Matt Haig

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well. That’s very #bekind - isn’t it?

Anyone who disagrees with The Haig is a wanker. Charming.
That is about as honest as he will be isn't it? (Apart from the not worrying about it bit. Because he does desparately).
I reached the 'try not to care' conclusion decades ago and I'm not a highly paid, erm, whatever he is (not entirely sure).
It must be so exhausting to be him. Constantly fretting and analysing every mundane thought. But then again I am a wanker 😂

Reactions: 12
He is so obviously unhappy and can’t practice anything he preaches!! Can’t he shut the duck up for a second and take his comfort book with him?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
"corny like a hallmark movie and probably the least subtle book I've ever read"

Hi all! I don't really frequent this thread but thought you'd like to know a fairly popular book YouTuber reviewed his latest work and...was not a fan. 🤣 I only knew his name off of mentions of him in other threads on Tattle but wow he sounds annoying.

Review starts at 7 minutes 52 seconds, fair warning if it will upset anyone: there are mentions of suicide, joking about suicide & she uses the word "witches" a lot.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13

Hi all! I don't really frequent this thread but thought you'd like to know a fairly popular book YouTuber reviewed his latest work and...was not a fan. 🤣 I only knew his name off of mentions of him in other threads on Tattle but wow he sounds annoying.

Review starts at 7 minutes 52 seconds, fair warning if it will upset anyone: there are mentions of suicide, joking about suicide & she uses the word "witches" a lot.

thank you so much for sharing this! ❤ I can relate to every word she says and every facial expression she makes!

(well, except that she was actually brave enough read the damn book)

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Oh it is so good to see his work getting ripped to shreds, especially by someone intelligent like Cindy!
Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: 7
The amount he talks about that time he almost died by suicide. Last year it was '21 years ago...', this year it's '22 years ago...' Again and again with these posts. It cannot be healthy. You can't move on if you're always looking back.

• Sad
Reactions: 12

This is just brilliant. I want to share it with all the people I know who are currently raving about him.

Why is he going on about trying to be liked by everyone? He is like a child. A petulant child.

Give me a few hours Matt, and there will be a new Tunnel version of Caterpillar. I am thinking slug or snail or maybe spider. Then you can be annoyed some more 😘.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Wow - that review is spot on!

Thanks for telling us about it @Switchstreetz. She has him sussed even down to his irritating over-use of ellipses…

Reactions: 5
Snail (Tunnel’s version)

The snail lives a lonely life in its shell, trying to show the world its true self. But it feels misunderstood and so it learns to hide, hide from the cruel people who are trying to be mean to it, from its harsh critics who don’t understand it, from those who are trying to crush its being. The snail is a metaphor for those of us who put a barrier around ourselves for protection. Who don’t let anyone in. Who feel the world is against us. It isn’t. We are against the world. We are the strong ones. Be more slug.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Snail (Tunnel’s version)

The snail lives a lonely life in its shell, trying to show the world its true self. But it feels misunderstood and so it learns to hide, hide from the cruel people who are trying to be mean to it, from its harsh critics who don’t understand it, from those who are trying to crush its being. The snail is a metaphor for those of us who put a barrier around ourselves for protection. Who don’t let anyone in. Who feel the world is against us. It isn’t. We are against the world. We are the strong ones. Be more slug.
If you put that on Instagram with a pretty picture of a snail behind it people would love that

• Haha
  • Heart
If you put that on Instagram with a pretty picture of a snail behind it people would love that
We would just get more reposts and retweets of his “life is too short to worry what wankers think of you” post.

If he didn’t write tit (in my opinion) books that plagiarised (in my opinion) other people’s work that included triggering statements that could make people feel worse about their own mental health then I wouldn’t feel the need to write on this thread.

If that makes me a wanker then so be it.

Reactions: 10
Her analysis of his approach to suicide and the ease with which his suicidal character recovers is really good and reveals much about his (limited and damaging) understanding of mental illness.
The book sounds awful, and written for the big screen.

• Heart

Accurate

Reactions: 2
Reactions: 11
If he wanted to be the mouthpiece for MH then he shouldn’t have written about Nora in the way that he did.

He then wouldn’t have had to backtrack when someone called him out.

He should have done his research and said she had Adjustment Disorder with depressed mood. The DSM V exists for a reason Matt, use it please.

This is why he has this thread. This is why he makes me angry and sad and so frustrated.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Thank you soooo much for sharing this this girl is amazing! Immediately following.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Just watched this and it was so good.
She can articulate so well the problems a lot of people have with Matt Haig's work. (It also applies to his SM presence, not that she was referring to that).
I heard the Midnight Library serialised on Radio 4 and actually thought it wasn't terrible 🙈 but realise there had been a serious amount of abridging. Lots of the Quantum Leap lives were not mentioned. And presumably a lot of the 'Live, Laugh, Love' waffle.
No doubt Cindy will be dismissed by him as a troll, bully, hater and/or wanker.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank God for this thread. You are my people.
I feel for the poster above who caught her husband reading a Matt Haig book. I think I’d rather catch my husband having a wank over an Amanda Holden picture than catch him reading the Midnight Library.
The problem is people I know and love keep recommending his books to me. Not a month goes by without saying “Kitsy you’d love him. It’s right up your street!”
What can this mean. It’s depressing.
Anyway nice to have found you all.

• Haha
Reactions: 24