Matt Haig

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Actual books that helped me with depression

overcoming depression by paul Gilbert. Can be found on the books by prescription scheme as well if it still goes on

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m loving how this thread is growing and more members are joining in. We all see this charlatan for the snake oil salesman he his. My only hope is that eventually one of his new book releases flops, because while they are all bestsellers (cannot understand why🤬) he will merrily continue on his massive, yet fragile, ego trip.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
He asks for advice about mosquito bites his daughter got (why?), anyway amongst the hundreds of pleasant helpful replies he singles out a rather silly sarky one.
Will he never ever listen to his own advice?
And Btw when young black men are receiving racist abuse and death threats to call the twitter atmosphere 'rude' seems quite astonishing.

• Angry
Reactions: 10
turned up on my twitter feed

20210713_184045.jpg

also, so nice to see more people interacting with this thread, especially on party hat day!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think "I said a silly thing and now I'm being bullied!" is the subtext here

20210713_201226.jpg

aaand, I do believe here he is admitting he's thick as pig tit

Screenshot_20210713-190509_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
If he stopped being a twit we wouldn’t have a thread about him.

Why don’t these narcissistic idiots realise that when they are criticised it is because they are writing things that are offensive.

I am pissed off today. Davina McCall posted something which could be viewed at one end of the scale at missing the mark completely and at the other just goes to show her privilege and is harmful to many groups of people.

Edit- she has now deleted the post but I am still angry. Maybe I will write a short passage on clouds.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Finally signed up after lurking for several months because I’m pissed about the therapy tweet. It’s insulting to those of us who are desperate for it but can’t access it due to long waiting lists on the NHS and cost for private therapy.

He’s such a twit and isn’t helping himself at all. All he’s doing is turning more people against him. Not because he’s been suicidal but because he’s a twit.

I want to say I did read Reasons To Stay Alive several years ago while my depression was especially bad during an abusive relationship and it truly did give me some hope. I’ll always be grateful for it.

He’s in no place whatsoever to be a mental health advocate because of his ignorance of conditions outside depression and refusal to listen.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Clouds (Tunnel’s version)

You don’t have see things in clouds like the Insta crowd do. You don’t have to remember all the names of the different clouds like Cumulonimbus and Stratus. Sometimes you just have to be grateful for a cloud when it stops you sweating like a clammy mess when the North East of the U.K. is hotter than Mount Doom. Hold on for the clouds. Hold on for the Cirrus.

• Haha
Reactions: 8