Madonna

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a huge M fan but I’m with you all the way!! The sycophant fans just can’t see how bad she looks. They say she looks pretty, beautiful and we shouldn’t be slagging her off!!
She absolutely doesn't. She deserves the ridicule.
She's ruined herself for vanity or attention I don't know which. As yel says it'll probably settle down but I will never understand this look.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Someone on another thread thinks this is a manifestation of her still trying to shock by morphing into a campy grotesque. It’s not outwith the realms of possibility but either way, she’s butchered herself. Looking at the pic of her sister drives that home tenfold.
I replied to that comment (on Secret Celebrity Gossip thread https://tattle.life/threads/secret-celebrity-gossip-105.37138/page-17#post-13886073), but I don't really get where that commenter was coming from. Madonna is too self-obsessed and vain to do that.

And, if that is the bizarre end goal, Amanda Lepore did it better (or worse, depending on your point of view). Not a slur on transsexuals, but I think Amanda's schtick is that she WANTED to look exaggeratedly-female.

I'll stay with my original opinion that people are too afraid to say no to Madonna - and she shops around for procedures when people do say no.

Reactions: 7
Totally agree. I loved the Ray of Light period. She looked natural. She looked great at the time of the Rebel Heart Tour - natural and looking older - but then after that the surgery started. I love this picture as it shows her through the years.

View attachment 1949675

Thank you for posting all these pictures. She looks stunning in each one, outfits, hair, make up, accessories, absolutely everything is on point. Perfection.

She started going rapidly downhill, imo, after doing that collab with Nicki Minaj and MIA. (Gimme All Your Lovin’). Her desperation started showing around then as she literally glommed on to the two ‘coolest’ female rappers in the world and it just didn’t work. You can see this play out at the Super Bowl performance that year, where she also surrounded herself with the likes of LMFAO, who were the biggest selling artists of that year, but throughout the whole performance, she just couldn’t keep up. It would have been AMAZING if she had shared the stage with contemporaries from her previous 1980s/90s era, even someone like Lenny Kravitz who did all the Justify My Love stuff with her. And how about she invited Donna and Niki back or the old Vogue dancers (who did that great documentary about the Blonde Ambition tour). The crowd would have gone wild.

And lately, (couple years ago) no one cares about that Maluma fella who looks about 12 next to her.

I weep for what Madonna has become, it’s such a slap in the face for her painfully loyal fans.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Never liked her, always seemed like a try hard and a nasty individual. Had some good songs, that's the best I could say.

Reactions: 9
I recall an interview ages & ages ago. She said she didn't care about the fans who seemed to adore her. If there was one person in the crowd who seemed unimpressed or not enjoying the show, that was the person she was determined to impress. It was words to that effect and I am talking about her very early days, not that she seems to have reduced the neediness for adoration! 😶
Total narc
---

Never liked her, always seemed like a try hard and a nasty individual. Had some good songs, that's the best I could say.
Very nasty woman all about her "me myself and I and the rest of you can rot in hell"

Reactions: 8
Totally agree. I loved the Ray of Light period. She looked natural. She looked great at the time of the Rebel Heart Tour - natural and looking older - but then after that the surgery started. I love this picture as it shows her through the years.

View attachment 1949675
Bless her. I know that she probably isn't always the nicest person but she has tried hard for decades. It must be so effing exhausting never being able to just relax in your own skin.
Love your username @CrazyBaldhead, I see you pop up here and there and everything it puts the song in my head 🇯🇲

Reactions: 5
Bless her. I know that she probably isn't always the nicest person but she has tried hard for decades. It must be so effing exhausting never being able to just relax in your own skin.
Love your username @CrazyBaldhead, I see you pop up here and there and everything it puts the song in my head 🇯🇲
Massive Bob Marley (& The Wailers) fan!!! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Although she hasn't really had a big hit in over a decade, she's still I believe the best selling female artist ever. Part of that is obviously because now in streaming days hardly anyone buys music.

She's still had so many good songs, not because she's a great vocalist but because she's good at choosing who to get on board to make music with. It's always been a bit ridiculous this rebellious image when she's so controlled and professional.

Many of her albums have been patchy (American life is probably the worst imo) but every album has had some great songs.

She's just posted this story. Doesn't really add up I'm afraid as she really hasn't been through this before. In the past it was pearl clutchers and similar, now it's almost everyone from young teens on tiktok to people that have supported her since holiday being critical.

To be honest I don't really blame her doubling down and calling others the problem, I'd probably get defensive and do the same 😆. She isn't going to do a Courtney Cox and say "yeah, I've gone a bit too far". It doesn't help real misogyny and ageism pretending that's what's happening to her.

Reactions: 10
Although she hasn't really had a big hit in over a decade, she's still I believe the best selling female artist ever. Part of that is obviously because now in streaming days hardly anyone buys music.

She's still had so many good songs, not because she's a great vocalist but because she's good at choosing who to get on board to make music with. It's always been a bit ridiculous this rebellious image when she's so controlled and professional.

Many of her albums have been patchy (American life is probably the worst imo) but every album has had some great songs.

She's just posted this story. Doesn't really add up I'm afraid as she really hasn't been through this before. In the past it was pearl clutchers and similar, now it's almost everyone from young teens on tiktok to people that have supported her since holiday being critical.

To be honest I don't really blame her doubling down and calling others the problem, I'd probably get defensive and do the same 😆. She isn't going to do a Courtney Cox and say "yeah, I've gone a bit too far". It doesn't help real misogyny and ageism pretending that's what's happening to her.
View attachment 1951081
I loved her look in the Justify My Love era. Very Marilyn. 😍

So I am/ was a massive Michael Jackson fan. I don't think there is that many people out there who loved that man's music as much as me. However, I can and will always say of course he went too far with his surgery. You can still be a fan and recognise someone's flaws. It's ridiculous when hard-core fans can't see and admit that their heroes make mistakes too. Madonna is an icon and no one will take that away from her, her music is amazing- speaks for itself. I think she's another victim of the sycophants that she surrounds herself with the 'oh you look amazing!' Gang Just with Michael people get star struck and find it hard to say no to the surgeries/ procedures. I feel sorry for M because there is a pressure for women to stay looking youthful and she has this legacy of constantly evolving and changing her looks. She's still in that cycle of what she's always known but someone needs to tell her to maybe just relax abit now, but i suppose when it's all you've known it's very hard to stop.
I always think as much as celebrity and fame can seem so exciting and desirable it's also very much a gilded cage. Only the really grounded ones with no life traumas escape some of the madness it brings.
Let's face it, she looks ridiculous and it's such a shame.

Reactions: 10
The DM today ran a piece saying she was glad to not be puffy from surgery now. They didn’t say what the surgery was, but must have been facial I guess.

They were just repeating her tweet.

She definitely miscalculated how long it would take to recover after whatever she had done.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Absolutely love this song from the Ray of Light era! 💯

---
My favourite! I remember playing this song to death on my Sony Walkman in Venice on my holiday! Great memories! 💖💖💖💖🧚

Last edited:
  • Heart
I was working for HMV when that came out and if I remember correctly, we had permission from the record label to play the first single, Frozen, the day before it was released, but we couldn't sell any until the actual release date. And the first time we put it on the entire shop stopped and went silent to listen, it was amazing. (And then we had a lot of very cross people who didn't want to come back the following day!)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I was working for HMV when that came out and if I remember correctly, we had permission from the record label to play the first single, Frozen, the day before it was released, but we couldn't sell any until the actual release date. And the first time we put it on the entire shop stopped and went silent to listen, it was amazing. (And then we had a lot of very cross people who didn't want to come back the following day!)
Just for you, another amazing song! 😘😘

• Heart
I’m a huge M fan but I’m with you all the way!! The sycophant fans just can’t see how bad she looks. They say she looks pretty, beautiful and we shouldn’t be slagging her off!!
They're as delusional as the Britney fans who refuse to admit to themselves that Brit is a very unwell woman who needs help. It's people with "love goggles" (to borrow a quote from the excellent Frasier) to an extreme degree.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.