Mamamia #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s sort of her fault for creating a platform which presents itself as one that discusses serious topics (though they’ve never done it well!). If her platform was just for lifestyle/parenting/beauty/fitness/fashion/celeb gossip she could avoid serious stuff by saying it’s not part of the brand.

Reactions: 12
She’s not out of touch. This is an entirely deliberate move. She knows that there are enough mamamia followers who would superficially not be impressed if she outright admitted she was a Zionist Pro Genocide Queen, so she is strategically keeping her trap shut.

Reactions: 12
It’s sort of her fault for creating a platform which presents itself as one that discusses serious topics (though they’ve never done it well!). If her platform was just for lifestyle/parenting/beauty/fitness/fashion/celeb gossip she could avoid serious stuff by saying it’s not part of the brand.
EXACTLY.

The whole Mamamia brand has been pretend “journalism”, which makes the lack of coverage even more stark.

I listen to Shameless and that confesses to be sugary and light and fluffy so I don’t expect them to do a deep dive into the Palestine/Israel conflict. But even they have acknowledged that it is happening.

Reactions: 13
I have a new hobby for the Christmas/New Year holiday - every time I see a silly facutal or grammatical error in a Mamamia article I comment on the article pointing it out. I'm currently at 2 for 2 of having my comment not posted, but the error I pointed out fixed.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I just listened to the subscriber ep with Jessie & Luca and how they’re finding being parents. PAINFUL! Luca sounds painful. He is a mini MIA. And his voice…annoying vocal fry. And there’s a part 2. Oh can’t wait for that!!!
I listened to part two and it was painful! Luca came off as a know it all partner who was almost speaking over Jessie. He told the doctor how to diagnose his child and was adamant that he knew best. The episode was dedicated to the “letter” that Jessie sent Luca, that he didn’t remember (???), about how she was struggling with him not understanding the shift in their relationship post baby. He is definitely not my kind of male feminist - seems a bit dressed up to suit being Mia’s son. I get the feeling he is the dominant person in their relationship.

Reactions: 19
Should we give thread #3 a name?

Thread suggestion:

Mamamia #3 the twins and their babies are doing fine, why won't Mia address Palestine?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Should we give thread #3 a name?

Thread suggestion:

Mamamia #3 the twins and their babies are doing fine, why won't Mia address Palestine?
Yes 👏👏
---
She’s not out of touch. This is an entirely deliberate move. She knows that there are enough mamamia followers who would superficially not be impressed if she outright admitted she was a Zionist Pro Genocide Queen, so she is strategically keeping her trap shut.
And how would they have broken it to the writers who work there? A HR meeting where they are all specifically told not to address the war/speak of it/ write about it because of Mia's beliefs?

Reactions: 5
I hate the term Lazy Gewl with a passion. I can’t stand it! Those twins have made it their whole personality. They both seem pretty successful in their jobs so not tooooo lazy gewl.

Reactions: 16
I hate the term Lazy Gewl with a passion. I can’t stand it! Those twins have made it their whole personality. They both seem pretty successful in their jobs so not tooooo lazy gewl.
I am the same. It’s BS. And a front for them to act one way on podcasts but behind the scenes are not lazy at all but doing a lot. And it’s also an excuse for sh*tty social behaviour.

Reactions: 10
It's so bad, like I don't think she has mentioned wanting a ceasefire and when they quickly touched on it in the best and worst in their last podcast of the year, she only mentioned the attack by Hamas.

Reactions: 11
Cool. Thanks Mia. We know Hamas is bad. We know bad stuff happened on 7 October. I guess I’ve just been distracted by months of other “bad stuff” since then 🙄

Reactions: 21

I cringe and die a little inside every time I see it written down. They find a way to infantilise everything.

Reactions: 7
‘Grace’. Right.
God I hate these bloody words! It’s ridiculous. Watching 3 white women fawn over themselves about all their intentions (which will never be fulfilled) is so boring.
Jessie birth words 🙄. Christ. Could she be more lame.
Mia using Jessie’s word in 2023 (shock it was family!) and then making it all about her. How hard her year must have been with a wedding and a new baby. Poor Mia 😥

Jessie - Kind (probably a fail already and so virtuous)
Mia - Grace (let’s hope she finds some because as per her own description she seems lacking)
Holly - Community (the only one that is grounded and practical)

Reactions: 13
What's so different about their new exercise app?
There are lots of free workouts on Youtube with people of all sizes and abilities

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.