Marissa Carter - Cocoa Brown

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gosh she’s very lucky her house is ok looking at her stories today. The fire was from emptying an ash bucket…. I don’t know anyone who’d be reckless enough to do that in a garden which is effectively a mini forest. At first I thought it might have been a dodgy set of Christmas lights 🙈 all the work with Woodies would dry up then!
So lucky, how scary though!!! Glad they are all ok!!!

Hold on...did she actually empty an ash bucket into a woodland area? Wtf?! Sorry but you literally leave ashes in a steel bucket for a day outside if there is even a hint of ambers from it.

Glad everyone is safe but seriously...a woodland area!?😵

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I absolutely do not believe that is what started the fire. Guarantee you it was some of her Xmas lights!!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Really disappointed Marissa didn't say or post much in relation to Ashling Murphy, isn't she always going on about empowering women and standing up to bullies. Unfollowed!!

• Heart
Really disappointed Marissa didn't say or post much in relation to Ashling Murphy, isn't she always going on about empowering women and standing up to bullies. Unfollowed!!
I don't know about this logic - I'd rather someone say nothing at all than post something for the sake of it and cock it up, like most of the other influencers did over the last couple of days, I can do without that tokenism.

A post online doesn't change how horrific it was and doesn't mean she wasn't thinking about it, or disgusted by it like everyone else is.

Reactions: 16
I don't know about this logic - I'd rather someone say nothing at all than post something for the sake of it and cock it up, like most of the other influencers did over the last couple of days, I can do without that tokenism.

A post online doesn't change how horrific it was and doesn't mean she wasn't thinking about it, or disgusted by it like everyone else is.
Of course it doesn't change how horrific it was , nothing would.
I was thinking of unfollowing for awhile now anyway and her not being very vocal was a surprise, also there's only so much gardening content I can take.

Reactions: 3
I think a genuine heartfelt post would probably been better than nothing. She’s a mentor, a champion of women etc so given how she’s positioned herself as a woman’s woman I think she probably should have said something.

Reactions: 2
Jeez…I unfollowed her cos she’s a snorefest but she is entitled to not post about it

Jeez…I unfollowed her cos she’s a snorefest but she is entitled to not post about it
It does seem to be one of these unwinnable situations and I'm not sure why.

Options were to post about it (and potentially screw it up like 90% of personalities have done over the last few days) or not post about it (and be ridiculed for not doing so).

You can be a champion of women in business etc and not feel like you have the right words or can put the right sentiment together - and if there was any hint of insincerity about it guaranteed she'd be torn for that one too.

Rightly or wrongly I know of many who will not publicly comment on topical issues/things in the news/ social issues because they feel its not their place or a misstep could be potentially incredibly damaging. I personally don't hate that approach either.

It's just strange IMO that by NOT sharing a post it's reason for people to be annoyed too. She would hardly come out with anything other than what's already been said.

Reactions: 10
What's the story with Marissa? She used to be so vibrant. Her social now is a total snooze fest. Gardening and DIY!? Cringe. Carter Beauty is just a crap beauty brand and she's burned her bridges with Cocoa Brown (which she never owned no matter what she claims!! Was always run/owned by Sundrelle). I keep expecting her to make some big announcement about what she's gonna do next.

Marissa seems to have gotten her entire garden pretty much landscaped for free!! Getting built in bbq and now a "snug" with a fireplace!!

Marissa seems to have gotten her entire garden pretty much landscaped for free!! Getting built in bbq and now a "snug" with a fireplace!!
It’s gone from her stories now, but I thought she said she was collaborating with Kilsaran to do a show garden / area type thing in one of their locations. I thought that’s where the snug / fireplace was going!

The amount she seems to spend on the house & garden makes her seem entirely out of touch with the struggles that most normal people are experiencing at the moment, with the cost of living rising so quickly.

Reactions: 1
So she’s spent the last 2 years in the garden planting etc and now it’s all dug up for ponds snugs and fire pits - am I wrong ?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I was thinking this recently, she used to be this big woman in business and now she's just at home doing DIY, fair enough if she's happy.

Also the Disneyland video she just posted where she's "holding the kids in her hand" so embarrassed at her walking round filming herself with her arm out like that. The things they have to do for content.

• Haha
I really don't understand these press trips. Disney does not need adverts like this. Would the money she gets and the cost not be better spent to help families put food in their children's mouths. Not spent on kids who's mummy and daddy can spend 50k plus on their garden just because.... its all a bit ick really... Marissa know it too... hence why she hasn't spoken once.

Reactions: 13