Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
I think it's only true for Countries without free health care or free health services like the U.S.. Switzerland doesn't offer free health services (so some people have to pay fees). But I just googled it and it says the government reimburses them. So I have no idea why she would like that post. It doesn't apply to her or any other country with decent healthcare.

Oh wait. I just googled the doctor who's post it is, and he is an Irish doctor who closed his practice because he was threatened with suspension for spreading misinformation. There seems to be a theme for where she gets her information. It's not even that he thinks masks don't work, he was claiming that wearing a mask is dangerous.
GP’s get €100 for every patient they refer to CervicalCheck in Ireland. Well they used to when the CervicalCheck scandal was happening, not sure about now. So gps COULD be making money from it, but it’s literally just the testing. There’s no money to be made for the public hospitals at all when people need covid tests/ end up in hospital with complications.

Reactions: 2

JessAmy145

Also I think she claimed she found out after which is BS. A scan to diagnose pcos is a transvaginal ultrasound which 100% would have picked up that she was already a few weeks pregnant at the time.
Unless of course she had the scan before fertilisation/far too early to tell? I'm 7 weeks but technically only been pregnant 4.5 of those because it goes from first day of last period? Which means the first 2 weeks or so of a pregnancy you're not actually pregnant and if she hadn't had implantation, or was only fertilised a couple of weeks, it wouldn't show up on a scan? I'm not trying to make excuses for her but what she's saying could actually be true

monga

VIP Member
She was crying most of the day the baby wouldn't settle ,but she seemed a bit slurred tbh.

PumpkinLanterns

GP’s get €100 for every patient they refer to CervicalCheck in Ireland. Well they used to when the CervicalCheck scandal was happening, not sure about now. So gps COULD be making money from it, but it’s literally just the testing. There’s no money to be made for the public hospitals at all when people need covid tests/ end up in hospital with complications.
Ok, so that Is quite a bit different than where I am. Doctor's only get the normal billing for the assessment here. They get nothing for the covid test or referrals. And the doctors in testing centers get paid by the hour. Definitely no "covid gravy trains" in our stations. I just assumed he was exaggerating because €140 seems very high and he has motive to bad mouth.

Reactions: 1

monga

VIP Member
Another YT suggestion I didn’t realise they had to take him to the North for treatment.. Or is there a Mater hospital in the south too?

Reactions: 1

monga

VIP Member
¹

Lockdowns DO work - this has been proven in other countries AND over the summer here in UK. I was working at a funeral directors and toward the end of lock down and after, cases plummeted. Its only since everything opened back up like shops and schools and people were allowed abroad that they've rocketed up again. I feel like people who don't work on the front line actually dealing with it day-in-day-out are complacent and have no idea about the reality of it.

Please take care and stay safe. Thank you for what you do. 🤍
I'm not sure why you quoted me in this ?