Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

metalbeard

I don’t think anyone is suggesting labour and delivery isn’t traumatic for some women I mean I can only imagine it is, and yes pain is what the patient says it is as you are taught working in healthcare so if it felt traumatic for her by all means she’s entitled to feel that way.

The issue majority have with Mel (or what I feel issue with I don’t want to speak on anyone else’s behalf) is the multiple SM content, most of which is on Instagram stories or comments on there to her followers, is her multiple references to her being “forced” by healthcare professionals into a procedure she didn’t consent to and having a doctor “assault” her, words she has actually used, and how she will be making complaints and not having a hospital delivery again

again, she is entitled to feel whatever way she wants about her experience but she has an online presence that she is sharing this to.Forced and assault are two very strong words to use about your experience, if this is how she feels by all means make her complaint about the doctors and midwives and maybe get some closure on the experience or answers from them about why it happened the way it did

but don’t go onto your SM platform to portray your narrative of being this victim and possibly encouraging others to not have any trust in the healthcare system

Also apologies reading back on my comment it comes across quite aggressive, don’t mean it to I’m coming from someone working in the healthcare system so I am being defensive about my fellow colleagues working there
I just believe if you are unhappy with your care please talk to someone in the healthcare system about it and get answers or an explanation
Please don’t just complain online where nothing can be done to change anything

• Heart
Reactions: 24

neens113

Chatty Member
Fuck me, the transparency. Our conversation about her shitty comments on rent last night has hit a nerve again. Pennywise is getting her mortgage because she's 'saved savagely' and 'paid rent', climbing "the Millennial Everest".

PSA (Pennywise Service Announcement): The vast majority of millenials don't have the "multiple income streams" nor the six figure salary you've boasted/are still boasting about. You're still not fucking relatable. You're still not an everyperson. You're still completely detached from the experiences of normal people and your self-awareness is still on the floor. You're a privileged piece of shit who got lucky in being able to make money recommending lubricant for the sex you're not having and leggings from a completely unethic company; https://directory.goodonyou.eco/brand/fabletics (Patagonia is a fabulous ethical alternative btw).

Accept that Melanie 😘
Also.. is it just my uni that never told me to 'create my own job'? 😬 Not that they wouldn't encourage it, but I've never heard anyone at my uni say that.

• Haha
  • Heart

Dearreader

VIP Member
All this has reminded me of a YouTube comment from a caveman helpfully explaining why single women over 30 can essentially consider their romantic lives over.

And Mel's reply: "While it sucks, I do agree!"

It's no wonder she's fooled her American followers into thinking Ireland is still a backwards hole when she herself is living in the 1950s.
Firstly LOL

Secondly it's a bit rich coming from a woman who obviously only settled on a man because of his pilot status.

Imo I'd rather be continuously trying to improve myself as a person and be single than settle with anyone out of fear and a need for a certain status.

He's a absolute yes man and that's why Melanie went with him. It meant she wouldn't have to address her horrible personality. She can be her true self and he will just enable the shit out of it.

Most other men who'd see Melanies red flags would cut their loses and run... part of me thinks Thomas seen Melanie as the one he could never have until he did and therefore looks at her through rose tinted glasses.

I'd rather be 30 and happy than settle with a narc anyway. Her energy is so dark, she must suck the life out of everyone around her.

• Heart

Dearreader

VIP Member
She loves to speak for groups of people she doesn't identify with. She's never dated in her 30's, why is she telling people men don't want us.

I personally found dating at 30 easier than dating in my 20's. There were just as many eligible bachelors with interest, I was just more picky due to maturity. I'm sure people from different countries/cultures will have different experiences though. My partner has a friend from Mumbai who has said the pressure to marry before 30 is tough for some Indian women, but even then it's not because men won't find them attractive. I've never dated in Ireland, but I can't imagine it's all that different from dating in Canada.
There's not a lot of a difference imo. Dating in your 30's like you said is better because you have the maturity to know who and what you really want AND you are less inclined to settle.

Melanie clearly fell prey to the old way of thinking- get married and settled before 30. The Catholic brainwashy way. I'm not applying this to anyone who's on here and married at 30 with kids and happy - rather the types like Melanie who continue to perpetuate this 1950's school of thinking- that if you aren't married by 30 somehow, you are past your shelf life. 😂

I also take issue with the statement where she says something along the lines of at 30 all the good guys are taken. She couldn't be more wrong. 30 year olds aren't falling for the batty way of Catholic thinking any more and are more career focused and driven, putting themselves first before they take the leap and settle down.

And on a personal note - I've never felt so secure and confident in myself like I do now at 30. Men and women are attracted to confident,secure individuals and when you project that thinking nobody is thinking yeah she's sexy and confident but she's thirty so I'll pass. 😂

Melanie's paragraphs are just projections of her own biggest insecurities.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

PumpkinLanterns

Pandemic aside, I thought new mothers were generally advised to be selective about where and how often they expose their newborn baby to crowds or indoor public spaces. Medical facilities and shopping malls especially. As their immune systems are not fully developed yet. I feel like I've seen pictures of them outside on a crowded street, in a shopping center, and God forbid baby miss out on daddy's first hair transplant. Fun for the whole family! He's only been alive for little over a month. Why is she out here filming content?!

• Heart
  • Haha

lena234

Delighted she’s told her viewers she’d had to get a new bed because the old one was very creeky ... and to read between the lines.... Melanie Hun you’re married with a child we get it you shag the pilot!!!

• Haha

justwannaseethepictures

I think I've said this before on this very thread but there really is nothing more I hate than a crying selfie. No one who is that upset thinks to take a flippin photo of themselves.

As a PP said, the Skerries thing is just because everything else is beneath her at this point. She doesn't give a fig about her family that much. Barely sees her mother, fell out with sister who she seemed very close to and worked with on their channels and formerly upcoming podcast, brother also AWOL, could easily live with her dad (who she considered her best friend) who is in a house she is paying rent on by himself. Bollocks is it about being close to her family. His side, the rich side, maybe.

And whilst I'm being petty Baldy is a hideous specimen of a man. Royston Vasey vibes.
I get it's very frustrating having plans cancelled and all, but there's no reason to cry over it when you can postpone it?
For fuck sake, my boyfriend got a call this morning to say his granddad died, I doubt the thought even crossed his mind to take a selfie when he was crying over something that's actually worth crying over.
I could never imagine being mid crying and thinking 'oh this is a great time to take a photo or film myself!!!'

• Heart

Dearreader

VIP Member
This is such a shit post but I'm cackling to myself remembering the time Melanie wrote a mini essay on breastfeeding complete with incorrect references and posted it to her stories thinking she had REALLY done something. #icanreadthestats #ihaveadegree

Melanie Murphy #7 The extraordinary adventures of Melanie Muppet and her 101 sockpuppets.

• Haha
  • Heart

Talensandtruths

0F3B2795-B8D7-4BB8-89A2-1FC27ADEFFB9.jpeg

Ah me internet family, don’t youse all know those pesky stretch marks only pounce when your baby comes on time. I mean...come the fuck on now.
“It’s so important to just accept what happens after birth” - like you’ve accepted ANYTHING, Mel? 🙄🙄.
She is such a GASLIGHTER & manipulator, urgh.

• Angry
  • Wow

firecracker

One thing that’s so funny to me is how she’s clearly so checked out. She clearly doesn’t even enjoy posting anymore— her content quality has been dropping for years and when she does post something she spends the rest of the night arguing in the comments, talking down to literally ALL her fans in her Instagram stories and then deleting everything. It’s such a toxic routine. It looks like she’s isolated herself from her entire family, Jess included, as well.

But yet she will never listen to anyone when they’re legitimately being helpful— and she will never give this up because she knows the lube ads will pay more than her shitty book deals. That — plus her narcissism — ensures she’s trapped in this job that is making her a way worse person than she already is 🤷

• Heart
  • Haha

Caelansa

I started watching the new video she’s saying at the start how she’s barely active nowadays aside from walks. I’m sure if she wanted to incorporate a bit more exercise she could do a few quick hit sessions a week the 20 minute ones there is loads on YouTube or go a run a few times a week, she gets on as if she’s no help and is doing everything on her own. Yes you may not lead as active a lifestyle as you did pre baby and not have as much time for the gym but that’s kind of the reality of having kids. I know some mums that will go jogging with the baby in the pram or do a few quick core, hit sessions a week at home while the baby naps etc and this is them at home alone while their partner is at work she could more than manage to be more active if she wanted to she’s enough people around her to take the baby for 30 minutes

Also her baby is not a new born anymore I’m sick of her saying this she had him nearly 3 months ago ffs
Not being funny (and no mum shaming) but I’m 19 and almost 5 months pp, for a month now I’ve managed to do yoga every day from 15 mins to 40 mins depending on how long my son naps for. My boyfriend works nights half the week so I parent alone bar 2 hours each day he works and I still manage to clean the house, make food, exercise and keep the baby entertained. We breast feed and attachment parent just like she does except my boyfriend and I live on our own on minimum wage. It actually pisses that she makes out like her life is so so hard when she has a house full of adults to help her and she’s earning so much more than your average person. I never post just lurk but I’m embarrassed for her and frustrated at her bs. I had to unfollow her while I was pregnant because I was severely ill due to gi health and her spouting off about how easy etc etc pregnancy was made me feel super inadequate. The way she tries to make it seem like she’s a super mum n then says she can’t get anything done is really confusing because on the one hand she tries to one up other mothers and on the other she’s trying to be relatable or something. I don’t get what image she’s trying to portray it’s so weird 🙄

• Heart

kekedoyouloveme

The original tweet that she scrubbed from the internet @kekedoyouloveme

It's the - imma grind buy with cash for me 😂
"This is being an Irish millennial". What the actual fuck? The overwhelming majority of millenials and Gen Z can't relate to her situation of earning six figures or being a "digital entrepreneur" as she called herself today. To "grind" for her means selling lube and leggings from her bed in the in-laws' attic, but she wants to frame that as the experience of everyone else by defining her position of extreme privilege as being a millenial? She's so far out of touch with reality and detached from her peers' experiences, it's nauseating.

• Heart

jazyblu

Chatty Member
You would think an author would have a little understanding for words and their meanings and inferences beyond dictionary definitions!

• Heart
  • Haha

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
I don’t know if anyone has seen about Grace Victory being intubated and in an induced coma after contracting covid and needing give birth quickly on Christmas Day as she was too unwell to carry on with the pregnancy.

Melanie can fuck right off with her narrative of forced trauma/ single parent martyrdom when there are people with genuine health concerns. She had a health baby that was planned and with a person she loves and married, she is healthy and healing, she has a cosy roof over her head and (apparently) no money worries.

I don’t like Grace particularly or watch her content but I’m devastated for her and her family.

• Heart

Dearreader

VIP Member
FROM THE CLINICS COVID FAQ

You will be asked to attend appointments alone - the clinic specify that these rules are in line with the new level 3 restrictions

Melanie is therefore breaching level 3 and so is the clinic.

Apparently, unless you are willing to take a hefty discount and promote us on your YouTube channel then it's a family day out!!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow

jazyblu

Chatty Member
Her boo hoo stories about mortgages and buying a house never make any sense. They've been married for nearly a year, engaged for a year before that and apparently is such a committed relationship for years and yet why was she trying to avoid his name on the mortgage?

You can *finally* get a mortgage if you apply joint? With your own husband? Crazy.

Who genuinely thinks most people buy a family home on one income these days?

The reality is they didn't have enough saved. So many youtubers/instagramers have bought homes with mortgages, the bank doesn't care what your actual skills are only that your accounts are consistent.
She clearly didn't have a full set of good accounts that show consistent earning for 3 years until now, and they have been able to add the money they would have spent on their wedding to their deposit fund.

• Heart
  • Haha

Dearreader

VIP Member
"I amn't showing my babies face or my son's name online because he has a right to anonymity"

- this doesn't apply for Halloween dress up IG posts

- Doesn't apply to Fabletics sponsorships or ANY sponsorship, in fact.

- Vlogs don't apply either.

Anyone who's become truly sick of her with her constant covid theories/HYPOCRISY/ shady adverts/ outrageous lies. Unfollow her, don't give her a soapbox for her toxicity. Don't let someone so narcisstic, who clearly needs extensive therapy affect your mental health or try to make you feel shitty in order to sell a lifestyle/share unfounded and dangerous advice.

Don't read her wack theories. Don't engage or support it, hit unfollow. You certainly shouldn't feel an ounce of empathy for someone complaining about not getting a mortgage while living rent free, working safely from home durning a pandemic with her partner waiting on her hand and foot. There are single mothers struggling, couples not meeting their rent each month.

People are losing jobs and loved ones and she's whining that she can't afford a mortgage in one of the most expensive parts of the country, all the while claiming time and time again through FB, Instagram and Twitter that the virus is a hoax, it only affects obese people or the elderly. Pro herd immunity etc.

There are so many decent influencers who are a positive influence.The unfollow button is a powerful tool to remind these gobshites that their power and influence is temporary and very short lived IF they decide to use their platform to be a negative individual, encourage covid denial in young followers and being a HUGE bully to boot.

Have also attached photos of Melanie in clinical settings- doctors office and the hair transplant clinic not wearing her mask correctly and in the shopping centre not wearing one at all. Also her hypocritical shite takes when she actively uses her platform to spread misinformation.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

JessAmy145

Okay maybe I'm very naive but... she's so over dramatic. She is making out like she's a single parent when she has:

- No actual rent or mortgage to pay
- No bills to pay
- No house to constantly keep clean and tidy (literally just an attic)
- She has her husband with her all the time apart from a few hours a day
- She has her in-laws downstairs who I'm pretty sure would be itching to help and spend time with their grandchild
- No furlough stress (she earns ££ just from talking to a camera and doing sponsors)

I dunno, maybe when my baby is born ill get a hell of a shock but seriously - if you can't find time to have a quick bath or shower, or put on some eyeshadow then what the hell is she doing with her spare time while he sleeps?! She knows you can shower/bath while your partner keeps the kid occupied, right? 🙄

• Heart

Dearreader

VIP Member
I'll get killed for this but heyho.

She's using the constant breastfeeding as an excuse to never have to leave the attic and interact with his family and also to drop weight.

He's not a newborn anymore. I'd say she was devo when her da bought her the video monitor... no excuse not to mingle with the in laws now. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart