Meteorology moaning - aka the weather, let’s moan about the heat 🥵🔥☀️🔥

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Phew, finally cooling down but the house is like a bloody sauna, we don't have air con, we just open a window.

Reactions: 5
This is it where I am so it'll be a little cooler with the clouds but still too much for my liking

View attachment 667438

I don't know how people cope in countries where it's 30/35 degrees for months on end.
Southeast europe, 30~ is more or less normal for the summer, even if it's a bit too much for me. But whenever I've experienced 28-30+ degrees in the UK (guessing you're in the UK), it felt so much more opressive than it does here with the same forecast, I have no idea why! Maybe it's the humidity up there. I honestly felt like my face was melting off, you have my sympathy for that lol. Dry heat is definitely a lot more bearable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Phew, finally cooling down but the house is like a bloody sauna, we don't have air con, we just open a window.
we bought a mobile air con unit a couple of years ago. It’s well worth the money. The windows being open has done nothing for me today, but tbh I don’t cope well with heat

My hormones are off and I'm having hot flashes.

I mean they are a bleeping nightmare at any time but in this heat....

Seriously just shoot me now

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
we bought a mobile air con unit a couple of years ago. It’s well worth the money. The windows being open has done nothing for me today, but tbh I don’t cope well with heat
I can deal with the heat up to a point, I have to admit I could do with a fan in my room.

Reactions: 2
I am in a premier inn tonight going to a wedding tomorrow. Two kids and husband one room with no air con and just one fan. I don't think I am going to get much sleep tonight. I hate humid hot weather.

This is it where I am so it'll be a little cooler with the clouds but still too much for my liking

View attachment 667438

I don't know how people cope in countries where it's 30/35 degrees for months on end.
I think we live in the same city. Today was marvelous! Clear blue sky!

I used to dislike summer and preferred spring, but these days spring doesn't exist anymore. It's just an extension of winter, so I've started to like summer a lot more. I wish I could live somewhere where it's sunny and warm all the time. I don't like winter and autumn is simply the most depressing season. There is a feeling of optimism during summer that doesn't exist in the winter/autumn. I'm always surprised when people say they prefer rainy and cloudy days over sun and blue sky!

I think we live in the same city. Today was marvelous! Clear blue sky!

I used to dislike summer and preferred spring, but these days spring doesn't exist anymore. It's just an extension of winter, so I've started to like summer a lot more. I wish I could live somewhere where it's sunny and warm all the time. I don't like winter and autumn is simply the most depressing season. There is a feeling of optimism during summer that doesn't exist in the winter/autumn. I'm always surprised when people say they prefer rainy and cloudy days over sun and blue sky!
Ah, I'm the opposite of you for weather - I love it to be dark when I wake up and dark when I finish work, constant sunshine just gets me down for some reason, even if it's sunny and cooler.

Reactions: 6
I love this weather, I live for the summer and the sun ☀🌅 I’m originally from Cyprus so used to even hotter - temperatures in the late 30’s and even hitting 40C. The difference abroad is you’re never too far away from a swimming pool or the beach 🌊🏖 to cool off. In the UK the heat is different and temperatures in the 20’s tend to feel a lot hotter. 🥵

I think I wrote on this thread last month saying my arms got burnt… well today I got extra burnt on top of that existing burn 🙈 I swear factor 50 might as well be milk on my skin as it does f all 🤣

• Wow
Ah hello fellow melties. I have a fear of open windows at night because a)mice can climb b)creepy crawlies c)maniacs :(
Has anyone tried the cold wet sheets trick?

Hate it, can it please rain asap 🙏 28 today, same tomorrow. It's still like a bloody sauna still with fan on and window open anyway.

I’m fat and ginger so this weather is a no from me.
If I’m on holiday with nothing to do but lounge on a beach or round the pool it’s fine because I can jump in and cool off.
But when I’m working and cooking/cleaning etc I just can’t be arsed with it.
My dog is too hot as well. What’s with all the dickheads walking them in the afternoon when it’s boiling?

Reactions: 5
It was too hot when I took the dog out this morning at 8:30 so booked my toddler into soft play this afternoon so I can go sit in an air conditioned room.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.