Mere Soeur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to genuinely like her but some things she does confuse and irritate me. She overshares everything, especially her child, and complains she has no money but gets deliveroo and Ubers. She’s listed her occupation as ‘influencer’on companies house. I thought she was a designer?

Reactions: 7
I met her once at a photo shoot and she was really nice and down to earth. Fair play to her she bet on herself with a small amount of cash to set up her own business and has done really well. Whether you like her drawings and designs or not, you've got to admit she is good at promoting them and side note I think she's stunning too. Must be so hard doing all that while being a single mum and living miles away from her son's dad (I know they have now moved back to London so they can be close when her son goes to school). I think she does overshare stuff and her son features a lot but I can't take away from her what she's achieved business-wise in a short space of time to build a life for her and her son.

Reactions: 10
I met her once at a photo shoot and she was really nice and down to earth. Fair play to her she bet on herself with a small amount of cash to set up her own business and has done really well. Whether you like her drawings and designs or not, you've got to admit she is good at promoting them and side note I think she's stunning too. Must be so hard doing all that while being a single mum and living miles away from her son's dad (I know they have now moved back to London so they can be close when her son goes to school). I think she does overshare stuff and her son features a lot but I can't take away from her what she's achieved business-wise in a short space of time to build a life for her and her son.
I agree that she’s done amazingly well, and in such a short time. That’s what I’ve liked the most about her- Especially as a single mum. This whole influencer thing though is just out of control 😏

Reactions: 2
I do find she’s incredibly lax in disclosure - none of her stories from her recent jolly to Canada were flagged up, and I doubt she paid for her Bestival tickets

Reactions: 1
No ads tagged in all of this surf girl promo where she’s got loads of freebies and tagged brands in her stories the past two days either. She seems nice but it drives me mad.

I do find she’s incredibly lax in disclosure - none of her stories from her recent jolly to Canada were flagged up, and I doubt she paid for her Bestival tickets
This is my biggest gripe with her. And she’s often on the beg for something. Once you start to notice grammars doing it it becomes so easy to spot 🙄

No ads tagged in all of this surf girl promo where she’s got loads of freebies and tagged brands in her stories the past two days either. She seems nice but it drives me mad.
I know 😒 I feel bad for being critical of her as a single mum, but she has sold out a bit- that M&S minis thing was ridiculous and her replies completely sidestepped any responsibility.

She bags on about her biz making 100k but then also sells clothes she’s been #gifted on her yard sale account 😏

Reactions: 3
I really find the “Oh, I’m so helpless and clueless, I don’t know what I’m doing teehee” vibe incredibly grating. Getting your kid ready for school isn’t rocket science, you don’t need a cutesy guide from a brand to tell you what to do. You’ve built a six figure brand from nothing, you’re an intelligent and capable woman, and you don’t need to cultivate this persona which suggests otherwise.

Reactions: 6
I really find the “Oh, I’m so helpless and clueless, I don’t know what I’m doing teehee” vibe incredibly grating. Getting your kid ready for school isn’t rocket science, you don’t need a cutesy guide from a brand to tell you what to do. You’ve built a six figure brand from nothing, you’re an intelligent and capable woman, and you don’t need to cultivate this persona which suggests otherwise.
She’s much better when she’s confident and strong! But I think this is all for show as she’s mainly doing ad after ad now. I expect to see a lot less of her own brand work and more repping of others- undisclosed of course 🤭

I know being a single parent is hard work, but she does have some help and she also chose to keep her son out of nursery. I think I remember though a while back he did go part time when she was up north? She’s in a much better position than most single mums. She isn’t working a minimum wage job worrying about putting food on the table and keeping the electricity on.

She has a very active social life, gets given loads of stuff for herself and son, gets Uber’s everywhere and has deliveroo regularly. Plus sponsored trips abroad. That’s not the life of most single mums.

I’m tired of the whole ‘I’m a single mum and life is hard’ from women who have the privilege of working for themselves and can afford a better than average lifestyle. It’s so disingenuous. Cult of youth is similar- although not an ‘influencer’ to my knowledge.

I think it’s all packaged so that we feel sorry for them and end up buying their goods 😉

Reactions: 7
I am quite fascinated by how she manages to fund her lifestyle. She must have to sell a lot of stuff???

• Haha
I unfollowed when she started to brag about how much money she’s making, and shock horror once lived in a council house as if it’s the worst thing in the world.

Kick in the teeth for single parents who actually are struggling if you ask me. Especially with her countless (undisclosed) gifted hollibobs

Good for her for getting where she is, but stop with your USP of “struggling single parent”

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I know her brother really well, he used to do all of her designs for her when she first started, he got no credit and she basically took his designs and now doesn’t really talk to him I find it hard to get past that when i see her and people talk about how well she’s done when a lot is down to her brother. He told me he wishes he trademarked the designs because he didn’t realise she’d become so snobby about it

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I am quite fascinated by how she manages to fund her lifestyle. She must have to sell a lot of stuff???
Yes, but she’s also an influencer now 😉 she’s very lapse with disclosing #ads etc. Will be interested to see what accounts she files 🤔

I unfollowed when she started to brag about how much money she’s making, and shock horror once lived in a council house as if it’s the worst thing in the world.

Kick in the teeth for single parents who actually are struggling if you ask me. Especially with her countless (undisclosed) gifted hollibobs

Good for her for getting where she is, but stop with your USP of “struggling single parent”
I’m genuinely happy for her for what she’s achieved for her and her son. Just wish she was more open about #ads and own her choices a little more. She’s definitely a lucky single parent with all she has and can do.

I know her brother really well, he used to do all of her designs for her when she first started, he got no credit and she basically took his designs and now doesn’t really talk to him I find it hard to get past that when i see her and people talk about how well she’s done when a lot is down to her brother. He told me he wishes he trademarked the designs because he didn’t realise she’d become so snobby about it
Ok. So I wasn’t expecting that! 😲

I just thought she was a creative person who decided to give it a go 😏 also, I don’t thing I’ve ever seen her mention siblings and I’ve been following her for years! 🤭

It’s ok for businesses to outsource stuff. Victoria Beckham doesn’t draw her own designs. But she also doesn’t claim to, so... 😂

Think I like her a bit less now 😒

Last edited:
So her constant begging, I’m mean asking for opinions 🤭 about curtains and complaints of not having a sofa have paid off 🙄

Made have come to the rescue 🙏🏼

So distasteful. But I guess if everyone is doing why not 😏

She did tag #ad though finally 👏🏼

• Haha
I always thought she did her own designs. Not a huge fan of her drawing style as that's my personal preference but I always thought she did it all herself.

She just posted a photo of what I'm guessing is a new boyfriend and someone commented this...

Just what everyone wants to hear about their new partner :unsure:😁

• Haha
Interesting thread... did not know about her brother 😳

She’s deffo been reading here, what annoys me is how defensive influencers get when they see these threads on tattle and how all the comments on the post say how we’re jealous/haters/women should empower women 🙄
I’m pretty sure most of us aren’t any of those things, it’s more the fact she will happily use her kid on the internet do ads (I hate seeing kids all over ig - honestly can’t believe parents think it’s ok to do this)

Also with the M&S stupid plastic food ad she did, as soon as people started calling out the influencers who did the Ad her mate Remi started saying it wasn’t important and people should concentrate on black women and how they are more at risk during childbirth. Completely agree it’s an important issue but made it seem like you can only focus on one issue - actually I give a tit about both!

Quite long winded sorry. But I do think most influencers secretly love to find a tattle thread on themselves. Means they can do a post about it, gets lots of engagement and sympathy and then they have something in common with the big influencers too - I see MOD has commented on the recent post already...

The thing is, I don't care about influencers etc doing ads. If it's a couple here and there, fine, get your money. If they're all the time and it's annoying, I'll probably unfollow 🤷🏻‍♀️ but who cares anyway.

I care that they're labelled correctly and we know outright we're being sold to. And that goes for all items and holidays received for free or payment.

Follow the rules and then who's going to get annoyed?

I’m genuinely baffled by this? How can she make so much £s selling T-shirt’s & tote bags??? Who buys this stuff anymore? Why does she move ALL the time ? I’d love to know

The issue isn’t with her advertising stuff, it’s the fact she doesn’t declare most of it properly which is the irritating thing.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.