Mia Jeal #3 Nails, horse riding and Wicca too, whilst Mabel’s still in her jumperoo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did say some people wouldn’t agree with me but having known someone who rolled over and squashed part of their own child’s organs by accident nothing will change my mind.

the only way co sleeping is done safely is if you have a pillow at the end of the bed so the baby doesn’t roll out and a pillow in between you and your child which takes up a lot of space in bed. Some medication that makes you drowsy isn’t a choice to not be taken, some people need that medication to be healthy. There are also things like cold and flu medications and even hayfever medicine that makes you drowsy. I think if you’re a deep sleeper and haven’t had a good nights sleep in a while when your baby is sleeping well you might be in a deep sleep, for me I just wouldn’t risk any of that when they can sleep next to your bed (in a Moses basket or a next to me crib).

As for the sleeping next to you is safer when breastfeeding I’m not sure how long ago you had your child but I had mine 9 months ago and one of my nieces is 4 years old. We’ve always been told by the midwives and nurses how dangerous co sleeping is and they even do a questionnaire to check the baby is safe before you leave the hospital. The midwife advises you to sit in a chair that is upright when breastfeeding, they tell you not to feed your child in bed, I made sure I had a chair I could sit in when breastfeeding my daughter. The only way someone would have a sofa in their bedroom is if it was really big, so if you have one lucky you!!

I would love to have my baby sleep in my bed with me but that would only lead to troubles as they get older. Babies seem to like routines and if they grow up in your bed they will never want to leave!

stay safe.
I’m a health visitor and midwife. Sorry that I’ve said that several times I don’t want to pull a Mia ahaha I just only really comment when we have debates like this because I’ve learnt all this obviously. But it’s really annoying when you see comments like this where people say that co sleeping is the worst thing and so dangerous and shouldn’t be done. Because it’s not true. It can be done safely and should be encouraged to do safely. Because in reality most parents end up cosleeping because it’s the only thing that works for baby (a mother getting no sleep is far more dangerous than bed sharing) and it’s important to teach that it is affective and done safely because otherwise people just do it or do it wrong like putting the Moses basket on the bed like someone said before. Of course we recommend cots the most because there’s a lot more dangerous factors in cosleeping such as if you’ve drank or taken medication because people keep that kind of thing secret from health visitors so it’s safer to say cots. But I’ve known many many cases of injuries and deaths from cots. I even had a case about 4 years ago of a newborn who died from getting caught on the bars & another where they suffocated because the parents put pillows like a bumper. No way is safer as the other it isn’t so black and white. Both are dangerous because babies are fragile but it’s silly to assume everyone can use cots and not co sleep because that’s not the reality. We recommend a cot because it’s safer generally, I bet if we had the resources to look at each case more specifically we’d recommend cosleeping much more. But you are spreading a lot of false information here. That pillow technique isn’t safe at all. You need to stop thinking you are so much better than everyone when you aren’t. You’re as bad as Mia.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m a health visitor and midwife. Sorry that I’ve said that several times I don’t want to pull a Mia ahaha I just only really comment when we have debates like this because I’ve learnt all this obviously. But it’s really annoying when you see comments like this where people say that co sleeping is the worst thing and so dangerous and shouldn’t be done. Because it’s not true. It can be done safely and should be encouraged to do safely. Because in reality most parents end up cosleeping because it’s the only thing that works for baby (a mother getting no sleep is far more dangerous than bed sharing) and it’s important to teach that it is affective and done safely because otherwise people just do it or do it wrong like putting the Moses basket on the bed like someone said before. Of course we recommend cots the most because there’s a lot more dangerous factors in cosleeping such as if you’ve drank or taken medication because people keep that kind of thing secret from health visitors so it’s safer to say cots. But I’ve known many many cases of injuries and deaths from cots. I even had a case about 4 years ago of a newborn who died from getting caught on the bars & another where they suffocated because the parents put pillows like a bumper. No way is safer as the other it isn’t so black and white. Both are dangerous because babies are fragile but it’s silly to assume everyone can use cots and not co sleep because that’s not the reality. We recommend a cot because it’s safer generally, I bet if we had the resources to look at each case more specifically we’d recommend cosleeping much more. But you are spreading a lot of false information here. That pillow technique isn’t safe at all. You need to stop thinking you are so much better than everyone when you aren’t. You’re as bad as Mia.
Calm down, I said it was my opinion. What pillow technique? I said cot was safest, as you did concede. Also don’t believe you’re a midwife and Health visitor, you’re just a mum who co-sleeps 🤣 no decent HV/midwife would come out with that guff sorry 😐

Reactions: 3
Calm down, I said it was my opinion. What pillow technique? I said cot was safest, as you did concede. Also don’t believe you’re a midwife and Health visitor, you’re just a mum who co-sleeps 🤣 no decent HV/midwife would come out with that guff sorry 😐
Someone can’t take true criticism.. sounds like a certain Jeal 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Someone can’t take true criticism.. sounds like a certain Jeal 🤣
I have no problem with criticism, but I didn’t understand what pillow technique being referred to? And just saying I don’t believe the credentials being talked about that’s all 🤷🏼‍♀️ Also a bit petty to say someone is “as bad as Mia” because they give an opinion 🤣 just leaving these here for anybody that wants to read up on safety etc.. I’m fine with people disagreeing with me if a baby is put to sleep safer ❤

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I have no problem with criticism, but I didn’t understand what pillow technique being referred to? And just saying I don’t believe the credentials being talked about that’s all 🤷🏼‍♀️ Also a bit petty to say someone is “as bad as Mia” because they give an opinion 🤣 just leaving these here for anybody that wants to read up on safety etc.. I’m fine with people disagreeing with me if a baby is put to sleep safer ❤
You said that people have to put pillows to stop the baby from falling out the bed.. untrue and extremely dangerous.

Reactions: 2
She didn’t quote you 🤦🏽‍♀️ I already said my health visitor told me how to do it safely lmao. She came out with facts* You lot really have to be better at learning new things & accepting when you’re wrong instead of getting defensive & mad. 😂 You didn’t even read what she said, she said they say cot is safest because people aren’t honest when they drink/take medication. Don’t be like Mia and twist it to go your way - doesn’t work on a public forum 😂

Lauren (Mia) said the only safe way was to surround with pillows. It sounded to me like she meant she was as bad as Mia for thinking she knows what’s best & better than everyone else, not because she disagreed. Right you care about safety while ignoring actual facts 😂 makes sense.. p.s well done on the bias screenshots - the lullaby trust encourage cosleeping safely actually 😉

Mabels yawning in her snapchat so why isn’t she just being put to bed Instead

Reactions: 5
The lullaby trust also encourage safe co-sleeping. I also had a HV that told me to do what works for me and told me techniques on safe co sleeping because I was sleep deprived and exhausted and it was the only way we would get any sleep was to co sleep right at the beginning.. an exhausted mother is far more dangerous than co sleeping. Everyone’s situations, babies and living spaces are different. I’ve known 3 SIDS deaths personally and they’ve all been in cots. There are dangers to all sleeping arrangements. Just let someone who cosleeps , cosleep. Stop trying to make people feel bad for what they’ve chosen to do with their own children.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don’t want to say she’s just doing it for sympathy and attention because we obviously don’t know that but I think instead of just putting on her social media that’s she upset she really needs to talk to someone instead because what she doing is not going to help her but then again she has said that she finds it hard to talk to people about how she’s feeling

Yeh of course we don’t know much but I definitely think she needs to talk to people even if it’s just family. A pet means a lot to everyone. Like wheb a family member or pet dies my family usually sit down and have a chat about the happy times and how we feel. Maybe that’s just my family and maybe it depends how close you are

Don’t even mean this to sound bitchy but that dress is truly awful.
I’m sorry but opinions like that Are really not needed, yes you may not like it but your not the one wearing it. Mia likes the dress so why try and put her down over the way she dresses.

Last edited:
I’m sorry but opinions like that Are really not needed, yes you may not like it but your not the one wearing it. Mia likes the dress so why put her down over the way she dresses.
i mean is that really putting her down though? Putting her down would be ‘ooh she looks fat in that’

...it’s just a fugly dress though innit x

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Sorry but it really annoyed me how Mia reacted when Beth was talking about her relationship with her dad. She sat there with a face like a slapped arse

Reactions: 12
i mean is that really putting her down though? Putting her down would be ‘ooh she looks fat in that’

...it’s just a fugly dress though innit x
But the way she dresses really shouldn’t bother anyone? Everyone should be able to dress how they like without people judging them. I just think it’s nasty

I’m sorry but opinions like that Are really not needed, yes you may not like it but your not the one wearing it. Mia likes the dress so why try and put her down over the way she dresses.
Then why is anyone posting on here 😂 you may not like the way she parents or that she deletes hate comments but you’re not the one who has to watch her videos so why try and put her down by posting on here.. we come to give our opinions and my opinion was that the dress was hideous 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.