Megan Rose Lane

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone posted this in another thread and I couldn't stop laughing.
I'm sure he dealt with many of Megan's meltdowns and thought this!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
20210130_134226.jpg

Blimey she looks awful in this pic. The massive granny knickers look like she's got a huge blood stain working their way up them 😆 I don't get how she reviewed that image and thought 'Yep that's one I definitely want to share with strangers'. Odd.

• Wow
  • Haha
I feel like she does it on purpose to push the whole ‘real woman’ agenda!
Agreed. And ironically I’m all onboard for body positivity , but Jesus woman if you’re going to parade yourself in front of 200k strangers and leave a lasting imprint on the internet, get a pair of pants that flatter you (the style and colour are awful on her) and at least try and work your angles a bit 🤪 It’s like she’s deliberately trying to make herself look bad 🤷‍♀️ She’s, hmm,a healthy size 14? She looks way bigger in that pic.

Reactions: 6
View attachment 410190
Blimey she looks awful in this pic. The massive granny knickers look like she's got a huge blood stain working their way up them 😆 I don't get how she reviewed that image and thought 'Yep that's one I definitely want to share with strangers'. Odd.
Hahahah to me it looks like she's got pubes and armpit hair in all the brown spots. This collection is actually ugly lol. I'm guessing she's advertising the sex toy though?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Hahahah to me it looks like she's got pubes and armpit hair in all the brown spots. This collection is actually ugly lol. I'm guessing she's advertising the sex toy though?
Omg I looked at this thread earlier and didn’t even notice the vibrator! The underwear is so distracting.

• Haha
Omg I looked at this thread earlier and didn’t even notice the vibrator! The underwear is so distracting.
I must admit I only noticed it because when I originally opened the page only the last quarter of the image was visible! The underwear largely takes away from it, what a hideous set!

Reactions: 2
I think the comments around her appearance here are disappointing.

Not trying to moderate here just point out she does a lot for body positivity (or at least tries to)

She’s often telling people to celebrate their bodies for what they do for us not how they look. She does put energy into trying to get peoples minds away from toxic/damaging portrayals of women and how the media and social media create unrealistic expectations of women as to what’s acceptable and how they ‘should’ look.

I just don’t like calling someone out for their appearance in any case but especially someone who does do a lot to reassure others to be body confident.

Also she’s getting called out here for not working her angles or trying to make herself look the most attractive she can, yet when she is preaching her body positivity she gets called out for being skinny and attractive (read earlier entries on this thread)

Anyway that’s my two cents and to be honest my ‘issue’ with her is her dishonesty or contradictory behaviour/messages.

Like I’m pretty sure there’s a filter on the first photo as was there on the post the other day in which she was working out, the cover photo clearly had a filter on. So please if you are going to raise an issue and state you’re not going to feed into a problem, please don’t.

I do think she has a negative self image and I worry she’s taking money from other women to help them but I don’t think her learnings have managed to help her so far. Obviously this is just my opinion and I could well be wrong.

Similarly (and what brought me to this thread) is that she advertises herself, or used to at least, as a female empowerment coach yet she still seems to subscribe to unfair gender stereotypes. One that sticks out is accusing women of being gossips. Some women are yes, but so are some men so why reinforce an unfair, negative stereotype of women? I’ve also seen her like a comment referring to women as ‘bad mouth witches’...not really empowering to women is it?

Now I know I’ve posted on this thread, once about a dishonest post of hers and another around her selling used knickers - because I do think that is gross which is why you can’t return underwear or bikini bottoms to a shop, but I don’t think anyone deserves to be judged on their appearance especially someone who does their best to end scrutiny of appearances.

Anyway not throwing shade here at all not saying any of you are wrong to have an opinion, you’re certainly not, but this is my opinion anyway. ✌

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don’t think there has been any shade on her body - just on that awful underwear set. It may look amazing on certain skin tones etc but it looks bad on her 🤷‍♀️

If anything it’s the opposite, she purposely wears that underwear, purposely slouches to make herself appear bigger and purposely pulls ‘ugly’ faces to do 2 things ...
1. She hopes that people will comment in a negative way so she can share the comments and get more engagement
2. To over emphasise the women empowerment piece and make herself appear different from the usual influencer crowd when we know that she’s a very attractive lady with a nice figure!

Reactions: 12
If anything it’s the opposite, she purposely wears that underwear, purposely slouches to make herself appear bigger and purposely pulls ‘ugly’ faces to do 2 things ...
1. She hopes that people will comment in a negative way so she can share the comments and get more engagement
2. To over emphasise the women empowerment piece and make herself appear different from the usual influencer crowd when we know that she’s a very attractive lady with a nice figure!
I agree. She knows and we all know she is conventionally very attractive. I feel like sometimes the “ugly” poses feel forced to make her appear more relatable amongst the body positive community. I do still really like her though (especially when she’s not going on too much about crystals and journaling😂)

Reactions: 10
I think the comments around her appearance here are disappointing.

Not trying to moderate here just point out she does a lot for body positivity (or at least tries to)

She’s often telling people to celebrate their bodies for what they do for us not how they look. She does put energy into trying to get peoples minds away from toxic/damaging portrayals of women and how the media and social media create unrealistic expectations of women as to what’s acceptable and how they ‘should’ look.

I just don’t like calling someone out for their appearance in any case but especially someone who does do a lot to reassure others to be body confident.

Also she’s getting called out here for not working her angles or trying to make herself look the most attractive she can, yet when she is preaching her body positivity she gets called out for being skinny and attractive (read earlier entries on this thread)

Anyway that’s my two cents and to be honest my ‘issue’ with her is her dishonesty or contradictory behaviour/messages.

Like I’m pretty sure there’s a filter on the first photo as was there on the post the other day in which she was working out, the cover photo clearly had a filter on. So please if you are going to raise an issue and state you’re not going to feed into a problem, please don’t.

I do think she has a negative self image and I worry she’s taking money from other women to help them but I don’t think her learnings have managed to help her so far. Obviously this is just my opinion and I could well be wrong.

Similarly (and what brought me to this thread) is that she advertises herself, or used to at least, as a female empowerment coach yet she still seems to subscribe to unfair gender stereotypes. One that sticks out is accusing women of being gossips. Some women are yes, but so are some men so why reinforce an unfair, negative stereotype of women? I’ve also seen her like a comment referring to women as ‘bad mouth witches’...not really empowering to women is it?

Now I know I’ve posted on this thread, once about a dishonest post of hers and another around her selling used knickers - because I do think that is gross which is why you can’t return underwear or bikini bottoms to a shop, but I don’t think anyone deserves to be judged on their appearance especially someone who does their best to end scrutiny of appearances.

Anyway not throwing shade here at all not saying any of you are wrong to have an opinion, you’re certainly not, but this is my opinion anyway. ✌
I don't really care what she looks like. I do agree with you that she sends out very mixed messages and because of that I wonder just how much she truly does contribute to body positivity. I think there's a lot of manipulation goes on with, not just her but many influencer posts and that can be quite harmful to some people who can't see it for what it is.

Reactions: 4
I don’t think there has been any shade on her body - just on that awful underwear set. It may look amazing on certain skin tones etc but it looks bad on her 🤷‍♀️
Yeaaaaaah most of the comment were about how unflattering the underwear was, like not even on her body just the general design.
So I have to agree with this comment lol.

OP wrote a whole essay that at all of us, when you could have just quoted the person who commented on her appearance.

True. I mean there’s only so much content possible for these instagrammers. Constant regurgitation and repetition of the same message and then contradiction of others.

Another contradiction the other week she was saying how the voice in her head is so kind to her. Yet the year before mentioned how she has no internal voice or monologue...erm how’s it kind then?

Most of the time Megan is too lazy to even reword her readings or put her own spin on them. She literally quotes other people’s intellectual property word for word but pushes it as her own...I hate hearing her say ‘you are the universe expressing itself as a human for a while’

Heard the exact same things so many times from so many other sources.

I would absolutely love to know what these people who were ‘accepted’ everyone who applied to her Thrive programme for £400 a pop are actually getting from it. I would honestly make an assumption that it’s all stuff she’s read from books totalling £100 that they could’ve bought for themselves.

It’s honestly exploitative when it becomes someones career because they can’t admit when they’ve:
- preeched something that they no longer agree with
-ran out of content

or

when the realise their teachings don’t work and they’re unhappy

because that’s their career over.

I don't really care what she looks like. I do agree with you that she sends out very mixed messages and because of that I wonder just how much she truly does contribute to body positivity. I think there's a lot of manipulation goes on with, not just her but many influencer posts and that can be quite harmful to some people who can't see it for what it is.

Reactions: 9
It's one thing being dishonest but she seems manipulative... Which is something to say. Also she uses her daughter in lot of ads etc. Might as well get an actual job instead of spreading false positivity nuisance when your own life is otherwise a mess.

Reactions: 4
I’ve noticed she’s so short/unkind to people who respond to her in her comments with anything other than:

“YAS QWWEEEEN”🥳❤🎉🤩🥰😜🔥

And although according to her (or someone who’s book she’s read) self reflection and recognition of our flaws is essential to growth she really doesn’t take constructive criticism or healthy challenges to her views on board.

She deletes SO many comments and I’m not talking about nasty ones just anything which challenges her viewpoint or stance. I really don’t think she has the ability to respond to people or engage in an adult debate because all of her content is regurgitated from something she’s read and so if someone attempts to discuss further she’s got nothing to say. Either that or she’s simply rude.

Spoiler Megan, just because you’ve read something in a book and spouted it online doesn’t make it true🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I feel like lots of these ‘influencers’ should change their job titles to ‘Chief Comment Deletion Officer’ ... it must take up so much of their day!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Has anyone noticed the stories she’s been posting with positive reviews of Thrive?

There’s be all of 5 I think. Am I being paranoid or has she only put these on her story since I posted on here saying I’d love to know what people thought of it? 🤣

I didn’t mean made up reviews from you Megan 🤣

If anyone bar Megan rose lane herself could tell us on here if they’ve done the Thrive course and if it genuinely helped or just robbed them of £400 to listen to some quotes and learn about journaling I’d be grateful 🙏