Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I like Maisie, she’s not my favourite but she seems okay as a person to me. My fave in Strictly at the moment is Jamie but I kind of think that Maisie should have been top last night. Her dance had one mistake the judges honed in on but was a different level technique and choreography wise to everyone else’s, to my untrained eyes anyway! And most others made mistakes also that the judges didn’t make a deal out of.
She’s too much for me but I do feel a bit sorry for her. She’s getting a harder time from the Judges - well Shirley in particular - than the others. It’s easy to say they expect more from her because she’s obviously a good dancer but it’s starting to look a bit like she can’t do anything right whereas others are blatantly overmarked.

I love Bill and Oti but I think I watched a different dance from the Judges last night and imo JJ was overmarked again.

She’s not everyone’s cup of tea though and even if she is the best dancer, I don’t think she’ll win.

Reactions: 6

ellonor

max’s relationship history is very unpredictable … he cheated on Michelle keegan when they were engaged, then dated model nina adgal for a bit when he moved to America after TW ended, then dated an American pageant queen for a few years, moved in with her and got dogs etc, seemed to be quite serious… then they split up and he moved back to England and now lives with his nan I think 😅 Maisie used to be a big fan of the wanted and she went to a few of their tour dates in march and apparently was seen by fans leaving the strictly tour bus when max was singing at the shows recently… apparently him and Stacey had split before the tour but she was seen at the Manchester date

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

CarrierPigeon

VIP Member
Anyone watching SAS Who Dares Wins? Maisie’s hasn’t been featured, apart from maybe walking past someone else being filmed - there was a panoramic shot of her in a thong in the first programme - I’d imagine her thinking that she was going to be featured a lot more!

Reactions: 5

Anfield Annie

Generally true but I think it's also down to how they come across, the likes of Jay McGuiness and Alesha Dixon both won despite being ringers. Based on everything I've read about Maisie, I can't see the public liking her.

Same for HRVY who is equally as much of a ringer and probably won't fare well in the voting as he appeals to the youth demographic. It's hard to see who the audience would root for this year.
I think the difference between her and the (fabulous!) Jay is that at least , even if he was a ringer or had previous experience he at least at the good grace to show humility throughout his journey....and that is what a lot of the public liked about him I think...

Jellybb

VIP Member
Just watched her strutting her stuff in next to nothing on the Strictly insta... It’s like she’s trying to impress Gorka... 🤔
Looks like it 🤦‍♀️ It’s strange as Gemma hasn’t posted any stories on insta in support of gorkas new partner as she did when he was partnered with Katie piper 🤨

tippingpoint

VIP Member
She has a very pushy stage mother who appears often in her Instagram and TikTok videos. When she did the Children in Need Strictly her mum appeared under every social media clip pretty much begging the main show to have her on.
Sorry to quote you when you posted so long ago but that’s crazy you just said that! My mum text me after watching Strictly on Saturday to said the following -

“ Maisie has her own mind but too much of a perfectionist... can only be from her mum or dad I think as she's so young. X She's like an old fashioned child actor from Hollywood like Judy Garland... she"s been made into a robot for someone else's earnings x“

It’s all making sense now!!!

I feel like Gorka doesn’t like her, to be honest I don’t think many people do
Gemma Atkinson (who I love) was asked about her on that god awful lunch with Steph show and she was basically like “so yeah they’ll do great” 🤣🤣🤣🤣 nothing more

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Just watched her strutting her stuff in next to nothing on the Strictly insta... It’s like she’s trying to impress Gorka... 🤔
As if Gorka is even going to look at her when he’s with Gemma! Silly girl. Though it makes you wonder if the pushy mother is behind it, ‘the strictly curse’ creates huge headlines.

I found the whole Alexandra,Gorka,Gemma dynamic fascinating at the time. In the beginning Alex and Gorka got on really well, and then suddenly it cooled and he looked as though he couldn’t stand to be in the same room as her. There should be a thread on here about Strictly!

• Heart