Mamamia #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Theyā€™ve deleted some of the juicier comments sadly!

Hey when did Elfy Scott leave? I heard actual reputable writers and commentators speak favourably about her work and thought she mustnā€™t be at MMOL anymore šŸ™Š

Reactions: 6
Theyā€™ve deleted some of the juicier comments sadly!

Hey when did Elfy Scott leave? I heard actual reputable writers and commentators speak favourably about her work and thought she mustnā€™t be at MMOL anymore šŸ™Š
The timing of her leaving lined up pretty clearly with Mamamiaā€™s stance on Gaza becoming obvious imho.

Reactions: 8
So when they announced the tour and that tickets would be offered to subscribers first, they tried to push people to subscribe not to miss out as it may sell out
Well it looks like tickets are still availablešŸ˜†šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It actually makes me feel a little queasy. Remember when Outloud took a massively extended break in the new year because Mia and Jessie had swanned off on yet another holiday? All the other podcasts continued during that time. Working there must be fantastic, as long as you're one of Mia's favourites.

I'm so glad talent like the Shameless girls and Emma Gillespie left to shine elsewhere!

In other news, I did have a little eye roll moment when listening to yesterday's Life Uncut episode. Laura called out people for centring themselves in the Westfield attack. I then listened to Outloud and OF COURSE Claire was the one to centre herself. The same was true with her instagram stories over the weekend.
The holiday thing is interesting. Mia and Jessie are off in Fiji together and Luca. Most work places thereā€™s a process to taking annual leave and you need to put in requests and make sure other people in your team arenā€™t away at the same time. I wonder if the other staff members get the shits that they just up and go away whenever they feel like it.

Reactions: 15
From the Facebook group, how do I get my (presumably adult) son to get priority surgery for a non-life threatening procedure.

I guess this is where the twins get their sense of entitlement from: the post is from their mother about their brother.

Screenshot_20240419_204434_Facebook.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Oh please. Heā€™ll get the surgery when he needs to get it. Be thankful that itā€™s not urgent and that heā€™s not one of the people needing to be rushed in. Yes itā€™s annoying, but if heā€™s been bumped, thereā€™s a good reason.

Reactions: 18
Also isnā€™t he ā€œspecial needsā€ so she probably thinks that entitles him to priority treatment too.
No thatā€™s their cousin
---
From the Facebook group, how do I get my (presumably adult) son to get priority surgery for a non-life threatening procedure.

I guess this is where the twins get their sense of entitlement from: the post is from their mother about their brother.

View attachment 2884861
Holy tit this is a new level of tone deaf

lol non-urgent surgery being bumped for urgent surgery is likeā€¦. exactly how that should work.
ā€œLook Iā€™m sorry that your baby is in distress and you both might die if you donā€™t get into theatre this instant, but my fully grown adult baby is a bit bored of waiting aroundā€¦soā€¦ā€

Reactions: 25
Bitchy I know but love that they havenā€™t sold out their live shows yet and Mia is spruiking them from her holiday šŸ¤£

• Haha

View attachment 2884861
I was so shocked by this post that I didnā€™t even notice who the OP was. Itā€™s ridiculous, what a self-centered woman. Years ago, I was in hospital in Melbourne with a broken wrist. It was bad - the whole thing was smashed and it was hanging from a hook to keep it elevated. I was bumped from surgery for 4 days and it was HARD. I was on nil by mouth all day long, then theyā€™d tell me at 10pm I had to wait another day. Multiply that by 4 and you get pretty over it. BUT. I was fully aware that I wasnā€™t the top priority and I had no choice but to wait. I heard one day I got bumped by a 70 year old man who fell off a roof. Mate - take my spot. I can wait. The fact that he keeps getting bumped is proof that itā€™s not urgent. That whole family need a reality check.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Bitchy I know but love that they havenā€™t sold out their live shows yet and Mia is spruiking them from her holiday šŸ¤£
I had a sneaky look at the Sydney show tickets yesterday and there are loads of tickets available in the back sections. I thought it was interesting that there are huge sections of seats available together, so suspect maybe these are the tickets that were released after the subscribers got first pick. Not sure of the ticket prices in Sydney, but Brisbane was $89 - $129 which I think is expensive?
IMG_9268.png
IMG_9269.png
IMG_9272.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5