Matt Haig

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I choose to believe that he's a no socks guy
Totes agree. Loafers and pink chinos in secret I reckon.

If I have a good day, it isn’t banked.

When I feel tit remembering that there were good days makes me feel guilty/more tit/desperate for another good day.

He really has no idea.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
[Very Matt Haig voice...]

Wear the liner socks and know that they are there for you. You and only you will know it. Or don’t wear them... and wriggle your toes inside your trainers and feel the freedom. On another day you might choose hiking socks. No one can choose for you. It is your decision. Own it. Enjoy it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Vegan BBQs can be ok apparently.

Thanks for that Matt.

Welcome to 2021, we are no longer in 1993 when vegans were fed carrot sticks and hummus at BBQs.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
There was so much hype around Reasons to Stay Alive but I didn't find it helpful at all personally. Mainly because, at the end of the day, he had his partner there for emotional support. What about folks who have no one? How do we do it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
it's ok, luv. you have never been in danger of being thought of as cool. and well done for potentially triggering thanatophobia, Mr Mental Health

20210614_183647.jpg

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
it's ok, luv. you have never been in danger of being thought of as cool. and well done for potentially triggering thanatophobia, Mr Mental Health

View attachment 617430
His comment under the insta version of this is even worse.

I am not going to post it because it is really upsetting.

I just cannot understand how he thinks he is helping people with MH issues.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
His comment under the insta version of this is even worse.

I am not going to post it because it is really upsetting.

I just cannot understand how he thinks he is helping people with MH issues.
I looked and YIKES!

he really is thick as pig tit. he bleeping loves his quotes but doesn't think for a single second if they're appropriate

I'm not ssing it here either. if anyone goes in search of it from reading here, massive tw for suicide

• Angry
  • Sad
Sometimes I read the lyrics of Baz Luhrmann's 'Sunscreen'. Imo they are so wise and compassionate. Matt Haig can only aspire to that level of intelligence in a very accessible medium.
His soundbites seem to be patronising and obvious whilst also potentially being quite harmful.

Wondered if I’d find a forum here for this guy. I used to follow him but I started realising he’s just posting the same quotes slightly reworded all the time. Since my mental health has declined, I found it less and less helpful.

• Heart
I think he's trying to make some sort of stoic comment about how we're all just muddling through life but... wtf is this?

20210615_201500.jpg

eta this kind of crap also feeds the narrative that the oldest members of society became all grown up because they lived through war, a favourite trope of the right wing

Last edited:
  • Sad
I looked and YIKES!

he really is thick as pig tit. he bleeping loves his quotes but doesn't think for a single second if they're appropriate

I'm not ssing it here either. if anyone goes in search of it from reading here, massive tw for suicide
He talks about that far too much for someone supposedly concerned with the mental health and triggers of others

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Such a bleeping try hard. His writing is tit,he’s a moany fucker and his ego is ridiculous. Why wouldn’t he just stay off Twitter if it’s so bad for his mental health ffs. People put him on a pedestal and it just makes him even less tolerable.

It is complete drivel isn't it?
I'm actually embarrassed for him.
His type of "mental health" care is absolute embarrassing as well if I had a friend who was going on all about pasta and positivity and all that crap I would cringe so much it's like he's a Year 9 or something. He's probably about 5 tweets away from tweeting "The thing sex in pizza have in common is that if its good pizza, it's good. If it's bad pizza, it's still pretty good xD ".

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Gosh isn’t he insufferable. Why must he over think every. damn. thing? Have a day off will you Matt and look up the definition of ‘troll’.

Reactions: 4
I am starting to think the tosh he puts out is dangerous. He peddles the idea that his books are helpful for those in need but they are full of triggering statements and in my opinion and experience his posts are verging on harmful now.
Anyone who has really suffered depression, ED and schizophrenia is not going to be helped by a statement like “learn to live with the unliveable” and “learn to accept the unacceptable feelings”.

I am on the verge of writing a very long email to him (I won’t because I know the rules) about why some unacceptable feelings in some disorders need to be dealt with otherwise the consequences may be fatal. He has no bleeping idea.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19