McFly, Busted and wives #6 James might expire on the spot, Dougies wouldn't pay for a Soundcheck slot

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The gatekeeping in this fandom is absolutely barmy. I saw a tiktok from a teenager saying that grown adults were picking on her because she hasn’t been there since the beginning…she wasn’t even born then!! If I see anyone take that attitude with my teenager (who is a massive McFly and busted fan), I’m taking heads off.

Why are people fighting over these old men who’s careers are very much on the decline? Crazy. Crazy girls.

Reactions: 6
Her ex boyfriend made a post about it blaming mcfly and calling them predators for allowing the behaviour. Personally I think mcflys job is record music, release it, and play live shows. Anything they do in their personal life could make them look bad (as in meeting fans on their day off) they'll be nice to fans even if they are displaying creepy behaviour because it's unofficially part of the job. I don't see how them being nice to Connie makes them predators
Agreed that they aren't "predators" but I think that encouragement of these OTT and deluded superfans is a bit irresponsible. These people wrap their whole self worth in the celebs they follow and effectively enter a cult-like state which can lead to delusion and ultimately disappointment and depression if the interaction stops. I don't think they need to stop promotion or fan interaction, they just need to stop giving people like Connie the level of interaction and attention that she's getting. It's more than is needed to look down-to-earth and approachable but less than she really wants which creates the delusion factor for her.

Looking at Connie's socials, she's clearly quite unhappy - the posts about her late mum suggest that she feels quite alone and lonely, and she's obviously had a lot to deal with for a long time. Couple this with a clearly obsessive personality (not just Mcfly but also snooker) and a need for validation from strangers, and you've got a potential ticking timebomb of depression or stalking waiting to happen. For example, if Mcfly were to break up and/or she had to stop playing snooker because of injury - yes, she could find a new source of affection in new bands etc, but just as easily she could end up with absolutely nothing to focus on and totally depressed.

I also don't think it reflects well on them as a band that they need to encourage people like this. As a more casual fan of their music, the drama and bullshit would really put me off bothering to buy meet and greet tickets, or more expensive VIP options etc as i wouldnt want to associate with people like this. The gatekeeping and bitching is unpleasant and shouldn't be encouraged.

Reactions: 8
I don’t want to be mean but the vocals were so flat on that melody on comic relief what’s Tom trying to be he just gave me the ick trying to be buddy holly mate 🤣

Reactions: 1
I don’t want to be mean but the vocals were so flat on that melody on comic relief what’s Tom trying to be he just gave me the ick trying to be buddy holly mate 🤣
Toms vocals have just gone, it happens when some performers get older. It’s a shame they’ve given him a place on the voice!

I am confused where this gatekeeping and encouragement that McFly are doing has come from. This is all based on what Connie and the weird fans post. None of its real? She is just posting, it’s clearly made up.

3/4 McFly are married with children and aren’t interested in fans who are desperate that they turn up on every corner

Reactions: 3
McFLY aren't to blame at all for this weird individual. I think they are just nice to their fans, and yes I bet in private they talk about how creepy and weird she is, but they would never say that to a fans face. Arguing with fans is not a good look.
The problem is who can stop her? Who is the person that tells her, NO, you shouldn't be staying at every hotel as them on tour, they need their private time. NO, you shouldn't follow them around when they're trying to go to a restaurant and NO, you are not the biggest McFLY fan, nor are you anywhere close just because you stalk them, you're actually very low down in the chain.

The sense of self entitlement is just that, self, self proclaimed. It'll take fans at their gigs to say no you can't just push to the front, and then representations of the band to say no, let them have their private time.

I do think, however, charging fans £100 for a soundcheck is complete exploitation of these types of fans, that they know will pay it, which is an absolute disgrace on their part.

Reactions: 14
I am confused where this gatekeeping and encouragement that McFly are doing has come from. This is all based on what Connie and the weird fans post. None of its real? She is just posting, it’s clearly made up.

3/4 McFly are married with children and aren’t interested in fans who are desperate that they turn up on every corner
It happens with every band (or fandom in general) tbh. There's always fans who need to 'one up' others or who feel entitled to a band just because they do more/spend more than most can.

In a space where everybody all loves the same thing, certain fans feel like they have to 'prove' that they love it more than you do because 'X knows me' or 'I was at X shows' 'I've been around since x' 🙄 It's all about self validation because there's no actual value in being a 'dedicated' fan except to OTHER fans. Vast majority of people in day-to-day life couldn't give two hoots that you walked beside a band guy or that a guitarist remembers your name bc it's all kinda meaningless unless you're emotionally invested.

Reactions: 9
I find it amusing all these weird groupies who hang around obsessed, all these years later. Girl if he wanted you, he would of had you years ago they were known for sleeping with fans and doing drugs with them, I’ve heard so many wild stories from friends, esp Danny. He probably just accepts it because she gives him money at the end of the day!

I find it amusing all these weird groupies who hang around obsessed, all these years later. Girl if he wanted you, he would of had you years ago they were known for sleeping with fans and doing drugs with them, I’ve heard so many wild stories from friends, esp Danny. He probably just accepts it because she gives him money at the end of the day!
Errrmmm tea please! ☕ ☕ ☕ 🫖

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Danny's too nice to say anything to her. I don't agree with the comment about them encouraging it. Loads of celebrities have that one creepy fan that goes above and beyond, and stalks them. Mcfly don't know what's going on in Connie's personal life so they shouldn't be seen as the ones at fault who encourage it. Look at it from their POV. They go to the studio to work, and she's there. They finish an interview and she's there. They leave a hotel and she's there. They don't know (or care) about half the things she does or says that other fans complain about

Reactions: 4
I think they do encourage her by following her and wishing her a happy birthday etc. all fans should be treated the same and ones who literally stalk them shouldn’t be rewarded for it

Reactions: 5
I think they do encourage her by following her and wishing her a happy birthday etc. all fans should be treated the same and ones who literally stalk them shouldn’t be rewarded for it
it’s not encouraging! They are just nice guys

McFly follow a lot of fans, she isn’t anything special

it’s not encouraging! They are just nice guys

McFly follow a lot of fans, she isn’t anything special
That’s your opinion. Her behaviour is clearly concerning and by following her on socials and tweeting her it’s validating her behaviour

Reactions: 9
Yeah i have to agree, I'm surprised they've not been advised not to engage. Even the most basic friendliness/engagement can be seen as something else by the obsessive fan. It's the danger of parasocial relationships

Reactions: 8
They interact with a lot of pages but you're just noticing Connie's more because of how vocal she is about it
---
They interact with a lot of pages but you're just noticing Connie's more because of how vocal she is about it

Reactions: 1
No real opinion on the Connie thing, but McFly do bleed their fans dry to an unethical degree.