Mere Soeur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That says you're logged out though? Maybe she's made it private to anyone who doesn't already follow her?
I don’t follow her. If you’re following her, then of course it won’t be private for you.

Reactions: 2
Sorry for some reason I thought you followed her. 🤣 Mystery solved then!

I’m not normally dim. It’s peeing rain here today and all three of my kids have been taking it in turn to throw tantrums!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I followed Carrie for ages and even have some of her merch from a Few years ago. She just started to grate on me with the ‘woe is me but I get so much gifted so don’t have a pop at me’ attitude when all is mere mortals should buy her tit.
Am intrigued what happened with her and Remi tho, I thought they were pretty tight!

Ask her why she and Remmie are not friends any more 👍🏼
They're still following each other, Carrie liked Remi's post from 2 days ago. They've said before that people always think they've fallen out because they don't actually talk much on insta.

So, new account with 4 posts all on this thread, do you actually have any tea or you just stirring?

Is she seeing that musician geezer Sam or what? Is he moving with her to Marrrrrgate?.

Reactions: 1
I like Carrie and hope her move goes well for her and Riv. My only gripes with her is that she’s another one who’s monetised her sons childhood and plastered his face ALL over the internet and has been really snarky when called out for not declaring #ads. She also over shares her life then gets annoyed when people question things 😂 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
An ex employee of theirs suffered racist abuse at the hands of a guy who works there, he called her a slave etc. He told her he could send her back to where she came from, used to intimidatingly corner her and racially abuse her.

Instead of dealing with it in the right way and firing him, the owners decided promote him to a manager because he’s their mate!!!

It gets worse, they had photos of nazi symbols on their actual Facebook page!!! co-owner tattoos on people and has tattoos of nazi symbols himself, posted artwork of gollywogs and posts of a nazi book that was quickly taken of the market and now very hard to get hold of unless you really want it i guess or are in with the people who have the same interests and beliefs i expect.

the co-owner happens to be the owners husband which not many people seem to realise.

They have taken their Facebook page down, her co-owner husband has deleted his Instagram and the racist employees ex-girlfriend has called him out on Instagram for being a massive piece of tit.
I live near here and have followed what Temple did on Insta. What is their connection to Carrie?

Massively missing the point. People aren’t ‘triggered’ by the word gifted because they’re jelus hunz, people hate the word ‘gifted’ because it’s a euphemism for ad. It’s cold, hard selling, and people are very tired of having their intelligence insulted by a bunch of disingenuous Instagram shillers.

28FA40E9-1DB1-4354-B120-232D4DD87DDE.png
35CD70C3-FB9C-4E68-9A63-DF3D69172ABF.png
DF91D08A-0828-4F4D-86DF-BFA2D2372C6F.png
A7CB8297-C239-4C6E-828D-37C9C78065ED.png

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Massively missing the point. People aren’t ‘triggered’ by the word gifted because they’re jelus hunz, people hate the word ‘gifted’ because it’s a euphemism for ad. It’s cold, hard selling, and people are very tired of having their intelligence insulted by a bunch of disingenuous Instagram shillers.

View attachment 163131View attachment 163132View attachment 163133View attachment 163135
You’ve summed it up so much better than I did 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Her whole attitude to #ad #gifted was really annoying for a while. Like she was above it but also couldn’t see why people didn’t like the sneaky sales techniques. She does seem like she’s grown up a bit now as she does mark things, maybe not all tho 🤷🏼‍♀️ I wish her well, but I also want her to be professional in her job. That doesn’t make me jealous at all, just showing respect for your followers IMO.

Reactions: 8
I hate that she is dismissing valid concerns with the way some influencers do things. I've seen many, many people not mark things as per the ASA guidelines, and to be honest they have monetized their lives into a business, and part of that is complying with the guidelines of said business.

Sorry hun, but if you insist on being an influencer to make cash, then do it properly. Don't belittle people's feedback on shady business practices, by gas lighting people and saying it doesn't matter when in any other job you would be disciplined for not following the rules.

The rules are there for a reason, to protect consumers.

It's not 'wild' or 'toxic' to want to hold people accountable in any industry, including influencers.

As for it being 'embarrassing' well that's down to personal preference. I think it is embarrassing that you would 'condone' inadvisable business practices in order to continue to easily make money, rather than use your privileged position to set an example. I would also be embarrassed at being so entitled that I think that I'm untouchable and that no one should get to question my business practises, and it's sad to do so.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Is her profile still private? I have come off social media for a bit.

I think she should be clear cut, it’s one thing saying something is amazing because you have been paid to say so or have been gifted something for free, be it a product or holiday. If she genuinely buys something and raves about it then that’s a much more genuine recommendation. She is just a glorified sales person at the end of the day.

Totally. Fair play to her for what she’s built up, but as mentioned earlier in the thread she has it loads easier than most single mums. If I could stay home and work around my kid and get paid for ads I wouldn’t be complaining online to people who in all likelihood have it much harder, especially during this pandemic. I honestly think being an influencer has to be the easiest job ever created. How any of them can moan about their lot is beyond me. Those screen shots above just show her as being rude and very tone deaf and quite arrogant actually.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think she’s shady about anything #ad or #gifted -related because her whole image is ‘single mum who worked hard and is now a self-made successful businesswoman’.

No one is jealous about freebies, we’re all adults and know they come with the influencer territory. What I dislike is the false narrative of ‘I only got to where I am today through a long, hard solo effort’.

It’s not just lying about (or not declaring) gifted items or trips, it’s everything else around that. Childcare, for example - she has a bigger support network than most. And the constant contradictory posts about money; one minute she’s making six figures, the next she can’t afford furniture and is living off packet noodles? Stop making out you’re hard done by and just own it. Yes her USP has changed, but surely people will be happy to see how well she has done for herself?

Reactions: 7
I think she’s shady about anything #ad or #gifted -related because her whole image is ‘single mum who worked hard and is now a self-made successful businesswoman’.

No one is jealous about freebies, we’re all adults and know they come with the influencer territory. What I dislike is the false narrative of ‘I only got to where I am today through a long, hard solo effort’.

It’s not just lying about (or not declaring) gifted items or trips, it’s everything else around that. Childcare, for example - she has a bigger support network than most. And the constant contradictory posts about money; one minute she’s making six figures, the next she can’t afford furniture and is living off packet noodles? Stop making out you’re hard done by and just own it. Yes her USP has changed, but surely people will be happy to see how well she has done for herself?
Good points. I wonder if the six figures includes the paid ads. Not sure how you can make a hundred grand selling t shirts. Maybe I’ve missed a trick in life 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I hate that she is dismissing valid concerns with the way some influencers do things. I've seen many, many people not mark things as per the ASA guidelines, and to be honest they have monetized their lives into a business, and part of that is complying with the guidelines of said business.

Sorry hun, but if you insist on being an influencer to make cash, then do it properly. Don't belittle people's feedback on shady business practices, by gas lighting people and saying it doesn't matter when in any other job you would be disciplined for not following the rules.

The rules are there for a reason, to protect consumers.

It's not 'wild' or 'toxic' to want to hold people accountable in any industry, including influencers.

As for it being 'embarrassing' well that's down to personal preference. I think it is embarrassing that you would 'condone' inadvisable business practices in order to continue to easily make money, rather than use your privileged position to set an example. I would also be embarrassed at being so entitled that I think that I'm untouchable and that no one should get to question my business practises, and it's sad to do so.
👏

I find it really strange she’s getting pissy about people commenting that she’s hiding photo’s of her son as though she didn’t plaster every moment of his life across her grid and stories until recently

I find it really strange she’s getting pissy about people commenting that she’s hiding photo’s of her son as though she didn’t plaster every moment of his life across her grid and stories until recently
I thought this too! She is so defensive about everything... to me she’s the exact same as all influencers including father of daughters - putting pics of kids all over the internet to sell any old shite.
just bcos youve deleted them now doesn’t make a difference! They’re out there, the damage is done.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.