Matt Haig

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I absolutely stan Mollie Goodfellow, her take down of this was just *chef's kiss*. He's such a prize bellend.
yeah, love her too. the goats on her walks, her silly little car, the Thursday roast chicken... I actually bought a big gingham midi dress because she looks so good in hers! 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 6
nice little quote you've got there, haigy

20210712_210811.jpg

it would be a shame if someone searched twitter for those exact words and found precisely 2 tweets

20210712_211951.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Wtaf is wrong with him?
He is so thinskinned and just plain wrong about so much. Baffling he feels qualified to advise anyone ever on mental health. And monetise it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
still going...
20210712_220621.jpg

20210712_220320.jpg

but still has time to reply to/retweet pretty young women 🥴

20210712_220502.jpg

20210712_220530.jpg
20210712_221011.jpg

honestly, andrea, take his phone away! this is embarrassing!

anyway, to finish the day, he's chosen this. evidently checking his stats and can work it into his narrative of the day. what a bleeping day

Screenshot_20210712-221957_Twitter.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
still going...
View attachment 659896

View attachment 659897

but still has time to reply to/retweet pretty young women 🥴

View attachment 659901
View attachment 659903View attachment 659907

honestly, andrea, take his phone away! this is embarrassing!

anyway, to finish the day, he's chosen this. evidently checking his stats and can work it into his narrative of the day. what a bleeping day

View attachment 659937
Using all this to plug his own book - unbelievable!

ETA Actually no, I can believe it.

Reactions: 12
Joke

(extract from the comfort break book by kachoochoo aged 37 1/12)

I made a joke about racism and therapy. it was so hilarious, I deleted it.

always ensure that your jokes alienate just enough of your customer fan base that you get massive engagement and can attach pics of your book being the 2nd biggest seller on Amazon

violence and lack of access to therapy is only jokes. omg. you people have no sense of humour. I am a very rich 47 year old toddler

namaste 🙏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Bloody hell. Someone needs to take his phone away. Way to make it all about him today. He must be a nightmare to live with.

As someone who has experienced close family members being sectioned and dying, his inane take on mental health really winds me up.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I've read The Midnight Library and it shouldn't have even been in the top 10, let alone at number 1. He got a 600k advance for it as well.

• Wow
New to thread
Someone I enjoy following on Twitter posted about him offending her with the use of the word ‘psychotic’ this is her (more recent) tweet and she’s also tweeted screen shots of what he said, I think it was all deleted. I think this was briefly mentioned in earlier pages of the thread but screenshots not shared.
4670EB87-79E1-495A-8FB0-E3B5A23FABCC.jpeg
46693681-34B3-4BB4-A4C6-54885A88A9EC.jpeg
A120039A-8E7E-4057-A389-35C3372226EB.jpeg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
His season ticket / therapy discourse just proves how bleeping dangerous it is to put this man on a pedestal as some sort of mental health guru.

Reactions: 12
Says something self promoting and stupid.

has it pointed out how incorrect and harmful it is

sulks on Twitter and says it was a joke

claims to be having a mental health day and everyone is so cross he has to leave

Repeat

Reactions: 16
My spidey senses always thought this man was a grade A see you next Tuesday. This thread proves it!

Was always sick of his tweets that were basically like "10 years ago I was in a tit place and <suicide mention>. Now I still am sad but I'm ok." posts he did every month or so to harvest engagement.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
He's actually losing his tit in about ten days because this thread has become more active 🤣 I absolutely LOVE to see it. Seriously though he has a tit tonne of money from the Crapitutes (vol. I - ∞), why would he not want to learn more about this 'subject' he's so passionate about? If I was a 'writer' about dealing with common mental health issues I might take a short level 2 counselling course or something so I could be a better advocate. Or learn about eating disorders, personality disorders, psychosis, comorbidity, dual diagnoses.

But I guess that would take longer than writing 'the universe is a pitta bread. Hot on the inside, steam waiting to burst out and envelope you and your velvety hummus blanket of safety' and then having to change your pants coz your genius made you spaff yourself again

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Interesting (&short) review of the book from The Independent
View attachment 660519
Oh dear he won't like that. He'll ignore the positives. Wait for some self pitying musings about 'trite and banal'.

'It's a sad world when simple and uplifting words of hope are branded' trite and banal'. I rather wonder if people who say that expect men to be interested in just drink and football. Another sign of toxic masculinity. Oh well off on my birthday bike to look at the sea. If that isn't too banal!'

• Haha
Reactions: 14
But he is SO pretentious.
17 quid for that load of tripe - the only thing grateful will be his bank account

Oh dear he won't like that. He'll ignore the positives. Wait for some self pitying musings about 'trite and banal'.

'It's a sad world when simple and uplifting words of hope are branded' trite and banal'. I rather wonder if people who say that expect men to be interested in just drink and football. Another sign of toxic masculinity. Oh well off on my birthday bike to look at the sea. If that isn't too banal!'
You can all write Matt Haig better than Matt Haig. Maybe he is a 🤖

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Cannot stand this man. So glad there’s other people that don’t see him as some profound god. Love this thread.

Reactions: 11
Granola (tunnel’s version)

Continually searching for the meaning of life is like continually searching for an elusive granola recipe.

Sometimes it just better to eat the crunchy nut cornflakes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm amazed he's managed to hang on this long. I remember reading his first book when I was depressed and thinking it had absolutely zero to really offer And that I'd read much better books for practical things and much better books in terms of memoir and being better written. I can't help but laugh every time someone posts a quite from his new book on twitter. I've had more profound and helpful messages from fortune cookies.!