Mental health

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah don't send them and if people who haven't been supportive and kind to you coming crying for help then just signpost them to agencies. Don't get involved too much. My Mum sends about 20 cards and doesn't ever see these people from one decade to the next. I think its stupid personally.

Reactions: 1
FWIW, I used to volunteer with the Samaritans. There really is absolutely no judgement. They will be patient and listen x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sorry to jump in..but I need to write it down. I feel like I have none to talk to. I don't want to bother my nearest and dearest ( again) I have only 2 friends who're probably sick of me and my depressive episodes. At the moment I'm just crying all the time when I'm alone. I have 4 kids my youngest has severe autism and us aggressively and doesn't sleep much so I'm exhausted. I'm feeling very lonely very sad. I had a breakdown 3 years ago and feel like I'm headed for another? I feel I have 0 purpose other than to clean and put tea in the table...my hubbie is hardworking and loving so on paper I probably should be happy. I'm not I'm desperately sad. I lost 5st this year but have put at least 2 back on with binge eating I don't feel worth anything. Everyone always post about mental health and the kettle always being in when in reality it's bull and really they aren't interested it's all for the net. Not sure why I'm writing this or if it'll be read ?

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Sorry to jump in..but I need to write it down. I feel like I have none to talk to. I don't want to bother my nearest and dearest ( again) I have only 2 friends who're probably sick of me and my depressive episodes. At the moment I'm just crying all the time when I'm alone. I have 4 kids my youngest has severe autism and us aggressively and doesn't sleep much so I'm exhausted. I'm feeling very lonely very sad. I had a breakdown 3 years ago and feel like I'm headed for another? I feel I have 0 purpose other than to clean and put tea in the table...my hubbie is hardworking and loving so on paper I probably should be happy. I'm not I'm desperately sad. I lost 5st this year but have put at least 2 back on with binge eating I don't feel worth anything. Everyone always post about mental health and the kettle always being in when in reality it's bull and really they aren't interested it's all for the net. Not sure why I'm writing this or if it'll be read ?
Bless you. Would you be willing to reach out to your local IAPT? Sometimes just having someone to talk to who doesnt know you and who will listen can be really helpful xx

• Heart
You've done great losing all that weight,thats amazing, even if you put a bit back on. I struggle with my weight so I know how hard it is to stick to slimming plans etc. I think if I were you I'd talk to my husband, just because hes hard working etc doesn't mean that he shouldn't be supporting you with your mental health. Can your older children help with the younger one who has autism a bit more? Also the children should be helping doing the tea now and with tiding up etc. I'd be explaining that you cant do it all.

• Heart
You've done great losing all that weight,thats amazing, even if you put a bit back on. I struggle with my weight so I know how hard it is to stick to slimming plans etc. I think if I were you I'd talk to my husband, just because hes hard working etc doesn't mean that he shouldn't be supporting you with your mental health. Can your older children help with the younger one who has autism a bit more? Also the children should be helping doing the tea now and with tiding up etc. I'd be explaining that you cant do it all.
My older boy's pretty much did nothing to help and I've nagged I've tried..ones nearly 18 and I adore them all but they don't seem to outwardly care much. I feel like mams are strong yet I must be so weak?! It's constant over thinking worrying and feeling worthless..u mean if o get help with those jobs what is my purpose? If that makes sense?

Bless you. Would you be willing to reach out to your local IAPT? Sometimes just having someone to talk to who doesnt know you and who will listen can be really helpful xx
I hD therapy and counselling, not that you'd know x

Dont do it for them then? they would soon cook etc if there was nothing there for them. Go out for a bit and leave them to it. You dont sound worthless at all just put upon.Its not for a woman to do absolutely everything in a home with no help, its not the 1950s.x

• Heart
I hD therapy and counselling, not that you'd know x
I think of therapy as like having tonsillitis. When you get tonsillitis, you go to the doctor and get some antibiotics, you feel better. Then you might get tonsillitis again, and so you go back to the doctor to get antibiotics. You’re not going to say ‘oh ive already had antibiotics for this so I’m not going to have them again’. Its the same with mental health, you get the support when you need it and feel better, and there will be times you need some support again! Sorry for the crap analogy but I hope it helps you see things in a different light x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Its definitely bad for ones self esteem to continually send cards, check in on, care for and support others then get sod all back. I too am guilty of this.
No more.

• Heart
Its definitely bad for ones self esteem to continually send cards, check in on, care for and support others then get sod all back. I too am guilty of this.
No more.
This is true and I have never had any self esteem at all. I can't even stomach certain shops as I don't feel " good enough" to be in them. I'm that person who tries to be extra kind and thoughtful for very little in return.

• Heart
I’m struggling today. Feeling really really low. Covid, lockdown, home schooling, it just feels like this massive weight is on my shoulders.
I can’t sleep, when I do fall asleep I can’t stay asleep. I’m having the most awful night sweats (not menopause) so I feel like a zombie most of the day. Evenings are particularly bad, sometimes I think I could just go and jump off a bridge - yet in the mornings I don’t feel so bad. Sad, but not as awful as the evenings.
Sorry, I’m rambling. Just wanted to get my thoughts out.

• Heart
I’m struggling today. Feeling really really low. Covid, lockdown, home schooling, it just feels like this massive weight is on my shoulders.
I can’t sleep, when I do fall asleep I can’t stay asleep. I’m having the most awful night sweats (not menopause) so I feel like a zombie most of the day. Evenings are particularly bad, sometimes I think I could just go and jump off a bridge - yet in the mornings I don’t feel so bad. Sad, but not as awful as the evenings.
Don't apologise it's so blood hard and lonely feeling like this. Not seeing loved ones and suddenly being responsible for our childs education and it's dark nights which can lower our mood. I understand I really do❤ I'm all for seeking help now..would you consider ringing your gp or a helpline, confiding in a family member of friend? X

• Heart
Don't apologise it's so blood hard and lonely feeling like this. Not seeing loved ones and suddenly being responsible for our childs education and it's dark nights which can lower our mood. I understand I really do❤ I'm all for seeking help now..would you consider ringing your gp or a helpline, confiding in a family member of friend? X
Thankyou - your reply makes me want to cry (in a nice way!) I think I will ring my gp in the morning and see about upping my medication. I’m currently on a low dose of sertraline but I wonder whether upping it might help, just for the next few months x

• Heart
It's honestly okay to post here. I'm sorry you're struggling today as well. Are you safe right now?

I think the night sweats do need to be looked at. Can you make an appointment with your GP?

How old are your kids? I think in the grand scheme of things having a few days where their work isn't perfect won't really do them any harm. Do you have any other support or friends you can contact ?

What is your normal evening routine?

Thankyou - your reply makes me want to cry (in a nice way!) I think I will ring my gp in the morning and see about upping my medication. I’m currently on a low dose of sertraline but I wonder whether upping it might help, just for the next few months x
Do please, we have to look after ourselves to look after our children🥰 feel free to message me anytime xx