Martin Macdonald

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I only started there in December. But what I say still stands, I spend loads of time nagging them, they spend loads of time ignoring me. It’s a battle and I can’t wait to get them back in one office.
Stop nagging people. They’re not babies. Best thing to do is give a flexible schedule. As long as people are meeting deadlines, let them work the way they work. Plenty of info out there about how to keep people motivated working from home.

Reactions: 6
I only started there in December. But what I say still stands, I spend loads of time nagging them, they spend loads of time ignoring me. It’s a battle and I can’t wait to get them back in one office.
Maybe speak to HR and ask for some advice. Home working for my company has been extended until June 21st, my husband has been given no office return date. If you are nagging and they aren’t listening the issue isn’t WFH.....

sorry I’m late to the party but they want a postgrad with a MASTERS for 23,500?? Literally get more being a supermarket supervisor with 3 GCSEs. What a joke!

I disagree with this. Totally off topic but my team have been working from home and it’s a complete and utter nightmare they are all fully taking the p*ss. I’d be well up felt WFH forever if I thought it could work but I spend all my time asking them to do their jobs and I reckon they’re away from keyboard watching reruns of friends or something...
So
Sounds like you need to trust them or manage their performance or show them the “door” . You don’t need an office for that . :)

I went for a job interview there. At the third and final stage there was 8 young women. The job was admin/PA paying 16k for 40+ hours per week and the flexibility to work late/extra hours at the drop of a hat.

I got a very weird vibe at the interview and left feeling like I’d had a lucky escape by not getting the job! It was all very much all about Martin and he seemed to thrive off having all those girls there wanting to work for him. We got told that we would have to be willing to put up with a lot, as Martin has a temper and basically, we know what he’s like and you’ll have to deal with it. Needless to say all the girls who got the job left pretty quickly.

I’ve since heard a lot of things from people who know him that back up basically everything said in this thread. Plus a rumour of his ex wife filing domestic abuse charges (Unconfirmed but heard from someone close to him).

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I went for a job interview there. At the third and final stage there was 8 young women. The job was admin/PA paying 16k for 40+ hours per week and the flexibility to work late/extra hours at the drop of a hat.

I got a very weird vibe at the interview and left feeling like I’d had a lucky escape by not getting the job! It was all very much all about Martin and he seemed to thrive off having all those girls there wanting to work for him. We got told that we would have to be willing to put up with a lot, as Martin has a temper and basically, we know what he’s like and you’ll have to deal with it. Needless to say all the girls who got the job left pretty quickly.

I’ve since heard a lot of things from people who know him that back up basically everything said in this thread. Plus a rumour of his ex wife filing domestic abuse charges (Unconfirmed but heard from someone close to him).
I remember him advertising for these jobs. If I had lived in the area I would have definitely gone for the PA role cause he talks the talk on insta. How well he looks after them and free counselling and other benefits he offers his employees.
I bet you were so glad you didn’t get the job.

Reactions: 4
I remember him advertising for these jobs. If I had lived in the area I would have definitely gone for the PA role cause he talks the talk on insta. How well he looks after them and free counselling and other benefits he offers his employees.
I bet you were so glad you didn’t get the job.
I don’t think I’ve ever heard of him offering free counselling as a benefit of working for him.... I’d be worried if my workplace was offering counselling to people who worked there 😂. Probs not a great place to be if you need counselling afterwards...

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Stop nagging people. They’re not babies. Best thing to do is give a flexible schedule. As long as people are meeting deadlines, let them work the way they work. Plenty of info out there about how to keep people motivated working from home.
Yeah, it’s a call centre. In the NHS. So they have clear objectives and I have a really easy way of monitoring our performance. It’s not working. I don’t mean to make war and peace of this, my original post was simply a point of view that not all companies can work from home with great success. Before me, my team didn’t have a manager for months and months and have been left to embed bad habits. For example last week in the middle of the day our systems went down and people had to come back to base to connect to our network. Half the team took hours to come in due to not showering or being dressed. One of them was four hours drive away staying with family and we had no idea (?!). It’s a crucial department, we can’t just say “sorry theres no operators”.
So it’s been a real struggle to join a team in December, 9 months into a work from home situation and try drive our performance back to being acceptable.
I know full well how to manage a team as I’ve done so for sixteen years with immense success.
Anyway it’d be great to get back on topic and discuss what a nob Martin is.

Reactions: 5
Yeah, it’s a call centre. In the NHS. So they have clear objectives and I have a really easy way of monitoring our performance. It’s not working. I don’t mean to make war and peace of this, my original post was simply a point of view that not all companies can work from home with great success. Before me, my team didn’t have a manager for months and months and have been left to embed bad habits. For example last week in the middle of the day our systems went down and people had to come back to base to connect to our network. Half the team took hours to come in due to not showering or being dressed. One of them was four hours drive away staying with family and we had no idea (?!). It’s a crucial department, we can’t just say “sorry theres no operators”.
So it’s been a real struggle to join a team in December, 9 months into a work from home situation and try drive our performance back to being acceptable.
I know full well how to manage a team as I’ve done so for sixteen years with immense success.
Anyway it’d be great to get back on topic and discuss what a nob Martin is.
Ah that’s a little different! Call centre for the nhs is much harder to manage. I really hope you get on top of it x

Reactions: 1
I wonder if we discussed “Martin Macdonald creatine Instagram” whether this thread would appear in a google search 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 7
That was a long month 👀

I see you all said Charlotte was in court, something to do with Martin yet it turned out she wasn’t?

it all seems to be a bit quiet on that front now.
He’s been a bit quiet on his stories

Reactions: 1
That was a long month 👀

I see you all said Charlotte was in court, something to do with Martin yet it turned out she wasn’t?

Appears so yes. Still can't believe he's 5'7 though. Really creepy in general too and heard he was abusive to his ex wife. Loss Control/narrative seems to be his downfall. I wonder does he care he isn't funny. I found his trip to Dubai begging people to join him hilarious though, especially when nobody did. Also his neglect of training legs is awful. Explains the long shorts😂😜

That was a long month 👀

Sorry @Nohairdontcare. After a month out would you please explain your comment regarding rape/sexual assault and the more than one comment. I find it disturbing and I'm trying to understand your logic as I believe it's quite flawed?

Last edited:
That was a long month 👀

I have noticed a few of the threads on him and his cronies are quiet. I guess when someone is becoming totally irrelevant, there’s nothing left to say. Trends change and I think the moment in the spotlight for Martin et al, is coming to an end.

I wasn’t allowed to post from 7th to 7th, and not allowed to discuss it either
Well if you weren't allowed post. You either were spamming or have multiple accounts. So...would you care to enlighten us your logic regarding your previous disgusting/ignorant comment?

Reactions: 5
Appears so yes. Still can't believe he's 5'7 though. Really creepy in general too and heard he was abusive to his ex wife. Loss Control/narrative seems to be his downfall. I wonder does he care he isn't funny. I found his trip to Dubai begging people to join him hilarious though, especially when nobody did. Also his neglect of training legs is awful. Explains the long shorts😂😜

Sorry @Nohairdontcare. After a month out would you please explain your comment regarding rape/sexual assault and the more than one comment. I find it disturbing and I'm trying to understand your logic as I believe it's quite flawed?
When I posted that comment there were a lot more comments by other posters that have now been deleted. So it looks slightly out of context and appears much worse than it was.

I was saying you all seem to be focused on Charlotte going to court to ‘prove’ he did what ever he did, yet if he was the monster you (other posters) made him out to be an angry little rapist with a small man complex and anger/control issues who has a reputation for this kind of behaviour then his alleged crime has bound to have happened before?

I haven’t been able to address it for a month

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.