Melanie Murphy #12 I'm the only Mam in the village

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank god I’m not the only one 😂 I’m an English literature student and I’ve tried so hard but I just can’t make sense of it.
The first part is is usual "my life is not mine anymore because I have a son" stuff and then... Internet shopping?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm busting my bleeping hole laughing.

Trying to make sense of it like ???

Can imagine the smug lip she does typing away on her keyboard thinking She's the millennial's answer to Edgar Allan Poe.

Get out, lol i can't cope with the cringe.

The delusions.The notions. The gall. The Cheek even..

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
“maybe I went a bit
blind
from the blood loss”

thank god Emily Dickinson is dead or she’d be shitting herself over the competition.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Rupi Kaur really convinced several people they can write any old shite, break it up into too many stanzas with too many

lines
and
call it

poetry

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Your words
So funny
Your confidence
Baffling
Your belief that you can
Call
Yourself a
Poet by structuring
Your
Text in

Silly

ways

Is

dumb.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
‘And the tasty things, why do they taste so bleeping tasty?
what’s that about?’

A question I ask myself each day 😂🤣 not sure I would write a poem about it… about my son

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Oh my eyes are streaming 😂 LITERALLY SOBBING YOU GOISE (from the lolz). Good aul Mel delivering the prose no one asked for. What in the actual duck is she on. I'd love to see her on those supposed magic shrooms she took years ago, probably made her act normal. I'll say this, I wish I had half her blind confidence 😂

Some of those lines are like those rambling maths questions on the leaving cert - am I solving for X or what Mel?? Coz I do not get this

• Haha
Reactions: 18
oh my god 😂😂 she’s so pretentious

“Can’t Sell Me Love by moi ☺💚

bleeping stamping it like it’s a work of art when it literally reads like twelve monkeys on a type writer hahahahaha

Imagine being thomas and having to read that drivel while she watches you with her pennywise face going “well? 😋 what do you think?????😋

• Haha
Reactions: 22
OMG this is the worst so far. What on earth?!

like data was God
all along.

What does it meeaaaaaan?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She’s treated us to another poem girls, and she’s really spoilt us with this one :ROFLMAO:

Two of my fav lines have got to be
“alas
cookies notified Google”

and

“Fifteen ninety nine, six quid in savings”

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sylvia Plath's Morning Song has got nothing on this.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Melanie three weeks ago: what do people want from me? I can't impact change in any way on Instagram. Hence I don't post about important issues on here. We should refocus energy here.
Also Melanie all year: sign the petition for aviation, follow the profile etc. It's so important. Please please please you guys.
And now:
View attachment 611828
The most hilarious thing about this is that Tomas was tweeting Leo saying he lost a voter because the government wouldn't bail out aviation. Does he not realise Fine Gael are one the reasons him and Mel can't afford a house in Dublin? Like was he actually voting for FG all long before now? They basically created the housing crisis. What a bleeping idiot. They only believe in the market and they like keeping house prices high. They completely stopped building socially housing. All of their policies to help people buy houses actually only keep prices high. I could go on and on with more reasons tbh. I would say Tomas is too thick to realise any of that. What self respecting young person votes FG 😂.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
What in the actual duck is she on. I'd love to see her on those supposed magic shrooms she took years ago, probably made her act normal.
😂😂😂😂

The audacity of the commenters encouraging these poems, have we not suffered enough this year?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Judging from that comment she posted on Instagram I don’t think she’s mentally ready to take on another child, she complains and gurns enough about the one she already has, couldn’t see her being able to hack 2 kids under 2

Reactions: 11
I wish I’d never followed her on instagram. Honestly, back when I just watched an occasional vlog of Mel’s on YouTube, she was bearable. I used to watch her food diaries because they were pretty balanced and similar to my own diet minus her nightly booze and chocolate, or her occasional induglence in red meat at a pub or something (I had also been plant based and transitioned back to eggs and some dairy, fish, etc, so I found her somewhat relatable.)

But my god do I loathe her now. Every time she pops up on my insta feed she’s somehow become a) more antagonistic, b) more pretentious and c) dumber. I always think, “wow, she can’t get worse than this”, but then she promptly proves me wrong.

Her poetry is bleeping awful and juvenile. I could have written better poems at 12, and I’m not good at poetry. I suck at it. Unlike Mel, I don’t believe the sun shines out of my ass and I’m well aware of my limits. She’s like 32, how is she so unable to be honest and self-reflective?

Her worst crime, however, is the way that she presents and represents motherhood. For all her talk of feminism, female empowerment, etc, her behaviour does not add up. Since becoming a mother she has done 3 things:

1. witch and moan about the physical changes she’s been through, only to immediately try to cover up her complaining by claiming she’s “so grateful” and “in awe” of her what her body’s capable of, even though she’s very clearly obsessing about before-and-after photos, and is noticeably upset.
2. Act like a martyr about HOW HAAAAARD she has it, despite, as you all have pointed out, being surrounded by a strong support network. She has no consideration for women who have been isolated from their families and partners, whether through covid or other circumstances, for single mums or for mums that have actual jobs and thus a limited maternity leave. Nope, Mel’s got it SO HARD. And yes, babies are tough. They are hard work. It’s okay to talk about that, and have honest discussions. But Mel makes mountains out of molehills and constantly tries to one-up other women.
3. Has completely lost herself and her identity for the “mummy” identity. This is a pet hate of mine. I know Mel is not the only woman to do this, I’ve witnessed it time and time again. I understand that once you have kids, your priorities change. That’s okay. You’re allowed to be a mother, you’re allowed to love it. But duck, why does it have to become literally your entire identity? Look through her feed. It’s ALL about her son and motherhood. What’s left? An occasional mention of Harry Potter, perhaps? Riveting. I have loads of friends with kids that didn’t lose themselves, and managed to hold on to who they are outside of motherhood. They’re brilliant women. And most of them have it harder than Mel in terms of support networks, and have real jobs that they have to balance on top of it all. If they can have hobbies, interests and identities, so can she.

Rant over. I unfollowed her today.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.