Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Falkor

VIP Member
I was working for HMV when that came out and if I remember correctly, we had permission from the record label to play the first single, Frozen, the day before it was released, but we couldn't sell any until the actual release date. And the first time we put it on the entire shop stopped and went silent to listen, it was amazing. (And then we had a lot of very cross people who didn't want to come back the following day!)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
F

FamHam

I think Madonna is a good dancer/entertainer and is entrepreneurial. shes changed the industry and is iconic.

sad she can't be happy with her achievements and fights this losing battle with ageing.

lady gaga is just way more talented as she can sing, act and seems way more mature.

Madonna is like a con artist with these beauty products, she's been photographed lots looking her age - she looks good but without makeup and good lighting she looks around her age. Things like the drake kiss are just embarrassing.
madonna no makeup.jpg

@annanuttall Just playing ray of light for the first time in ages, makes me feel young again! Really liked it at the time.

• Heart
  • Wow

Blockster

That video of her on her instagram talking about her crapoy upcoming tour, shes talking about licking ar*e holes 🤢🤢 disgusting. Why does she insist on acting like a teenager? Its so cringe and her bleached eyebrows make her look even more puffy and bizarre than she already looks!
That's the thing it's so cringe. All of them round the table talking about sex as if it's really controversial and edgy! It's boring Madonna, she'd be more interesting if she spoke about something else, even if it's what she had for breakfast!

• Heart

Onthehop

VIP Member
I have never liked her or her music / videos I just think the evil in her is coming out she always struck me as a very nasty piece of work with more confidence and bloody mindedness than talent. And why on earth did she adopt those poor kids from Africa, she's not the maternal type as far as I can make out, even her biological son didn't want to be with her.
I agree, I have met two people who had separate dealings with her. Both said that she was an absolute nightmare. They had both met many celebrities in their lines of work. I asked them who was the worst. Both said. Madonna. Without a doubt. Terribly rude and self absorbed.

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I find it really odd that Madonna wants to show off her privates and it looks like she's had breast enlargement. It was dubious attention seeking when she was young but now it just looks sleazy and desperate.

There are plenty of women in the music business who are still performing and looking great for their ages who don't feel the need to do this - Stevie Nicks and Debbie Harry for example.

You can look glamorous as an older woman but dressing like a hooker... why?

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I also think that Madonna is most likely addicted to pain medication. It seems to happen a lot in tinsel town, they get the meds after an injury and then can't give them up.
These attention seeking stunts are really getting boring now 😴

• Haha
  • Wow

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
This has just brought forth the stark reality i have no contingency plans for Madonna's death :eek: never thought there'd be a time without her. Haven't followed her career since like a prayer and think she's an arsehole but by god she has stayed relevant for decades which is a skill in itself. She's the original queen of pop. Never thought she'd end up on drugs if that's what's happened. Though if it's painkillers you can understand why she's become addicted.

Blockster

My daughter is gen Z and she thinks Madonna is very creepy. I think she finds her relationships with young men very predatory but she also feels the same about older men and younger women.
Funny thing is both my kids are that generation and in many ways they are quite conservative and abit prudish!

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Gosh, don't know much about it but sounds serious.

----

Breaking News image
Madonna has postponed her world tour after a stay in intensive care with a serious bacterial infection, but a full recovery is expected.

According to her manager, the global popstar developed a serious bacterial infection, which led to "a several day stay in ICU".

In a statement, Guy Oseary said Madonna's health is improving, but she is still under medical care.

Madonna announced the 35-date worldwide tour at the beginning of year.

The pop icon aimed to celebrate the 40th anniversary of her breakout single, Holiday, by embarking on her first ever greatest hits tour.

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

• Wow
  • Sad

Brummiebird

VIP Member
Thai is giving me George Michael vibes. Remember he collapsed whilst on tour in Vienna and was incubated in ICU with some pneumonia thing. That was the beginning of the end for him.

• Sad

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I do think with the cosmetic procedures she can't really win. People praised her so much for her look around music and ray of light when she was no doubt having a fair bit of subtle work done.

It's easy to say now she's had too much done and shouldn't have done it, but would her career have lasted so long if she hadn't of started down this path 25+ years ago? Quite possibly not. Entertainment is a fickle business and women are still regularly chucked on the scrap heap once they aren't in their 30s.

She's been the but of jokes for a long time before the recent procedures, this 30 rock is over a decade old.
exactly this. when people say “oh she should have aged naturally, she would look so good and so cool now” - that’s a lovely and very rose tinted viewpoint, we all know that if that was the case she would get absolutely rinsed in the media for daring to look her age. plus, she’s a pop girl. is there really a pop woman who has let herself age as “normal”?! i can’t think of one.

she couldn’t have won either way. if she’d aged “normally” everyone would say she looks old. she’s had procedures to avoid that and so now she looks “weird”. and it’s a shame that she (like so many) kept going several procedures too many and, in the end, just completely wrecked her face.

• Heart

lilyannrose

Chatty Member
I'm listening to Ray of Light and it's making me so sad to know she went from that to this.

Over twenty years on and it's such an incredible album, totally timeless and not one bad track. The videos and the Drowned World tour were phenomenal as well.

She could have become an icon for older female performers if she'd just accepted age with grace. Could have gone the route of making music in the same vein as Substitute for Love, which is so gorgeous, rather than insisting on all the leaping about the stage flashy stuff still. It's horrible seeing what's actually happened.

Blockster

She's probably in rehab. That's why no update on tour. Those blinds I read a while ago said this has happened before and it's only a matter of time before she dies.
It must have been a very close call which is why they went with bacterial infection, it's abit like treatment for exhaustion, translated means been on a bender of cocaine for months and havent slept!

• Sad
  • Wow

LittlemissM

VIP Member
I saw Madonna on the “who’s that girl?” Tour in 1987.. she was so cool. I desperately wanted to be like her, hair, clothes, a bit of make up… but now?! Fuck no!!! Totally absorbed in some odd world filled with yes people.. shame