Meggan Grubb

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for this! It’s encouraging that Meggan seems so dedicated to making the app the best it can be, so I hope in time the cons you mentioned will be smoothed out.
I hope so too! It could be my phone making it worse as TBH it's in need of a bit of a clearout. Beyond hasn't been out for that long and there aren't many issues with it and judging by Meggan's character, I do think this stuff will be ironed out. I'm glad I tried it and I will continue to use it. For me, especially now I'm not paying £25-30 a month for a gym membership, £10 a month was a fair risk to take, especially with the trial week it gives you.

Reactions: 3
I've had the app for three weeks and here are my pros and cons (save the best for last, so cons go first):

Cons
  • It's very laggy on my iPhone 7. My phone hasn't got a lot of memory (inbuilt or left) though, so maybe that contributes to it. On the workouts, the timer & rep count/weight buttons are quite buggy and sometimes this gets the app stuck. This definitely gets in the way of how much I like and rate the app. Sometimes it's so laggy that I don't even bother using the app timer/inputting the weight I used.
    • Pro for this - when it does crash or get stuck, it never boots me out of the app/it never force closes. I never lose my workout progress.
  • You can't search for specific workouts.
  • Every so often, there's a really slight typo in the instructions (NOT a huge deal to me, but I know some people mind, professionalism etc..)
  • Even though it's by and large really good for this, there's a small number of exercises in the home guides that rely on owning a long resistance band. I wish she would have an alternative recommended for these exercises.
Pros

• The workouts are super easy to follow. There is usually a description and a demo for each move.
  • The home workouts are really good, especially given they're not reliant on you having heavy dumbbells at home:
    • I still get a good resistance workout using the home workouts despite having done heavy weights at the gym for two years.
    • The workouts don't rely on millions of reps - they aren't boring.
    • The workouts are still good even if you have no weights.
  • Meggan encourages you to be resourceful and doesn't use Beyond as an opportunity to sell you more stuff. Even where she recommends the use of a resistance band, she doesn't plug her products.
  • The workouts are a nice length of time - the standard long workout is 45 minutes.
  • There are a variety of workouts. It's not just 50 cardio/resistance workouts with the same structure.
  • She gives technique tips to help you get more out of what you're doing.
  • Doesn't go funny when you listen to music/leave the app during your workout.
  • The layout is nice.
  • It doesn't encourage you to 'get shreddy' or prioritise aesthetics.
  • The journalling function is quite nice - practising gratitude etc.. It helps build mindfulness into your day without being too time-consuming.
  • It's not in your face at all. The reminders to use it are encouraging without being annoying.
  • It doesn't guilt you for anything (*cough cough* Duolingo, my God that owl).
    • (Where Duolingo will say "you have broken my heart by not practising Spanish today" or "these notifications aren't working...", Beyond wishes me good luck for the week, tells me I've got this, tells me I've earned a break after working out, etc.. etc..)

My only issues with it so far are basically the tech issues. I would recommend it, especially during lockdown. Learning that this app was made by Genflow, like Shreddy, makes me appreciate that the tit bits in Shreddy (other than the lagginess of the app) aren't down to Genflow - it's down to the people that made the content/Grace. Hope this helps!
This is so helpful thank you! I feel like I expected a few tech issues at the beginning so not a huge issue, really glad to hear it doesn’t rely on doing loads of reps! Also can relate to the Duolingo sooo much hahahaha

Reactions: 2
So the thing is.. I really like Meggan, think she is such a nice person, has an amazing voice and is so cute with the dogs (who literally live their best lives there) but the one thing that bugs the crap out of me is the hauls she does. Fact is, she is the only 'influencer' I follow on the 'tube that still does those, so that's why I'm just confused every time I see something like this, like "oh, a haul, again?". The amount of fast-fashion she consumes is pretty mind-blowing and then the 'funny hauls' where she just returns everything after trying it on.. When you know that most of those garments are sent to landfill/burned right away because it is too 'expensive' to actually continue the whole return process, all of a sudden it makes a youtube video a lot less enjoyable to watch.

I know that this is her job and the way she makes a lot of money (obviously) but she has just.. so.. much.. stuff? And sometimes I find myself wondering whether for example the anxiety issues she is coping with, have anything to do with that (and whether it could be better if she would have a little less (or just only the things that really spark joy for her), if you know what I mean?)

Like someone said above: watching her declutter would be amazing (and then donating/selling/doing a give away) and not just on a time-lapse but the real process. Even more (but I'm just getting excited now): I would love watching her try "challenges", like for example: morning yoga / meditation for a week / month. Or for example: try the Wim Hof method with a 30s cold shower in the morning (I think all these things would "tune in" very nicely with the theme of Beyond, considering how important mental health is on the app, which I love).
And in her latest vlog she was thinking of doing a small make over of one of the spare bedrooms which I think is a great idea (I live for small make-overs/renovations/moving things around). But she is immediately thinking about: this has to go, this has to go, this has to go (big rug, side table, etc etc etc) annnndd I want to get this, this and this new. Why not clean it out first, move around with what you have, think about what you'd like (for a bit longer than an hour, preferably) and have a lil lookie on the secondhand websites/marketplace (you might be so surprised) and then eventually look online.

TLDR: It might be just me but I would love to see her becoming a bit more intentional on her shopping/buying behaviours and showing her viewers the possibilities. With her influence, I think that would really make a big difference :)

Reactions: 5
So the thing is.. I really like Meggan, think she is such a nice person, has an amazing voice and is so cute with the dogs (who literally live their best lives there) but the one thing that bugs the crap out of me is the hauls she does. Fact is, she is the only 'influencer' I follow on the 'tube that still does those, so that's why I'm just confused every time I see something like this, like "oh, a haul, again?". The amount of fast-fashion she consumes is pretty mind-blowing and then the 'funny hauls' where she just returns everything after trying it on.. When you know that most of those garments are sent to landfill/burned right away because it is too 'expensive' to actually continue the whole return process, all of a sudden it makes a youtube video a lot less enjoyable to watch.

I know that this is her job and the way she makes a lot of money (obviously) but she has just.. so.. much.. stuff? And sometimes I find myself wondering whether for example the anxiety issues she is coping with, have anything to do with that (and whether it could be better if she would have a little less (or just only the things that really spark joy for her), if you know what I mean?)

Like someone said above: watching her declutter would be amazing (and then donating/selling/doing a give away) and not just on a time-lapse but the real process. Even more (but I'm just getting excited now): I would love watching her try "challenges", like for example: morning yoga / meditation for a week / month. Or for example: try the Wim Hof method with a 30s cold shower in the morning (I think all these things would "tune in" very nicely with the theme of Beyond, considering how important mental health is on the app, which I love).
And in her latest vlog she was thinking of doing a small make over of one of the spare bedrooms which I think is a great idea (I live for small make-overs/renovations/moving things around). But she is immediately thinking about: this has to go, this has to go, this has to go (big rug, side table, etc etc etc) annnndd I want to get this, this and this new. Why not clean it out first, move around with what you have, think about what you'd like (for a bit longer than an hour, preferably) and have a lil lookie on the secondhand websites/marketplace (you might be so surprised) and then eventually look online.

TLDR: It might be just me but I would love to see her becoming a bit more intentional on her shopping/buying behaviours and showing her viewers the possibilities. With her influence, I think that would really make a big difference :)
I love Meggan and her tube!! I do think she reuses a lot of her clothes. I’ve seen her rewear a lot of her old bits and that’s way better then some influencers that constantly buy new stuff and I never see them reusing any clothes! I feel anxious atm with lockdown just like everyone I bet so I just think she is feeling like the rest of us maybe? Compared to others I watch she is one of the better ones. Wouldn’t you agree?😊😊

Definitely agree. I think Meggan’s hauls have been a lot less than they used to be, and as much as I enjoy the silly hauls (like when she & Niall buy for each other) they aren’t the most sustainable.

Like someone said above: watching her declutter would be amazing (and then donating/selling/doing a give away) and not just on a time-lapse but the real process.
Yes, especially if she talked about how her style / relationship with fast fashion has evolved. I’ve been subscribed for a few years now and it’s weird thinking of clothes she hauled and raved about and you never see her wear them. I think she gets excited about some things and wears them a lot but then she gets new things to be excited about.

It’s sad she’s taking a break because I’ll miss the vlogs but hopefully she feels better for having some time off.

Reactions: 4
Tbf I think this year she has improved a lot, and her “hauls” are now mostly stuff she would have bought anyway with a few pieces and she talks about what she likes and what she will be sending back rather than traditional YouTube hauls where you buy like £100+ worth of stuff and act like you love all of it and send it back behind the scenes!

Tbf I think this year she has improved a lot, and her “hauls” are now mostly stuff she would have bought anyway with a few pieces and she talks about what she likes and what she will be sending back rather than traditional YouTube hauls where you buy like £100+ worth of stuff and act like you love all of it and send it back behind the scenes!
absolutely!

Definitely agree. I think Meggan’s hauls have been a lot less than they used to be, and as much as I enjoy the silly hauls (like when she & Niall buy for each other) they aren’t the most sustainable.

Yes, especially if she talked about how her style / relationship with fast fashion has evolved. I’ve been subscribed for a few years now and it’s weird thinking of clothes she hauled and raved about and you never see her wear them. I think she gets excited about some things and wears them a lot but then she gets new things to be excited about.

It’s sad she’s taking a break because I’ll miss the vlogs but hopefully she feels better for having some time off.
Yeah I agree, I don't think she's ever really talked about sustainability etc and all that which is fine if she doesn't know a lot about it, hence why she does fast fashion hauls and doesn't really show an interest in veganism/ethical brands etc like a lot of other fitness influencer's brands. I'd rather her be like this though as it's so annoying when influencers pretend to be morally superior with the sustainability USP and then it comes out they actually don't give a tit (cough grace beverley lol)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yeah I agree, I don't think she's ever really talked about sustainability etc and all that which is fine if she doesn't know a lot about it, hence why she does fast fashion hauls and doesn't really show an interest in veganism/ethical brands etc like a lot of other fitness influencer's brands. I'd rather her be like this though as it's so annoying when influencers pretend to be morally superior with the sustainability USP and then it comes out they actually don't give a tit (cough grace beverley lol)
hhhnnngggg hahaha you are so right, I actually forgot how annoying that is. forget my previous comment! she is all in all a very precious human (meggan, not grace, that is lol)

hhhnnngggg hahaha you are so right, I actually forgot how annoying that is. forget my previous comment! she is all in all a very precious human (meggan, not grace, that is lol)
yeah absolutely! she's such a babe I hope she starts to feel better very soon

• Heart
She’s taking a small break from YT for mental health reasons. She had slightly more detailed stories up about it, but also pinned a comment on her latest vid.
Oh if only we could all just take a break when we’re not feeling too great mentally :rolleyes:

Reactions: 10
It’s definitely a privilege, but also a privilege many people have with sick leave/annual leave
Dude if I took sick/annual leave every time I didn’t feel good mentally I’d probably be out of a job by now but hey Ho!

Not sure if you want people to think you’re actually Meggan btw? I’m sure you would have at least changed your name if so. Unless it just a coincidence :unsure:

It’s definitely a privilege, but also a privilege many people have with sick leave/annual leave
In ‘normal’ times maybe. But I know a lot of people have limited sick days before they go onto SSP and at the moment, won't want to take any sick leave if they don't have to in case they get covid.

That being said, I don't think less of her for taking mental health break. If you are able to and need to, it's a good idea.

Reactions: 4
I've had the app for three weeks and here are my pros and cons (save the best for last, so cons go first):

Cons
  • It's very laggy on my iPhone 7. My phone hasn't got a lot of memory (inbuilt or left) though, so maybe that contributes to it. On the workouts, the timer & rep count/weight buttons are quite buggy and sometimes this gets the app stuck. This definitely gets in the way of how much I like and rate the app. Sometimes it's so laggy that I don't even bother using the app timer/inputting the weight I used.
    • Pro for this - when it does crash or get stuck, it never boots me out of the app/it never force closes. I never lose my workout progress.
  • You can't search for specific workouts.
  • Every so often, there's a really slight typo in the instructions (NOT a huge deal to me, but I know some people mind, professionalism etc..)
  • Even though it's by and large really good for this, there's a small number of exercises in the home guides that rely on owning a long resistance band. I wish she would have an alternative recommended for these exercises.
Pros

• The workouts are super easy to follow. There is usually a description and a demo for each move.
  • The home workouts are really good, especially given they're not reliant on you having heavy dumbbells at home:
    • I still get a good resistance workout using the home workouts despite having done heavy weights at the gym for two years.
    • The workouts don't rely on millions of reps - they aren't boring.
    • The workouts are still good even if you have no weights.
  • Meggan encourages you to be resourceful and doesn't use Beyond as an opportunity to sell you more stuff. Even where she recommends the use of a resistance band, she doesn't plug her products.
  • The workouts are a nice length of time - the standard long workout is 45 minutes.
  • There are a variety of workouts. It's not just 50 cardio/resistance workouts with the same structure.
  • She gives technique tips to help you get more out of what you're doing.
  • Doesn't go funny when you listen to music/leave the app during your workout.
  • The layout is nice.
  • It doesn't encourage you to 'get shreddy' or prioritise aesthetics.
  • The journalling function is quite nice - practising gratitude etc.. It helps build mindfulness into your day without being too time-consuming.
  • It's not in your face at all. The reminders to use it are encouraging without being annoying.
  • It doesn't guilt you for anything (*cough cough* Duolingo, my God that owl).
    • (Where Duolingo will say "you have broken my heart by not practising Spanish today" or "these notifications aren't working...", Beyond wishes me good luck for the week, tells me I've got this, tells me I've earned a break after working out, etc.. etc..)

My only issues with it so far are basically the tech issues. I would recommend it, especially during lockdown. Learning that this app was made by Genflow, like Shreddy, makes me appreciate that the tit bits in Shreddy (other than the lagginess of the app) aren't down to Genflow - it's down to the people that made the content/Grace. Hope this helps!
😂😂 the duolingo owl!

Reactions: 1
Dude if I took sick/annual leave every time I didn’t feel good mentally I’d probably be out of a job by now but hey Ho!

Not sure if you want people to think you’re actually Meggan btw? I’m sure you would have at least changed your name if so. Unless it just a coincidence :unsure:
well everyones circumstances are different, just pointing out that taking a mental break isn’t unique to influencers! Nah haha it’s just a coincidence- combination of my first and middle name

Reactions: 1
I do really like meggan and her channel but her vlogs do often feel very repetitive and boring sometimes but i can understand that with lockdown it’s hard to create exciting content. just feel like there’s a lot of ‘sit down chats’ and for me personally, i feel like she adds in a little too much of the dogs, sometimes seems like we see them more than her in the video 😂

Has anyone seen her edit with boo and tee/Oh polly? Some of the stuff is really nice but it’s like 50 pound for some joggers. What a rip off!