Mia Jeal #3 Nails, horse riding and Wicca too, whilst Mabel’s still in her jumperoo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can seriously tell there’s a bunch of 15 year olds on here that don’t even have children but seem to be midwives, health visitors, doctors, weaning experts and now fashion designers 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I don’t let my son sleep in my bed as I wouldn’t forgive myself if something was to happen. He’s happy enough in his bedside crib anyway ☺
In that picture of Mia asleep in bed with Mabel, her head is on the pillow which is so dangerous for their neck and spine - hence why pillows aren’t recommended for babies under 1! As said before, Mia has said she’s a heavy sleeper so definitely shouldn’t be in bed with Mabel like that 😠
Also when Mabel was younger, didn’t Mia also say that she put the Moses basket on her bed at nighttime - surely that’s really dangerous too?
It’s very dangerous I had a horrible c section a lot worse then mia’s and after that I had numerous amount of infections in the wound but I still every night/ day got out of bed to see to my daughters needs even though the agony was excruciating I still did it because I wouldn’t dream of putting my daughter in danger! Mia is just a very lazy mum and she’d rather put Mabel in danger then sleep safely which is just so clear with things she does tbh I don’t wanna say this but I’m surprise nothing awful has happened to poor Mabel

Reactions: 4
You can seriously tell there’s a bunch of 15 year olds on here that don’t even have children but seem to be midwives, health visitors, doctors, weaning experts and now fashion designers 🤦‍♀️
Because some are educated enough to know that co-sleeping isn’t any more dangerous than being in a cot and that we think the dress she wore was ugly. How am I going to break the news to my son in the morning that he doesn’t exist 😂

It’s very dangerous I had a horrible c section a lot worse then mia’s and after that I had numerous amount of infections in the wound but I still every night/ day got out of bed to see to my daughters needs even though the agony was excruciating I still did it because I wouldn’t dream of putting my daughter in danger! Mia is just a very lazy mum and she’d rather put Mabel in danger then sleep safely which is just so clear with things she does tbh I don’t wanna say this but I’m surprise nothing awful has happened to poor Mabel
Sorry to break it to you but if you were safe and sensible with co-sleeping you could of saved a lot of excruciating trips as co-sleeping isn’t dangerous done safely! Each to their own but claims like it putting a baby in danger and that you’re surprised nothing awful has happened to Mabel because of co-sleeping is more dangerous and false than the act itself 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
On here and not 15, have a son and don’t claim to be any of the above, I just use common sense 🙋🏼‍♀️🤣 If you’re confident in your choices I don’t see the need to get defensive. Crack on and do it, no need to degrade people in the process 🤷🏼‍♀️ And sorry but more people are saying they disagree /are afraid of the co sleeping thing than agreeing, they can’t all be 15 and childless 🤣

Don’t even mean this to sound bitchy but that dress is truly awful.
Agree it makes her look middle aged 🙈

And to all the people who will never co-sleep because it’s so dangerous and you want the best for your baby.. hope you all breastfeed then 😂 enough said!

• Angry
  • Heart
I’m sorry but opinions like that Are really not needed, yes you may not like it but your not the one wearing it. Mia likes the dress so why try and put her down over the way she dresses.
I mean you’re allowed to not like a dress it’s not personal 🙄 she said herself she wanted to dress like a mum.

Then why is anyone posting on here 😂 you may not like the way she parents or that she deletes hate comments but you’re not the one who has to watch her videos so why try and put her down by posting on here.. we come to give our opinions and my opinion was that the dress was hideous 🤷‍♀️
But this thread isn’t for spreading hate, it’s to give constructive criticism which is fine. Literally no need in being nasty at all. No one should be judged for wearing a dress that they like. We clearly are not going to agree so just leave it

Reactions: 1
I actually quite like the dress 😳
I don’t really like or dislike it, just thought it was funny how quick she’s obviously started changing her wardrobe now like she said!

I actually think most people on here are older. We seem to be the ones who are actual parents, who have experience/studied more. Most are here because Mia deleted their comments - the 15 year olds are the one saying she’s a good mum 8 times a day no matter what 😂

But this thread isn’t for spreading hate, it’s to give constructive criticism which is fine. Literally no need in being nasty at all. No one should be judged for wearing a dress that they like. We clearly are not going to agree so just leave it
This thread is to comment whatever you want (within the rules obvs) they specifically ask you not to say what people can and can’t write..

I don’t really like or dislike it, just thought it was funny how quick she’s obviously started changing her wardrobe now like she said!

I actually think most people on here are older. We seem to be the ones who are actual parents, who have experience/studied more. Most are here because Mia deleted their comments - the 15 year olds are the one saying she’s a good mum 8 times a day no matter what 😂

This thread is to comment whatever you want (within the rules obvs) they specifically ask you not to say what people can and can’t write..
Not told anyone what they can or can’t post I just said there’s no need in being nasty

I did say some people wouldn’t agree with me but having known someone who rolled over and squashed part of their own child’s organs by accident nothing will change my mind.

the only way co sleeping is done safely is if you have a pillow at the end of the bed so the baby doesn’t roll out and a pillow in between you and your child which takes up a lot of space in bed. Some medication that makes you drowsy isn’t a choice to not be taken, some people need that medication to be healthy. There are also things like cold and flu medications and even hayfever medicine that makes you drowsy. I think if you’re a deep sleeper and haven’t had a good nights sleep in a while when your baby is sleeping well you might be in a deep sleep, for me I just wouldn’t risk any of that when they can sleep next to your bed (in a Moses basket or a next to me crib).

As for the sleeping next to you is safer when breastfeeding I’m not sure how long ago you had your child but I had mine 9 months ago and one of my nieces is 4 years old. We’ve always been told by the midwives and nurses how dangerous co sleeping is and they even do a questionnaire to check the baby is safe before you leave the hospital. The midwife advises you to sit in a chair that is upright when breastfeeding, they tell you not to feed your child in bed, I made sure I had a chair I could sit in when breastfeeding my daughter. The only way someone would have a sofa in their bedroom is if it was really big, so if you have one lucky you!!

I would love to have my baby sleep in my bed with me but that would only lead to troubles as they get older. Babies seem to like routines and if they grow up in your bed they will never want to leave!

stay safe.
💯 health visitors told us the same and I remember numerous posters in my post natal ward in the hospital saying the same (things like NEVER let baby sleep in your bed / safest place is on his back at bottom of the cot with blanket tucked in etc). And I get that “it’s only unsafe if you’re extremely tired” newsflash- all new mums are extremely tired 🤣 and if you aren’t then something’s wrong lol. Dunno why they’d put that marketing campaign out there if co sleeping is extremely safe.. I think it’s more accurate to say they’ve accepted that people are going to do it anyway so they might as well give advice on making it the safest way possible, but it’s not recommended

• Heart
i don’t know if anyone had mentioned it yet as i’ve just skipped past all of that last bit as i couldn’t care less what mia wears and people’s opinion on it🤷🏼‍♀️ but has anyone else noticed the fact that in mias mums instagram bio it says Mabel-Mai instead of Mabel-Ocean?😂😂 i feel as if her mum and doesn’t like the fact that mia wants to change her name and that her idea on changing it legally will hopefully pass

• Haha
Reactions: 11
i don’t know if anyone had mentioned it yet as i’ve just skipped past all of that last bit as i couldn’t care less what mia wears and people’s opinion on it🤷🏼‍♀️ but has anyone else noticed the fact that in mias mums instagram bio it says Mabel-Mai instead of Mabel-Ocean?😂😂 i feel as if her mum and doesn’t like the fact that mia wants to change her name and that her idea on changing it legally will hopefully pass
Mias said awhile back that her mam doesn’t like that she added ocean

Reactions: 3
I did say some people wouldn’t agree with me but having known someone who rolled over and squashed part of their own child’s organs by accident nothing will change my mind.

the only way co sleeping is done safely is if you have a pillow at the end of the bed so the baby doesn’t roll out and a pillow in between you and your child which takes up a lot of space in bed. Some medication that makes you drowsy isn’t a choice to not be taken, some people need that medication to be healthy. There are also things like cold and flu medications and even hayfever medicine that makes you drowsy. I think if you’re a deep sleeper and haven’t had a good nights sleep in a while when your baby is sleeping well you might be in a deep sleep, for me I just wouldn’t risk any of that when they can sleep next to your bed (in a Moses basket or a next to me crib).

As for the sleeping next to you is safer when breastfeeding I’m not sure how long ago you had your child but I had mine 9 months ago and one of my nieces is 4 years old. We’ve always been told by the midwives and nurses how dangerous co sleeping is and they even do a questionnaire to check the baby is safe before you leave the hospital. The midwife advises you to sit in a chair that is upright when breastfeeding, they tell you not to feed your child in bed, I made sure I had a chair I could sit in when breastfeeding my daughter. The only way someone would have a sofa in their bedroom is if it was really big, so if you have one lucky you!!

I would love to have my baby sleep in my bed with me but that would only lead to troubles as they get older. Babies seem to like routines and if they grow up in your bed they will never want to leave!

stay safe.
Co sleeping is definitely not safe with a pillow between you and baby as baby can roll into the pillow therefore restricting their breathing. If done correctly there is absolutely nothing wrong with co sleeping :)

Attachments

Hi Mia, I do have a child. And that is incorrect lmao, my midwife, doctor & health visitor taught me the safest way to either cosleep or use a cot. And yeah they say the same room for that, that’s why it’s even better when you cosleep. Both come with different but very dangerous risks, sounds like you aren’t aware of them and should do some research :/ that’s incorrect too, you need to look at scientific reach because it massively supports cosleeping if done correctly. You sound like the type of person who has bumpers, below the window with blinds then you’ll say “CoSlEePiNg Is SoO dAnGeRoUs OmG!!!!” And judge other mums when you’re clearly uneducated yourself 😂😂 peopleshould do what works for them, both options are great if done correctly & dangerous if not done correctly. Sorry you can’t delete this Mia, I know that sucks for you x
I’m not sure why you’ve gone defensive and started attacking me? You are allowed to have a different opinion to other people. If you read my original message I wrote a long lists of dislikes I have against mia. Co sleeping was a very small one but I still mentioned that people might not agree with me but I don’t like the thought of co sleeping because of the risks. Mia co sleeps with Mabel which is why I mentioned co sleeping and I said why I was against it so I’m not sure how me going against Mia is me being Mia? 🤔

I have a link here:
https://raisingchildren.net.au/newborns/sleep/where-your-baby-sleeps/co-sleeping
It has the main points on the first page so you won’t need to read the whole thing (unless you want to).

everything with a baby has risks, the temperature for babies can be dangerous, the clothes you put them in, the covers you use, the food you feed them, the temperature of their bottles etc... I’ve read many things online which is why I’ve chosen to put my daughter in a cot with nothing but her dummy and sleeping bag.

I don’t need to judge other mums and the way they do things. This website is for constructive criticism and that’s exactly what I was giving Mia. She doesn’t need to take my advice but when I write it on her YouTube it gets delete which is why I’ve put it on this site instead.

Have a nice day :)

I’m a health visitor and midwife. Sorry that I’ve said that several times I don’t want to pull a Mia ahaha I just only really comment when we have debates like this because I’ve learnt all this obviously. But it’s really annoying when you see comments like this where people say that co sleeping is the worst thing and so dangerous and shouldn’t be done. Because it’s not true. It can be done safely and should be encouraged to do safely. Because in reality most parents end up cosleeping because it’s the only thing that works for baby (a mother getting no sleep is far more dangerous than bed sharing) and it’s important to teach that it is affective and done safely because otherwise people just do it or do it wrong like putting the Moses basket on the bed like someone said before. Of course we recommend cots the most because there’s a lot more dangerous factors in cosleeping such as if you’ve drank or taken medication because people keep that kind of thing secret from health visitors so it’s safer to say cots. But I’ve known many many cases of injuries and deaths from cots. I even had a case about 4 years ago of a newborn who died from getting caught on the bars & another where they suffocated because the parents put pillows like a bumper. No way is safer as the other it isn’t so black and white. Both are dangerous because babies are fragile but it’s silly to assume everyone can use cots and not co sleep because that’s not the reality. We recommend a cot because it’s safer generally, I bet if we had the resources to look at each case more specifically we’d recommend cosleeping much more. But you are spreading a lot of false information here. That pillow technique isn’t safe at all. You need to stop thinking you are so much better than everyone when you aren’t. You’re as bad as Mia.
I’m not giving out false information I’m writing what I’ve been told but multiple midwives and doctors, of course they may be wrong 🤷‍♀️ I’m not saying that co sleeping is the worst thing to do with your child and I’m not saying the cot is the best thing to use. I gave my opinion and mentioned several times that people won’t agree. It’s not a debate or argument. I’ll do what I know best and others can do what’s best for their child. It seems like on this website people are just picking and choosing on the smallest things to hate each other and start an argument with. This tag is about MIA not me and my daughter which is why I commented on what Mia has done with Mabel, not what everyone else should do with their child.

Last edited:
If you want to keep having a row about co-sleeping, breastfeeding or which one of you is a mum/health visitor/midwife/NHS chief exec then duck off to mumsnet.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Anybody else check back in to this page every now and then... realise we are still arguing over co sleeping and just leave again?😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.