Maura Higgins

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yewande just came across like she didn't get the concept of going on love Island, its a dating show, you're only there for a couple of weeks, you need to understand that you have to be up for getting to know people quickly but she was there keeping the only fella who was interested in her at a distance and then she's shocked and annoyed when he goes off with another girl who actually wanted to get to know him

Reactions: 44
Thank you, yep massive show of support. Wouldn’t have expected that from Maura
Mauras support doesn’t surprise me. This is the same person that exclaimed in joy when Greg arrived in the villa because “finally there’s another Irish” meanwhile Yewande had been in the villa the whole time....

Hmm wonder why she didn’t perceive Yewande as Irish🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Mauras support doesn’t surprise me. This is the same person that exclaimed in joy when Greg arrived in the villa because “finally there’s another Irish” meanwhile Yewande had been in the villa the whole time....

Is Yewande from NI or the republic?

Reactions: 1
Is Yewande from NI or the republic?
Republic - i think either Dublin or Leixslip.

To be fair to Maura, Yewande was very uptight and definetely didnt have the typical irish humour. I think thats what Maura was looking for in Greg then!

Reactions: 24

Sure Maura and Greg were on the late late show not yewande

Reactions: 4
Republic - i think either Dublin or Leixslip.

To be fair to Maura, Yewande was very uptight and definetely didnt have the typical irish humour. I think thats what Maura was looking for in Greg then!
That's what I thought aswell. The 2 girls just didn't click, I didn't think it was anything to do with race on Maura's part. That said, I didn't like the blatant support for Lucie. Whether there was racist intent behind what she did or not , she had quite obviously made Yewande feel uncomfortable and disrespected in the villa. That's something to acknowledge and apologise for if you're a mature, considerate person, not flip the switch and try to make yourself out to be the victim.

Reactions: 22
Yewande and her not clicking in the villa doesn’t really justify it imo. Lucie knew what she was doing and Maura only helped her out.

Reactions: 17

im not defending her or anything, but she did perceive Yewande as Irish, first night she arrived, one of the speed dates (I think the one with Tommy), she said she can't wait to meet Yewande because she's Irish. I just think they didn't click as friends later on, which is fair enough, not everyone is going to click

Reactions: 12
im not defending her or anything, but she did perceive Yewande as Irish, first night she arrived, one of the speed dates (I think the one with Tommy), she said she can't wait to meet Yewande because she's Irish. I just think they didn't click as friends later on, which is fair enough, not everyone is going to click
Yeah theyre chalk and cheese. Genuinely cant fathom a conversation between them

Reactions: 6
Also it seems like we don’t know the full story between Lucie and Yewande (not defending the name incident on Lucies side) but let’s remember Yewende was friends with Amber and Ana who are were CLEARLY very bitchy and not very nice girls either so .... why is it ok for Yewende to receive support from her friends but Lucie not receive support from hers? Yes what Lucie did was bad with the name but we don’t know what has gone on since... I would expect my friends to support me even after I’ve made a mistake or misjudgment

Reactions: 17
Also it seems like we don’t know the full story between Lucie and Yewande (not defending the name incident on Lucies side) but let’s remember Yewende was friends with Amber and Ana who are were CLEARLY very bitchy and not very nice girls either so .... why is it ok for Yewende to receive support from her friends but Lucie not receive support from hers? Yes what Lucie did was bad with the name but we don’t know what has gone on since... I would expect my friends to support me even after I’ve made a mistake or misjudgment
Cannot stand either of them!

Reactions: 2
omg Yewande was so annoying! I found her soooo rude, especially when danny was trying to explain himself for going off with someone else and Yewande was cutting him off trying to be all bad. Like if you had not been so cold he might have acted differently. I cringed so much when she went and sat on his lap when he was talking to someone else, like you could tell they just hadn’t built up that comfortable relationship, it was so awkward. I liked Maura cos she just said it how it was, there was no fakeness and she should up for people when she felt she needed to. I didn’t like Lucie so much for some reason, just felt like she was a bit disrecptful to Molly over Tommy. Anna was vile, Amber was up herself but also felt sorry for her a bit - classic acts all hard to get but it’s a cover up for not wanting to appear vulnerable

Thing is none of this was necessary. Whatever you may think of her Yewande had kept this in for 2 years and showed no signs of ever wanting to air all this publicly until Lucie decided to randomly call Yewande a bully to get some attention and make the press. It backfired when Yewande revealed all this about Lucie's treatment of her and how the show's staff sympathised with her yet nonetheless pushed it aside which probably deserves to be discussed too. Even more needless is that Maura decided support to Lucie. It's not like her and Lucie are even close anymore so why she felt she had to give comfort to her when she was not a victim in this situation. A lot of people felt that Lucie had thrown Maura under the bus by publicly showing the flowers Maura sent her but then Maura shared it to her stories too. She definitely wants people to know that she sides with Lucie on this and I'm sorry but just questionable behavior.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Thing is none of this was necessary. Whatever you may think of her Yewande had kept this in for 2 years and showed no signs of ever wanting to air all this publicly until Lucie decided to randomly call Yewande a bully to get some attention and make the press. It backfired when Yewande revealed all this about Lucie's treatment of her and how the show's staff sympathised with her yet nonetheless pushed it aside which probably deserves to be discussed too. Even more needless is that Maura decided support to Lucie. It's not like her and Lucie are even close anymore so why she felt she had to give comfort to her when she was not a victim in this situation. A lot of people felt that Lucie had thrown Maura under the bus by publicly showing the flowers Maura sent her but then Maura shared it to her stories too. She definitely wants people to know that she sides with Lucie on this and I'm sorry but just questionable behavior.
you’re very clearly taking sides though ...I’m saying we don’t know what went on away from the spotlight which we don’t ... maybe Yewande has snubbed Lucie or was a cow in LI too.... at the end of the day Maura sent flowers to her friend... that’s being supportive and loyal DESPITE the fact that ye her friends messed up ... maybe Maura and her are close behind doors or maybe not anymore but she felt she wanted to show that even though they’re not close anymore that she is there for her.. we’re getting sidetracked...objectively it is Maura’s prerogative to support her friend in a tough time (whoever was in the wrong) fair enough if people think that’s shady but it was more than ok for Amber and Ana to pipe up across Twitter in show of their support to Yewande! My point is I don’t think Maura should be ostracised for sending flowers to her mate... I don’t see how it’s questionable

Reactions: 7
Instead of Lucie saying sorry, she victimised herself and basically said a microaggression wasn’t a big deal lol. The implication of the situation has really bad effects on black women and all she needed to do was acknowledge that and apologise imo. It doesn’t matter how ‘bitchy’ they were, it’s racist. I don’t get why she needs to be sent flowers because apparently being held accountable nowadays is now bullying💀?? I just find it stupid and strategic

you’re very clearly taking sides though ...I’m saying we don’t know what went on away from the spotlight which we don’t ... maybe Yewande has snubbed Lucie or was a cow in LI too.... at the end of the day Maura sent flowers to her friend... that’s being supportive and loyal DESPITE the fact that ye her friends messed up ... maybe Maura and her are close behind doors or maybe not anymore but she felt she wanted to show that even though they’re not close anymore that she is there for her.. we’re getting sidetracked...objectively it is Maura’s prerogative to support her friend in a tough time (whoever was in the wrong) fair enough if people think that’s shady but it was more than ok for Amber and Ana to pipe up across Twitter in show of their support to Yewande! My point is I don’t think Maura should be ostracised for sending flowers to her mate... I don’t see how it’s questionable
I'm sure Maura will be fine. A friend of mine once said Maura was like Teflon, nothing sticks to her but in reality controversy both in and out of the villa has the weird effect of making her more popular. This is the first thing which has even slightly dented her and even then I'm sure the worst that will happen is her losing a handful of followers. I think there's a big difference in Amber, Ana and Amy jumping to the defense of their friend who was a victim of racism vs Maura who at the very least is showing solidarity with someone who is being called out for doing something racist. Lucie has been involved in a number of public spats since leaving the villa; with Amber for kissing Joe. with Joe and his new girlfriend who was her ex best friend, with Demi because there was an alleged overlap in in their relationships with Luke M but as far as we know she's never felt the need to publicly back up Lucie. Frankly it's bizarre that this is the issue which she felt she had to do something. It's not like Lucie is short of defenders anyway she has the Daily Mail set backing her up.

Instead of Lucie saying sorry, she victimised herself and basically said a microaggression wasn’t a big deal lol. The implication of the situation has really bad effects on black women and all she needed to do was acknowledge that and apologise imo. It doesn’t matter how ‘bitchy’ they were, it’s racist. I don’t get why she needs to be sent flowers because apparently being held accountable nowadays is now bullying💀?? I just find it stupid and strategic
Putting aside that this was a controversy entirely of Lucie's own making all she had to do was apoligise, say something like she had learned from experience and would never do it again or perhaps just ignore it and saying nothing. I don't know if I'm entirely comfortable calling Lucie a racist like I wasn't when people were calling Francesca one for her ultra-stereotypical Mexican impression but their need to dig their heels in just makes them look worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I don't agree with Lucie on how she acted toward yewande. But dear god yewande was boring. She really did not seem to grasp the concept of love island. How she got to the show I will never understand. She was zero craic and I don't think Anna,amber or Amy came across as particularly fun either. I think Maura probably thought yewande was up her own arse and didn't bother with her.

Reactions: 11
Its backfired on Lucie she clearly wants to stay relevant 🙄. She was hardly dynamic in the villa but Maura sending flowers to someone she never really seems to have kept close is odd and odd she reshared the story is she looking for a press scoop on the situation.

Yewande was the most detached on their honestly gave the vibe she felt they were all beneath her.

Reactions: 9
I don’t like Lucie, Yewande or Maura very much either way 😂 or Ana and Amber for that matter!!! They all seem like idiots if you ask me! They prob all gave their two pence for a few column inches

Reactions: 3
Who remembers when Danny asked yewande to show him a bit more affection/ a bit more interest, then Arabella came in and yewande SAT on Danny in front of arabella, just during a random convo in the garden hahahah. So awkward and funny! 😂😂😂

My opinion on the whole lucie and yewande thing is this... they’re both right. Lucie was being racist and prejudice by asking yewande if she could call her something else. I don’t think she realised how offensive she was being at the time. Alot of people don’t realise they’re being racist with certain passive aggressive words and actions but hopefully with BLM they’ll realise that incidents like that aren’t ok. I also think that yewande didnt come across well and that whole group of girls weren’t nice (amber, Anna, yewande and Amy). They did come across as bullies. They had a go at lucie for not spending time with them when she was with the boys. All those scenes where the girls are bitching about her and making her cry then saying “it’s just because we want to get to know you more/spend time with you” are so uncomfortable to watch. Amy was the main one shown in the show as a bully. Amber also had her moments when yewande left and she got really confrontational and quite nasty with Danny. He handled it really well.

Ultimately they all didn’t get on. But I do think lucie should apologise to Yewande for the name incident and yewande should be the bigger person, accept it then they both agree to not speak about each other again.

• Heart
Reactions: 12