Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kachoochoo

VIP Member
A parody you say? Surely not?

Summer

One day like this a year would see me right. Remember that when you are heavy like a loaded gun. Try to throw those curtains wide and drink in the morning sun. Remember that when you have had to shake off a heavy one. Go outside and blink in the morning sun. One day like this a year would see me right.
round a fire pit late on a Brighton summer evening:

"man, this is so profound. andrea, have I ever told you 'holy cow, I love your eyes'?"

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Freddie_fanz

Have to disagree on this one I’m afraid. He’s done a lot for mental health awareness, even if he also speaks his mind a lot, and his book Notes On A Nervous Planet is one of the best and helpful books I’ve read in a long time. Sorry!

• Heart

Shineyshine

VIP Member
Yes isn't he a bit of a hypocrite here? Moaning on about her because put up one of his trite sayings without crediting him.
I remember that. Very passive aggressive. But he’s not averse to using her name now to throw out more of his bullshit. He’s a massive twat.

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Ummmm. I will not be softened, I repeat, I will not be softened… (*ex-teacher, married to a shattered teacher quietly crumbles in a corner)
03A4DC2C-97EC-4598-B03D-8449C715CFFF.jpeg

• Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
"corny like a hallmark movie and probably the least subtle book I've ever read"

Hi all! I don't really frequent this thread but thought you'd like to know a fairly popular book YouTuber reviewed his latest work and...was not a fan. 🤣 I only knew his name off of mentions of him in other threads on Tattle but wow he sounds annoying.

Review starts at 7 minutes 52 seconds, fair warning if it will upset anyone: there are mentions of suicide, joking about suicide & she uses the word "bitches" a lot.

This is just brilliant. I want to share it with all the people I know who are currently raving about him.

Why is he going on about trying to be liked by everyone? He is like a child. A petulant child.

Give me a few hours Matt, and there will be a new Tunnel version of Caterpillar. I am thinking slug or snail or maybe spider. Then you can be annoyed some more 😘.

• Heart

Disillusioned

VIP Member
He doesn’t follow his own advice then? If he’s not really into TikTok & not comfortable doing videos then why would he even consider it? Didn’t he say something along the lines of if you don’t want to go to a party, don’t go. If you don’t like your job, leave, If you don’t want to join TikTok because it’s not your thing.. don’t!
All his social media “eggs in one basket”? FFS! It’s so transparent that he means his public profile and access to potential customers. This should be a conversation with his agent, not posted to all his followers.

schmetterling

@kachoochoo 👩‍🍳💋 immaculate, dear heart 🤣🤣🤣. He really is an insufferable bore and to add insult to injury he never does anything bizarre à la Monroe to give us a cackle. (Turns to judge with my special court foil hat on) this is further evidence he is an algorithmic psyop bot m'lud, to feed us neoliberal 'pull yourself up by your bootstraps' mental health word salad. There is no variation or inconsistency in his wordslops and temper tantrums! I rest my case! 🤖🔊

I had a period for a while when I actually thought Balloon Guy used Haig's quotes anyway, they are indistinguishable. I appear to have spoken it into existence 🥴

Fun Sponge, by Schmetterling
Look at your sponge whilst you're in the bath
Imagine you're a baby, hurling your toys out of the pram. Such freedom is still there for you. You can call it your 'inner child' later or something.
Chuck the damp sponge feebly across the room as you think about Twitter
Quick! Get out of the bath. Log on. Start whining.

• Haha

notthefullshilling

Chatty Member
Her analysis of his approach to suicide and the ease with which his suicidal character recovers is really good and reveals much about his (limited and damaging) understanding of mental illness.
The book sounds awful, and written for the big screen.

• Heart

Flivver

VIP Member
Just

Just word vomit. Stuff that most of us would think about whilst we're doing the washing up or having a shower and then forget he thinks is a meaningful message from god and puts it in a book.
He’s selling shed loads of books though.

• Haha

nobody_at_all

Dude needs to stop reading literally everything ever written about him.

From: https://lithub.com/all-our-possible...h-matt-haig-and-the-female-suicide-narrative/

Why is Haig’s admittedly autobiographical protagonist a woman?

[...]

Women protagonists are “allowed” to be more emotional and vulnerable, so there’s an additional layer of protection for the male author, but one that comes at a detriment to the novel. The subjectivity of the main character is missing, making Nora little more than a caricature of a Freudian hysteric, a sad but still fuckable basket case. Misbelieving, misreading, misdiagnosing, and misusing women who live with mental illness is a practice as old as the discipline of psychology itself. Wouldn’t the more courageous thing—the more ethical thing—be to write a male protagonist honestly, however painful that may be for the author? While Plath continues to be a specter of mental illness, Haig has become a poster boy for mental health awareness.
Matt Haig:
Have written main characters who were vampires, aliens, cats, boys, girls, women, 400 year old men, pixies, Labradors, but the hardest one, the one I really can't do is a man of my own age. So weird. How it is often easier to write what you don't know.

Attachments

• Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
5. If he is going to post every page from his book on IG and Twitter over the next few days then it kind of defeats the object of publishing the book in the first place surely?

6.The “baby” page is so “peak Matt”, it deserves at least 5 points to pull it apart but I can’t be arsed so I will leave it here for giggles.

0EB78A72-FF65-4C1D-8A7D-E966CB679F40.jpeg

• Haha

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
like today, 17th sept 1999 was a friday. and, if he means eldon square was the shopping centre, i used to walk through there every day on my way home from school. there's every chance i may have just missed the great man himself. wow, to think i could have been a stranger he cried amid!
He won’t have been in Eldon square it didn’t have a Waitrose then!!!! Can you imagine?

He probably meant he was in the metro centre because you know, that’s in the north east too 🙃🙃🙃.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

kachoochoo

VIP Member
I feel a little hypocritical as some of you will have seen the pictures of one of my birthday presents 🎭 but just look at him! bet he's just gonna wheel it around like phoebe buffay!

and do we think that's a #gifted cake?

20210703_155905.jpg

20210703_155852.jpg

• Sick

MarthaFarkus

VIP Member
He’s a classic case of ‘think before you tweet’ and he certainly does not. He then goes all sheepish like this, until it’s safe to tweet shit again. Rinse and repeat.

mindlessness

VIP Member
"corny like a hallmark movie and probably the least subtle book I've ever read"

Hi all! I don't really frequent this thread but thought you'd like to know a fairly popular book YouTuber reviewed his latest work and...was not a fan. 🤣 I only knew his name off of mentions of him in other threads on Tattle but wow he sounds annoying.

Review starts at 7 minutes 52 seconds, fair warning if it will upset anyone: there are mentions of suicide, joking about suicide & she uses the word "bitches" a lot.

Oh it is so good to see his work getting ripped to shreds, especially by someone intelligent like Cindy!
Thanks for sharing!

pumpkincandle

He once tweeted about writing a book about gender/feminism/masculinity or something along those lines, and at the slightest bit of questioning he had a temper tantrum and said something along the lines of no wonder men don't speak up.

I'm glad some people seem to get something out of his talking about mental health but I can't personally stand his bland observations.