Married at First Sight UK #6 use spoilers plz

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this similar to Whatshischops behaviour from last year? He was paired with April, seemed a nice guy at first but then lots of complaints came out about his behaviour from ex’s once the show was aired? His actual name escapes me but I want to call him George ?! :unsure:
He was actually arrested for it so there must have been significant complaints

Reactions: 7
How did none of us eagled eyed folk not spot this?

Nude man on the balcony in the building opposite

IMG_3596.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I had to stop watching last night. Very rare things bother me but Brad took me back to my ex husband. My ex was one of the first charged with coercive control and it was so hard for people to understand the damage it causes. They understood the bruises and injuries and when they healed people didn’t understand why my mind still hasn’t healed. Like many Brad was triggering and I hate that word normally. It’s the dead shark eyes and the way he spoke to her that bought it all back. Surely Channel 4 have a duty of care to
Shona. I know she sounds like bloody peppa pig but this could really damage her. I also think some kind of short informercial about coercive control after the show would be useful.
Anyway apologies for the me rail I just had to remove myself last night. I’ll be back later to join you all laughing at the newbies xx

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Crazy that when Mel initially asked Brad, “are you hearing the kind of language you’re using like let and allow” he started to be like, absolutely yes it’s deliberate I really want to be that way with her, like he hadn’t even considered it was a red flag and was expecting to be praised for being gracious. His face seemed very shocked when Mel was then like umm no she can think for herself ?? We don’t need you to allow her anything… a true narcissist, he can’t empathise at all.

Found it very difficult to watch when Mel asked her a question and he immediately answered for her and she had to say I’m actually asking Shona

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I had to stop watching last night. Very rare things bother me but Brad took me back to my ex husband. My ex was one of the first charged with coercive control and it was so hard for people to understand the damage it causes. They understood the bruises and injuries and when they healed people didn’t understand why my mind still hasn’t healed. Like many Brad was triggering and I hate that word normally. It’s the dead shark eyes and the way he spoke to her that bought it all back. Surely Channel 4 have a duty of care to
Shona. I know she sounds like bloody peppa pig but this could really damage her. I also think some kind of short informercial about coercive control after the show would be useful.
Anyway apologies for the me rail I just had to remove myself last night. I’ll be back later to join you all laughing at the newbies xx
Totally relate. Big hugs 🫂

I certainly have spoken about my ex on this site a couple of times. I didn't know those signs my gosh I feel for Shona and no way is she at fault.
These types mould you and say all you want to hear.

Brad I hope sees what's blocking him from love 🚫

That's it when you are vunerable to these types it's just so tough. Shona didn't see what her fellow cast mates saw.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Why aren’t there clauses in their contracts? Brad on his insta clearly stating they didn’t stay together, and were friends by the end, Nathaniel saying he got close to another cast member before it’s aired etc?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 10
I actually think the messaging around healthy behaviours in relationships in this show is absolutely dire.

Brad speaking over Shona, discussing their sex life in great details with (essentialy) strangers, dismissing her opinions and generally trying to control her.
Ella pressuring Nathaniel into intimacy despite him being clear he doesn't want to - an the experts supporting Ella and acting like Nathaniel is in the wrong.
Porsha openly gaslighting Terrance and them making him apologise.
Roz and Thomas being forced into a romantic relationship that neither of them seem comfortable with.

They could edit the whole thing into a "how not to relationship" video to show in schools. It's all a bit grim.

I'll still watch it though, obviously.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Why aren’t there clauses in their contracts?
Brad on his insta clearly stating they didn’t stay together, and were friends by the end, Nathaniel saying he got close to another cast member before it’s aired etc?!
Because even if there was would they follow it? There’s a clause on this thread to use spoilers and you’ve not bothered your shirt 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So Brad got a girl pregnant when he was 18/19. He then goes on a National dating show at the age of 20 when said child is a toddler and dates someone from Geordie Shore.

At the age of 27 when his kid is halfway thro primary and has peers aware of reality TV he marries a stranger.

He’s the one going thro life without thought for the consequences, and he thinks he can teach a woman 4yrs his senior how to live her life?

As someone said on the last thread he puts the grim in Grimsby and that’s without talking about those snake scales tattooed on his neck 🤢

Reactions: 42
Finally caught up from last night. Boring as always. Brad is more toxic than Chernobyl. And more bleeping weddings tonight 🥱

Reactions: 12
I’ve started watching the day after & whizzing through the boring bits !

Reactions: 7
Where is the amazing John (be still my beating heart) , taking notes and subsequently cracking his notepad out, to sort Bad Brad out?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.