Matt Haig

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god I've found my people. I found Haigs writing after I was sexually assaulted and was going through hell, I ended up buying tickets to his book tour to ask a question about a passage on anxiety that I didn't really understand and wanted some clarity. He didn't have a clue what I was talking about, and he laughed at me. I pointed out the chapter and page number and then he gave me some bogus answer about loving your body and going to the beach (I asked about every day anxiety!) and made me feel humiliated. I was so desperate to know how to cope with my sexual assault anxiety and this dude told me to love my beach body. A lady behind me asked for advice re her suicidal teenage son, Matt said to "Google some resources". He acts like he is the founding father of MH but I truly don't think he gets it. I was crushed and chucked my book in the bin at the end.
I’m so sorry he let you down like that. He’s a vulture on mental health and uses it for his own enrichment.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Oh my god I've found my people. I found Haigs writing after I was sexually assaulted and was going through hell, I ended up buying tickets to his book tour to ask a question about a passage on anxiety that I didn't really understand and wanted some clarity. He didn't have a clue what I was talking about, and he laughed at me. I pointed out the chapter and page number and then he gave me some bogus answer about loving your body and going to the beach (I asked about every day anxiety!) and made me feel humiliated. I was so desperate to know how to cope with my sexual assault anxiety and this dude told me to love my beach body. A lady behind me asked for advice re her suicidal teenage son, Matt said to "Google some resources". He acts like he is the founding father of MH but I truly don't think he gets it. I was crushed and chucked my book in the bin at the end.
😥
The trouble is he acts and talks like some MH guru. 'Trust me! Buy my book and it will provide answers'. Yet when tied to specifics sort of shrugs his shoulders and says 'Don't ask me. It's just a book of my opinions'. He wants it all ways.
I really think he is quite dangerous tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
oh my god, I'm so sorry. what a prick. I hope you're doing ok now. x

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Gosh I’m so sorry that happened to you, that’s not fair. He’s an absolute horror and that book tour should not have been allowed, his ‘advice’ is dangerous.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Matt isn't trained in any realm of MH so he shouldn't be giving advice whether in his books or in person which is probably why he didn't know what to say. I find it absurd that someone who isn't qualified releases books on anxiety etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I am so sorry you went through that. This is why I think his ramblings do more harm than good. Is he even qualified? Other than having had issues in the past himself?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m so sorry you went through that. I hope you’re ok. He has no right pushing himself to the forefront as an advocate for mental health issues when the reality is he knows nothing. He’s a snake oil salesman.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Firstly, your post makes me want to give you a massive hug.

Secondly, it makes me want to go to another of his readings and explain to him in a clear manner how his books and SM posts are dangerous and triggering for so many people.

He makes me want to hide in a hole today with his latest book ideas. News flash Matt- we don’t need them.

• Heart
he has no qualifications beyond being commissioned to write trite books

some screenshots I've taken today:

like, you could probably do something about this, given your "influence"

Screenshot_20210622-213534_Twitter.jpg

I have no idea what any of this means, but I know it sounds like a thick person trying to sound clever

Screenshot_20210622-213605_Twitter.jpg

dude, you've told us all of this already🤷‍♀️

20210622_213755.jpg

oh, and I cba to grab them all but his recent stories seem to be asking what he should write next and so, what will sell best

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
he has no qualifications beyond being commissioned to write trite books

some screenshots I've taken today:

like, you could probably do something about this, given your "influence"

View attachment 630005

I have no idea what any of this means, but I know it sounds like a thick person trying to sound clever

View attachment 630008

View attachment 630013

oh, and I cba to grab them all but his recent stories seem to be asking what he should write next and so, what will sell best
He makes me sick.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

View attachment 630013

Of course that would be his pet hate. Something about him. People making assumptions about him. Not litter, or bad behaviour, or animal cruelty or any number of things that are detrimental to society at large, but boohoo people saying mean things about him. He is so completely self obsessed it is laughable. Permanently looking to be bleeping offended.

Reactions: 12
witch please. 🙄

remember when you had a pop at her when she didn't credit you when she posted your inanities? like she'd even heard of you!

and you never stop going on about your own "worst week over a decade ago"

20210624_124009.jpg

• Heart
What's he even saying there, don't talk about your mental health in case people section you?

Reactions: 2
All the bandwagon jumpers saying ‘this seems really bad about Britney and how she was treated.
Also remember how the ‘leave Britney alone’ meme began when her fans were concerned that she wasn’t well, years and years ago.

#FreeBritney does go into conspiracies about her Instagram account etc - but they have been going on about this for a really long time, that she is exploited and refuses to work because she has no freedom. Now once middle aged men start talking about it maybe something will happen. Sigh.

it’s so sad that no one seems to care about her for herself, just the money she can make for them.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Yes isn't he a bit of a hypocrite here? Moaning on about her because put up one of his trite sayings without crediting him.
I remember that. Very passive aggressive. But he’s not averse to using her name now to throw out more of his bullshit. He’s a massive twit.

Reactions: 8
you're not funny pal. 160k deaths, rampant corruption in the government.

Haigy: how can I make ~hilarious~ "jokes" involving myself and my hugely bestselling books? 🤔

20210625_185422.jpg

20210625_185435.jpg

Screenshot_20210625-185517_Twitter.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad