Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Callous

Her outfit looked awful at the NTAs - leave a little to the imagination. Not at all classy
Most of the press seem to disagree. She's on the best dressed lists with most of them.
I think her gold TV choice awards outfit, is still her best look (her first awards show after leaving the villa).

• Sick
Reactions: 4

pipmaccc

People going on about Chris and Maura being such great friends is annoying. They met summer 2019. They got together the following year for 6 months during COVID.
they weren’t exactly bffs for 20 years who ruined a life long friendship over it.
All the armchair psychologists going on about it as if families have been uprooted by the split 🤣🤣
Your other comment got removed 👀🤣

Reactions: 3

Jobmat

I think they would be making more of it if it was PR - that photo from the hotel wouldn’t have been withdrawn so quickly and though they both showed shots at the euros they didn’t show each other. I could be wrong but I think it’s a ‘proper’ thing. Whether it becomes a relationship is another matter.

With him touring and then strictly and her in Ireland it’s hard to work out how either has the time for a nascent relationship, especially as some of this work will presumably mean long period in covid restrictions.

Last edited:

Msdurden

So the Samantha Jones tik tok about the guy with the small peepee, do we think she's broken up with the felle?
Chris Hemsworths trainer?
The small peepee seems oddly specific & it's not a trendy sound that everyone is doing 🤔

Callous

So she’s leaving London for a long time…
I guess it must be the fruition of the talks she had with NBC/Universal a couple months back (as she's back in LA).

It might be Love Island related ...as NBC/Universal owns the streaming service that airs Love Island USA (which starts next week, on July 18th) & the upcoming 'Love Island Games'..

..or it could be something else entirely.

It's interesting that she expects to be away for "a long time" ....

...as that isn't the sort of language you'd tend to use if appearing as a contestant on a reality show, where you could be voted off within a week..

lockdown sux

VIP Member
How much did they get paid for those photos I wonder ?
They don’t show anything really just people talking ,who know photos are being taken of them in a club.
Sloppy photography I think. I expected more from the first photos 🧐🧐

Knight of Galador

Chatty Member
What went on in the villa isn't relevant to how much coverage they get outside of it. After all Amber Gill won the whole thing she was clearly the most popular islander at the time but she pretty much disapeared after she and Greg split.

Maura and Curtis got near constant coverage in the press of them being paparazzied out on dates, their Instagram stories. Everytime either of them were spotted with other people of the opposite sex there were implications they were cheating or had secretly split. They also both secured some pretty big TV gigs. Press attention doesn't equal popularity but that's not what we're talking about here.

Knight of Galador

Chatty Member
I don't care about her romantic history - they were both single, so fine. I am more interested in the PR dimensions - he has always been more private so the co-ordinated PR launch is interesting. I guess for an influencer every aspect of your life has to be part of your brand strategy.
I'm a Strictly fan but don't follow the pros out of season but I've seen some Giovanni fans saying that he's been doing some attention grabbing things recently so this may be his new MO. I get the impression that Strictly is cycling out some of it's pros so the savvier ones are securing other gigs and upping their celeb status before a potential axe. Some of them have already moved on and even someone new-ish and popular like Oti has decided she has only one more year in her before she ends it.

I liked Maura and Chris together too. I hope they can still be friends after awhile. They did seem to be really good friends before they got together.
I doubt they'll ever be how they used to be. That's the folly of going from friends to lovers. It's always going to be a bit weird particularly for the dumped one and that's before getting into the more problematic nature of their relationship.

yaye

I’m quite surprised that’s he with Maura, I saw him not so long ago with Ranvir Singh at an amusement park! Didn’t think he was Mauras type!

Knight of Galador

Chatty Member
The whole reporting on Maura and Giovanni seems more than a little reminiscent of the how the press initially reported on speculation she was hooking up with Chris. Remember the very staged looking pap shots of him of gleefully strutting out of her flat during the first lockdown with 'sources close to Maura and Chris' describing their budding romance.

A genuine romance may or may not have eventually developed between them (after she tried dating Bradley James) but there's little doubt in my mind that all the hyping up of a potential romance between them was a way to deflect from the negative stories about Maura being the cause of the breakdown of her Dancing On Ice partner's marriage and to keep her and Chris relevant during a time that would have otherwise been difficult. Truth is Maura herself is incredibly media savvy and she's with a management that is very well connected to the press and has even pushed former islanders to engage in a sham romances.

The blogger who tweeted about seeing two Love Islanders and a Strictly pro in Cornwall didn't even see Maura and Giovanni together. Why would the press be so adamant that and a couple of instagram likes meant they were together (on balance you'd more immediately assume she was there with a fellow Islander) unless someone from Maura or Giovanni's camp was tipping them off?

There is also the fact that all this runs very contrary to how Maura has incessantly described herself. After a break up she needs a long time to heal and doesn't get into new relationships straight away. That she's a relationship girl that doesn't casually date or have flings. If this relationship with Giovanni is the real deal it seems Maura is full of sh*t and if it is PR driven...well she's still full of sh*t but in a different way.

Last edited: