Matt Haig

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
meant to post this a couple of days ago but then Jack went to Conference and I forgot all about it

sorry everyone

Reactions: 5
Matt, given that you love Marcus Aurelius and you love reading here, got a little gem for you to ponder over .

“It never ceases to amaze me: we all love ourselves more than other people, but care more about their opinion than our own”.

Edit- I want to go and post this on Mackie’s thread and a certain runner who is kicking off about tattle.

Reactions: 8
was in two minds about posting these from earlier today, but honestly, fuck him. utter prick.

I've searched for this "quote" both on twitter and on here. the closest thing I've found is my description of his convalescence at his parents' reading camus on here. so, hiya matt believe me, I know all about panic disorder and depression and I don't have the safety net you did and it's allowed to not like you

also, he seems to not know the difference between martini the cocktail and martini the vermouth, which I'm assuming isn't a *manly* drink (obvs piers is a worse prick)

Sarah’s parents are going to grieve forever. That will never dissipate. Are you going to tell them to “hold on” while tweeting how hard it is to be a man?

Oh, and by the way, grief disorder is listed in the DSM. I have recommended you read it numerous times.

Reactions: 14
meant to post this a couple of days ago but then Jack went to Conference and I forgot all about it

sorry everyone

View attachment 785566
He really is Mr Self Promotion isn't he?!

*Eye roll* He 'saw' that someone said that, i.e. they didn't say it directly to him, i.e. he went looking for criticism. He then twists the wording and bleats about it on twatter, where he gets a flood of ego-boosting responses.

Last edited:
He’s getting an absolute battering on Twitter, in terms of the timing of the tweet and the wanky content. They’ll be another self-pitying tweet in 5..4..3..2..

Reactions: 11
I think the 'man' tweet has been deleted, but I've seen several people share the screenshot

I like this response

Reactions: 17
'Paul, I really hate to point out the obvious, but that was the joke. Of course men aren’t forbidden to eat lychees. Or wear pink. I was responding to Piers Morgan’s ill-timed totally faux-outrage that he wants his heroes to be assassins but not ones that wear pink.

9:36 AM · Sep 30, 2021·Twitter for iPhone'

Ah it was a joke! Oh course!

Reactions: 1
Fuck off with your pink shirt outrages

women are being killed by men.

I don’t care if they wear pink.

Reactions: 9

Insufferable.
So after preaching about leaving each other alone and being nice and acceptance he is mad he isn’t getting the negative energy and interactions he complains about?! Did he really just confirm that all he can do is moan about other people and their opinions?!

Reactions: 4
Everything he writes reads like he has just boshed out the first thing to come into his head then declared it a brilliant work of genius that requires no editing whatsoever. Like Jack Monroe's recipes.