Meggan Grubb

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If anyone gets the app let us know what it’s like please! Thinking about getting it x

Reactions: 3
If anyone gets the app let us know what it’s like please! Thinking about getting it x
I second this!

Was wondering if anyone had any reservations considering this app is through GenFlow who also produced GraceBevs terrible Shreddy app?

I ended up getting the app. It’s very buggy at the moment, the pages don’t stay in the one I’m on, and the workouts take a long time to load. Hopefully they’re easy fixes and will get ironed out. But I really do love the layout of them.

The recipes are from the good bite, and look good! It would be nice if it was stated how many portions they make though. 125g of uncooked rice is very different from 125g of a microwave packet etc. Not too sure if I need a recipe for banana on toast, hardly innovative 🤷‍♀️ but the idea is good and simple for someone looking for a quick snack idea?

Reactions: 2
Off topic from the app talk, but I’m always a bit surprised how low (relatively speaking) the views are on Megan’s vlogs. I know she’s not for everybody but I just find her so lovely and her vlogs so cosy, I feel like she should get more views?

Reactions: 8
There’s a free trial so I’ve downloaded it and it’s okay. I’m not a massive fan so far, I much much prefer Tone and Sculpt by Krissy Cela as that has much more content, recipes and is easier to use. Meggan’s workouts do look good though and the journal feature is really cute, I’m just not convinced it’s a game changer compared to Krissy’s app. It’s also veryyyy buggy at the moment, but I’m sure they’ll improve on that as it’s just come out

I might get her app too! Off topic but does anyone have the Taylor Kaytee glute builder 2 and is it good for building the bum?
It’s nothing social imo I don’t think guides are worth paying for given everything’s free online ... just type in Taylor Kaytee glute builder 2 pdf and you’ll find it for free online

Any ideas what her next announcement is going to be? I’m assuming maybe a partnership with boo&tee like a clothes line xx

Is it just me or does anyone else wish/hope Meggan will try Veganuary or going Veggie or something one year? She seems to absolutely adore her animals and she's super kind so part of me is surprised she isn't already!

Reactions: 4
Is it just me or does anyone else wish/hope Meggan will try Veganuary or going Veggie or something one year? She seems to absolutely adore her animals and she's super kind so part of me is surprised she isn't already!
I think it would make sense and maybe she could do it with Niall as he’s done a lot of vegan/veggie meals for his instagram, even if it was just one meal a day they were trying and not a full on challenge? That would be cool ☺

That would be great! 👍

Reactions: 1
Love Meg but so tired of all these click bait video titles...anyone else? I follow her on ig but not on YouTube anymore as I just find the vlogs boring now 😂 I do think she is a very genuine person though so no hate at all...it’s one of the few who I think remained true to themselves and their content

Reactions: 13
Love Meg but so tired of all these click bait video titles...anyone else? I follow her on ig but not on YouTube anymore as I just find the vlogs boring now 😂 I do think she is a very genuine person though so no hate at all...it’s one of the few who I think remained true to themselves and their content
Agree with you here. She's so lovely and genuine, I can't say a bad word against her. But I find her content boring 😩

Reactions: 5
What I find weird/frustrating is there are like
missed opportunities for vlog content? Meggan mentioned she did a big declutter and personally I love watching those, but she didn’t film it. But then declutter vids are best when they’re detailed and in the past Meggan puts “declutter/organise” in the title then puts most of it on a time lapse?
Or she could even do a wardrobe tour or favourite pieces, or a challenge (there’s a booktuber Lauren and the Books who does Outfits October where she dresses for daily prompts). I do think it would be interesting cause her style has evolved quite a bit in the last few years.
I don’t personally find the vlogs boring but there’s lots of things she could do because she’s mentioned a few times she’s run out of ideas.

Reactions: 7
I think she’s had some click bait titles in the past but not her most recent upload.

I’m really jealous of her life though but feel like you can’t dislike her. She seems really sweet.

I don’t think her blogs are as boring as they used to be. They’ve got so much better. She used to talk really slow in her old vlogs. Probably a confidence thing. She’s got so much better at make up too

Reactions: 7
I can’t believe she can wear just crop tops and cropped coats in the winter/snow!! 😩 I get cold just looking at her Instagram

Reactions: 4
Would love to know what happened with her old management! Just watching one of her old vlogs from February last year and she was saying she had planned releases up until next Valentine’s Day (as in Feb 2021) for Rather Peachy but that obviously went down the drain as she stopped doing Rather Peachy last year! And she always says something went down that was stressful for her with them but she can’t legally say anything about it

Would love to know what happened with her old management! Just watching one of her old vlogs from February last year and she was saying she had planned releases up until next Valentine’s Day (as in Feb 2021) for Rather Peachy but that obviously went down the drain as she stopped doing Rather Peachy last year! And she always says something went down that was stressful for her with them but she can’t legally say anything about it
She posted the attached tweets, which I think is as close as she’s gotten to talking about it.
Bit frustrating she’s legally not allowed to say more, maybe if it was a contract dispute when she managed to get out of it her management made it a condition she had to sign an NDA or something? lol I’m nosy and wish she could tell us.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
I've had the app for three weeks and here are my pros and cons (save the best for last, so cons go first):

Cons
  • It's very laggy on my iPhone 7. My phone hasn't got a lot of memory (inbuilt or left) though, so maybe that contributes to it. On the workouts, the timer & rep count/weight buttons are quite buggy and sometimes this gets the app stuck. This definitely gets in the way of how much I like and rate the app. Sometimes it's so laggy that I don't even bother using the app timer/inputting the weight I used.
    • Pro for this - when it does crash or get stuck, it never boots me out of the app/it never force closes. I never lose my workout progress.
  • You can't search for specific workouts.
  • Every so often, there's a really slight typo in the instructions (NOT a huge deal to me, but I know some people mind, professionalism etc..)
  • Even though it's by and large really good for this, there's a small number of exercises in the home guides that rely on owning a long resistance band. I wish she would have an alternative recommended for these exercises.
Pros

• The workouts are super easy to follow. There is usually a description and a demo for each move.
  • The home workouts are really good, especially given they're not reliant on you having heavy dumbbells at home:
    • I still get a good resistance workout using the home workouts despite having done heavy weights at the gym for two years.
    • The workouts don't rely on millions of reps - they aren't boring.
    • The workouts are still good even if you have no weights.
  • Meggan encourages you to be resourceful and doesn't use Beyond as an opportunity to sell you more stuff. Even where she recommends the use of a resistance band, she doesn't plug her products.
  • The workouts are a nice length of time - the standard long workout is 45 minutes.
  • There are a variety of workouts. It's not just 50 cardio/resistance workouts with the same structure.
  • She gives technique tips to help you get more out of what you're doing.
  • Doesn't go funny when you listen to music/leave the app during your workout.
  • The layout is nice.
  • It doesn't encourage you to 'get shreddy' or prioritise aesthetics.
  • The journalling function is quite nice - practising gratitude etc.. It helps build mindfulness into your day without being too time-consuming.
  • It's not in your face at all. The reminders to use it are encouraging without being annoying.
  • It doesn't guilt you for anything (*cough cough* Duolingo, my God that owl).
    • (Where Duolingo will say "you have broken my heart by not practising Spanish today" or "these notifications aren't working...", Beyond wishes me good luck for the week, tells me I've got this, tells me I've earned a break after working out, etc.. etc..)

My only issues with it so far are basically the tech issues. I would recommend it, especially during lockdown. Learning that this app was made by Genflow, like Shreddy, makes me appreciate that the tit bits in Shreddy (other than the lagginess of the app) aren't down to Genflow - it's down to the people that made the content/Grace. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I've had the app for three weeks and here are my pros and cons (save the best for last, so cons go first):

Cons
  • It's very laggy on my iPhone 7. My phone hasn't got a lot of memory (inbuilt or left) though, so maybe that contributes to it. On the workouts, the timer & rep count/weight buttons are quite buggy and sometimes gets the app stuck. This definitely gets in the way of how much I like and rate the app. Sometimes it's so laggy that I don't even bother using the app timer/inputting the weight I used.
    • Pro for this - when it does crash or get stuck, it never boots me out of the app/it never force closes. I never lose my workout progress.
  • You can't search for specific workouts.
  • Every so often, there's a really slight typo in the instructions (NOT a huge deal to me, but I know some people mind, professionalism etc..)
  • Even though it's by and large really good for this, there's a small number of exercises in the home guides that rely on owning a long resistance band. I wish she would have an alternative recommended for these exercises.
Pros

• The workouts are super easy to follow. There is usually a description and a demo for each move.
  • The home workouts are really good, especially given they're not reliant on you having heavy dumbbells at home:
    • I still get a good resistance workout using the home workouts despite having done heavy weights at the gym for two years.
    • The workouts don't rely on millions of reps - they aren't boring.
    • The workouts are still good even if you have no weights.
  • Meggan encourages you to be resourceful and doesn't use Beyond as an opportunity to sell you more stuff. Even where she recommends the use of a resistance band, she doesn't plug her products.
  • The workouts are a nice length of time - the standard long workout is 45 minutes.
  • There are a variety of workouts. It's not just 50 cardio/resistance workouts with the same structure.
  • She gives technique tips to help you get more out of what you're doing.
  • Doesn't go funny when you listen to music/leave the app during your workout.
  • The layout is nice.
  • It doesn't encourage you to 'get shreddy' or prioritise aesthetics.
  • The journalling function is quite nice - practising gratitude etc.. It helps build mindfulness into your day without being too time-consuming.
  • It's not in your face at all. The reminders to use it are encouraging without being annoying.
  • It doesn't guilt you for anything (*cough cough* Duolingo, my God that owl).

My only issues with it so far are basically the tech issues. I would recommend it, especially during lockdown. Learning that this app was made by Genflow, like Shreddy, makes me appreciate that the tit bits in Shreddy (other than the lagginess of the app) aren't down to Genflow - it's down to the people that made it/Grace. Hope this helps!
Thanks for this! It’s encouraging that Meggan seems so dedicated to making the app the best it can be, so I hope in time the cons you mentioned will be smoothed out.