Matt Haig

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel a little hypocritical as some of you will have seen the pictures of one of my birthday presents šŸŽ­ but just look at him! bet he's just gonna wheel it around like phoebe buffay!

and do we think that's a #gifted cake?

20210703_155905.jpg

20210703_155852.jpg

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I feel a little hypocritical as some of you will have seen the pictures of one of my birthday presents šŸŽ­ but just look at him! bet he's just gonna wheel it around like phoebe buffay!

and do we think that's a #gifted cake?

View attachment 646037

View attachment 646038
The bike was probably a freebie too.
Heā€™s such a sad bastard. What grown adult gives a tit about their birthday and getting presents. Yes, itā€™s nice to receive cards and meet up with family and friends, but he really needs to stop acting like a spoiled brat.

Reactions: 10
which man? where? hiya matt! good to see you spent part of your birthday reading about yourself here. how extremely normal and healthy

20210704_085249.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
which man? where? hiya matt! good to see you spent part of your birthday reading about yourself here. how extremely normal and healthy

View attachment 646861
Of course no one is saying you shouldn't celebrate your birthday (as you well know) you massive twit. Most men I know celebrate their birthdays, even ones who don't just rely on 'sport and booze' for enjoyment. Nice stereotyping there.
People are just startled at you being so bleeping self absorbed you chose to celebrate it publicly on twitter, documenting it constantly. Why aren't your family and friends enough for you? Why do you need the validation of strangers so much?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Reasons To Stay Alive was a big help to me and it was the 'depression and anxiety' book I've related to the most, to this day. I can't thank Haig enough for it, it genuinely dragged me out of a pit enough for me to breathe a little, when I was at my worst. It changed a lot for me. And I still agree with almost every criticism on this thread.

I'll probably cherish RTSA forever (I also liked Notes on a Nervous Planet) but wow, the man needs better attitude on social media.

Reactions: 15

View attachment 646861
Thank you matt very much matt, I had no idea Tattle as a collective uses a male pronoun. Now would you like my full psychiatric diagnosis so that you can decry X, Y and Z as unstable, pasta-hating witch illnesses in the vaguest whimpy wailing way possible?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
If heā€™s nailed it now, got all his coping strategies etc etc, to the point heā€™s confident in dishing out advice to the rest of the world, why does he care so much what other random people think about him? And then go and whine about it on social media? His attitude stinks. He acts like a big baby pretty much all of the time. Iā€™m sure thatā€™s not advised in his books šŸ¤”

Reactions: 11
Is it me or is Mattā€™s take on toast got absolutely nothing to do with Chekhovā€™s philosophical musings on existence beyond carrots?

I feel the reviewer was trying to find a deeper meaning in his tripe and missed the mark totally.

At least Matt is happy in his Matt-centric world .
7C36BC23-5FBC-412E-ABED-FE780794EF97.jpeg

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Hi newbie here so glad I found this thread. I had to unfollow him from insta, he was seriously messing with my chi

Reactions: 9
Heā€™s awful. An absolute hack, banging out ā€˜live, laugh, loveā€™ platitudes, who canā€™t spin a stylish sentence. Massively attention seeking and forever quick to play the victim for his followers.

but his words have helped a lot of people, so what do I know?

Reactions: 11
oh no, it's publication day tomorrow. he's gonna be even more insufferable

on the one show tonight too if anyone's, er, interested...

• Sick
of course there's a (very predictable) playlist

Screenshot_20210706-133158_Twitter.jpg

apart from a million retweets of people buying the book, he's suspiciously quiet

hope it continues

• Haha
Reactions: 4
1. what the hell is this?! strange gran advice, I have to say

20210706_193351.jpg

2. he's deleted this already I think. but, seriously, give me money and I will write better crap than this

20210706_194357.jpg

3. dude, you have retweeted independent bookshops 4 times today and waterstones and foyles 6 times

Screenshot_20210706-194006_Twitter.jpg

4. 7pm on publication day and we are already at the "looking up bad reviews and posting snippy tweets stage"

20210706_193546.jpg

in conclusion, arrogant and exhausting

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
5. If he is going to post every page from his book on IG and Twitter over the next few days then it kind of defeats the object of publishing the book in the first place surely?

6.The ā€œbabyā€ page is so ā€œpeak Mattā€, it deserves at least 5 points to pull it apart but I canā€™t be arsed so I will leave it here for giggles.

0EB78A72-FF65-4C1D-8A7D-E966CB679F40.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Stop starting sentences with And.

itā€™s truly depressing how much money gets thrown at him for that trite garbage when talented writers are given a pittance.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm getting so irrationally irritated by the amount of blank space that book seems to contain. Not that his words are much better than blank space but you know what I mean.
Such a waste of paper.

• Heart