Matt Haig

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jealousy? So if you bother to purchase a book, read it and discuss the fact you don't like it you are 'jealous'? What an incredibly juvenile take on things.
And yes he basically is applying it to himself. Only talk about his books positively please jealous haterz.
I totally agree but actually there are quite a lot who are calling him out on this on his IG post.

I can’t be bothered to squiggle but at least it shows that not everyone is a oblivious fan.

Reactions: 7
I consider turning people off Matt Haig to be a public service as his mental health ‘heal yourself with running and sunrises’ bullshit is dangerous.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
He's off again. Moaning about trolls yet getting in a wee humble brag.

"

ETA he should just comfort himself with the fact the random troll is no doubt jealous.

Reactions: 10
There have been thousands of studies involving tool use, mirrors and food caching done by comparative psychologists on the intelligence of different species.

We don’t need his child-like take on it based on some tweet he saw earlier in the day.

BBE11D4E-910F-4656-A8CB-6DB453123F24.jpeg

Reactions: 8
He is basically the figurehead of toxic positivity. ~Good vibes only~ and no need for critical thinking skills.

It’s important for balance that people are able to discuss what they didn’t enjoy about music/books/art/films/TV… I find it so helpful if I know someone has enjoyed a lot of the same books as me, if they haven’t enjoyed something on my TBR list it moves down in priority. Doesn’t mean I won’t read it (because I have a brain and the ability to make up my own mind!) but if we have similar taste, chances are I am going to enjoy a book they’ve raved about more than one that they didn’t gel with. That’s how reviews work. Not everything can get 5* or 5* loses its meaning, and it’s meant to be subjective.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
He is basically the figurehead of toxic positivity. ~Good vibes only~ and no need for critical thinking skills.

It’s important for balance that people are able to discuss what they didn’t enjoy about music/books/art/films/TV… I find it so helpful if I know someone has enjoyed a lot of the same books as me, if they haven’t enjoyed something on my TBR list it moves down in priority. Doesn’t mean I won’t read it (because I have a brain and the ability to make up my own mind!) but if we have similar taste, chances are I am going to enjoy a book they’ve raved about more than one that they didn’t gel with. That’s how reviews work. Not everything can get 5* or 5* loses its meaning, and it’s meant to be subjective.
Exactly. And I still can't get my head round him saying if you don't like someone's work you are jealous. Not liking Normal People (or whatever) has nothing to do with your thoughts on the author as an individual.
I actually would have no thoughts on MH if he didn't spew every juvenile, moany and inane thought he ever had on twitter. And I certainly am not jealous.

Reactions: 9

I'm most deeply critical of things I am passionate about - whether that's a video game which was good but also very flawed, a film whjich had the potential to be something amazing but fell short, or a disappointing album from one of my favourite bands or artists - I can talk for hours about these things because I love them. Nothing worse or less interests than a fan girl or boy who just says things are unanimously amazing 10/10 5 stars best thing ever every single time.

Reactions: 9
He’s either in the very worst career - because he will get criticism from people online as well as praise and good reviews - or in the best (individual) job because imagine him working in any other setting or having to be part of a team? He would be awful.

Reactions: 2
ha! just noticed Jim Broadbent's in this film! clearly my take on the 1980s hansel+gretel featuring him was prophetic

• Haha
Reactions: 4
He's so bleeping insufferable. Like a little 8 year old child has been merged into the body of a cynical 50-something man and created the most ultimate annoying human being.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I can't believe he's still in his 40s! Must have been a very tough paper round....
I mean, obviously, it's mean to dunk on someone's appearance (idc, I'm mean, whatever).

but, to borrow a line, don't you think he looks tired?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I mean, obviously, it's mean to dunk on someone's appearance (idc, I'm mean, whatever).

but, to borrow a line, don't you think he looks tired?
Defo apt to consider that Roald Dahl quote about goods thoughts making you look like you represent sunbeams and rainbows and a bad attitude the opposite (to paraphrase).

Reactions: 3
He's off again. Moaning about trolls yet getting in a wee humble brag.

"

ETA he should just comfort himself with the fact the random troll is no doubt jealous.
Terrible behaviour he’s modelling for people - checking social media before breakfast! Any qualified mental health professional would tell him that’s a bad idea…

• Haha
Just delete your Twitter mate
I thought he had! Why the f**k is he back again.

The midnight library is the only book of his I've ever read and I thought it was a trite, vacuous piece of crap. I just don't understand all the accolades.

• Haha