidence to charge someone / someones for this atrocity. In the meantime, I never want to see or hear from Michael Barrymore again, what a vile man he is.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It's absolutely fucked up that the trio of Barrymore and his grotty little friends who all know who did what and exactly what happened that night, have managed to evade prosecution as perpetrators, accessories and for perverting the course of justice by removing evidence.

In the light of the latest news all I can say is that I hope bad things happen to all of them and they suffer a lot for what they did to Stuart and what they've put his family through.

Reactions: 15
I don’t blame the Police as I know they must feel really frustrated to have to release him without charge. But unless they have enough evidence, the CPS won’t let them make a charge. Clearly they have evidence, just not enough.
So unless someone else speaks out, their hands are tied. Am sure they know he’s guilty.
All these years MB has only ever thought of himself and his ( lost ) career in all this. Anyone with a conscience would have come clean years ago, he has always lied and deflected and won’t take any accountability in all this.
I really hope Stuarts Dad gets justice before he dies.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
If someone died at a party I held, I would be consumed by guilt even if it was an accident and I would probably never feel the same way about my house. If I knew that person died as a result of the actions of others, I would do all I could to help the Police and not myself.

Barrymore 100% knows what happened there yet he parades himself around trying to garner sympathy. I hope he’s haunted by what happened but sadly I don’t think he is

Reactions: 19
If someone died at a party I held, I would be consumed by guilt even if it was an accident and I would probably never feel the same way about my house. If I knew that person died as a result of the actions of others, I would do all I could to help the Police and not myself.

Barrymore 100% knows what happened there yet he parades himself around trying to garner sympathy. I hope he’s haunted by what happened but sadly I don’t think he is
No he is just mourning his loss of career and has made several attempts at making a comeback. I never liked his brand of cruel "comedy" anyway, it was a acceptable in the 90's but it wouldn't sit easily with audiences now.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
No he is just mourning his loss of career and has made several attempts at making a comeback. I never liked his brand of cruel "comedy" anyway, it was a acceptable in the 90's but it wouldn't sit easily with audiences now.
I think I moaned about this on the thread before but he was always, always trying to mount old ladies. I mean WTF?!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I really feel like if Stuart had been a woman things may have turned out differently which is horrible to say but I honestly believe that. I really hope his dad gets answers soon before he passes. I just wish someone out there would just tell the truth it’s been over 20 years now I feel like the people at the party have or know things about the other which is stopping them from coming forward.

Plus MB’s ex must know something about him if he is the guilty one for MB not to tell the truth, because they’re not together anymore?

Reactions: 7

He is only haunted by that day because it ended his career. That is the only regret he has on what happened that night.

There would have been about twenty times as much outrage if there had been a female victim instead.
I agree, but they still don’t have enough evidence to charge anyone, that is the real issue now. Unless someone speaks out, or new evidence comes to light, their hands are tied.
The police won’t let this rest, and desperately want justice for Stuart. This irritates MB every time, as ( in his mind ) he is the victim in all this, and they won’t let it go and leave him in peace. I really hoped this recent arrest would be the one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7