Makeup Game Changers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Benefit Hoola Bronzer but I HATE the packaging, it’s hard to swirl your brush around evenly.
Cam anyone recommend a nice bronzing powder similar to Hoola. Don’t mind about the price as it always last me ages and will be a treat.
I really like the urban decay beached bronzer. I’ve hit pan on it which never happens, and will definitely repurchase

Reactions: 1
I love Benefit Hoola Bronzer but I HATE the packaging, it’s hard to swirl your brush around evenly.
Cam anyone recommend a nice bronzing powder similar to Hoola. Don’t mind about the price as it always last me ages and will be a treat.

Only saw this after posting myself. Is the Nars Laguna similar to Hoola? Is it matte?
I know what you mean I have the Cheekleaders palette and it’s so much better than the individual boxes blush/bronzers!!
Laguna is lovely, it’s matte and very much like Hoola tone wise.
Check out Thebalm bronzers too they have a really nice selection of tones similar to Hoola, quite reasonably priced too.

Reactions: 2
Quick question ... not strictly make up but wondering if anyone has any suggestions ..... I'm mid/late 50's and looking for a good eye cream to try and minimise the wrinkles.... I was using a Tropic one but not overly impressed..... TIA :)

Quick question ... not strictly make up but wondering if anyone has any suggestions ..... I'm mid/late 50's and looking for a good eye cream to try and minimise the wrinkles.... I was using a Tropic one but not overly impressed..... TIA :)
Matrixyl gets rid of fine lines especially around the eyes. I have been using a really cheap brand called Eclat from Amazon. They have a eye serum that has definitely helped with my eyes. I’ve actually used a lot of their products and haven’t been disappointed yet.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define concealer. Only £5 it’s brilliant if you like a fuller coverage.
Do you remember when everyone was raving about this being a tarte shape tape dupe?! I found it worked better on me than the shape tape did! I raved about it to everyone lol

It is quite nice for full coverage, for lighter coverage i swear by the maybeline instant eraser one.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Matrixyl gets rid of fine lines especially around the eyes. I have been using a really cheap brand called Eclat from Amazon. They have a eye serum that has definitely helped with my eyes. I’ve actually used a lot of their products and haven’t been disappointed yet.
Thank you for this - I've found it on Amazon but out of stock and no sign of it being in stock - can see it on ebay ... its £29.99 does that sound about right ?

is it this one ? Thanks in advance :)

• Wow
i'm very pale with rosacea - nyx sweet cheeks matte blush in taupe works really well as a contour. find it doesn't pull orange if it overlaps with any redness and it's cool enough to add shadow without making me look any greyer!

• Heart

Only saw this after posting myself. Is the Nars Laguna similar to Hoola? Is it matte?
I love the physicians formula butter bronzer, it is LUSH

find a retinol eye cream! inkey list do a nice one 😊

Do you remember when everyone was raving about this being a tarte shape tape dupe?! I found it worked better on me than the shape tape did! I raved about it to everyone lol

It is quite nice for full coverage, for lighter coverage i swear by the maybeline instant eraser one.
Yeah people were going crazy for it!
Ive never tried Shape Tape as it’s so hard to get ahold of in the UK. Going to the US in a few months so definitely going to compare the 2

the bobbi brown vitamin enriched face base is fab, mines nearly run out so I’m not looking forward to buying it again, it’s so expensive 😭
Oh also to reply to this - the weleda skin food is meant to be very very similar to this! I’ve seen a lot of people say it!

Charlotte Tilbury contour wand and the blush wand are two of my holy grails. Pinkgasm is just divine on my skin.

I found a dupe by Revolution Pro for nars radiant creamy concealer, i’ll find a picture tomorrow but it’s basically the same!

• Heart
@noseybirdxo Dont you find the CT Contour wand a bit hard to blend? I do at times. Do you use the brush that came with it? I love the colour of it, but it just takes me so long to blend out so i find myself reaching for a different contour on a day to day :)

People reference Maybelline mascaras all the time. Is there one that gives a natural look plus does not budge? I use a tubing mascara that does all that but looking for a cheaper brand.

People reference Maybelline mascaras all the time. Is there one that gives a natural look plus does not budge? I use a tubing mascara that does all that but looking for a cheaper brand.
Maybelline - Lash Sensational, it's in a pink tube

Reactions: 5
@noseybirdxo Dont you find the CT Contour wand a bit hard to blend? I do at times. Do you use the brush that came with it? I love the colour of it, but it just takes me so long to blend out so i find myself reaching for a different contour on a day to day :)
Mine didn’t come with a brush so i’m not sure what brush you mean sorry? I just put one/two dots on each side and I use a slanted/contour brush - i think it’s a morphe one, and i brush up upwards and tap it in, I find it blends really well as a creamy/liquid consistency. I’ll take a pic of the brush I use shortly xx

• Heart
I have a very red cheek & chin area (broken veins unfortunately) - does anyone know of a good primer to use under foundation to mask this?

Thank you for this - I've found it on Amazon but out of stock and no sign of it being in stock - can see it on ebay ... its £29.99 does that sound about right ?

is it this one ? Thanks in advance :)

No way, don’t pay that!! It was like £6 on Amazon!!! The Ordinary does a similar serum if you search for Matrixyl.

• Heart
No way, don’t pay that!! It was like £6 on Amazon!!! The Ordinary does a similar serum if you search for Matrixyl.
Thank you so much..... I had no idea how much it would be so glad I've checked... I will put a watch on it on Amazon and in the meantime look at the other one..... appreciate your advice :)

I've been using The Ordinary Matrixyl 10% HA along with their Airgireline and I'm really pleased with the results, especially for something so cheap.