Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Curly Top

VIP Member
She is often cited as a celebrity with Narcissistic Personality Disorder along with the likes of Donald Trump, Kim Kardashian, Mariah Carey and Tom Cruise. These people - and especially the ones who've dined out on their looks and personal charm - find the ageing process much harder than others. Their true personality then tends to shine through as they are not getting the adulation they need.

My own mother had NPD and her good looks and effervescent personality fooled a lot of people but as she aged she couldn't cope with not being the "belle of the ball" at most functions and her grouchiness and snideness came through. It was very gratifying when people began to realise her true nature. Finally, my sisters and I received sympathy for having to deal with her behind closed doors for decades.

I believe this is what is happening with Madonna.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
That picture of her on Vanity Fair. Talk about elevating yourself to God like heights. What a yawn she is. Still mocking the church and being gross about sex. And in her dreams does she look like her edited pictures. Debbie Harry always did it so much better.

Nordic

I’ve no problem with older women doing what they want, dressing how they like and not being restricted by age.
But nothing about Madonna looks carefree or natural.
compare her to the older Debbie Harry…

• Heart
S

SherlockHuns

I've just done an essay on her for uni. She technically isn't actually a good singer. She cowrites and writes her own material but interestingly a few of her most famous hits were actually just written by men. The thing with Madonna though is she was iconic because of her style and she also became big around the time MTV was launched so music video was huge and played a big part in her being considered an icon. If she hadn't of had video and the controversial topics in them I'm not sure she would have been as huge as she was. She's very good at manipulating media into creating her persona for her.

Honeytheonions

Chatty Member
I think if Madonna got rid of the arse implants, cheek implants and dressed classy in maybe old school Chanel or something, she could get some respect back. No one wants to see her tits and arse, we saw them back in the 90's and weren't keen then! I wouldn't say she is talentless, she obviously has balls and knows an opportunity when she sees one, but now needs to accept she is simply too old to compete with the youngsters, not that I think the modern trends are even particularly sexy or attractive.

Reactions: 18

Curly Top

VIP Member
Annie Lennox has aged well. She doesn't appear to have done too much to her face but I suppose she's not so much in the public eye.

Poddular

VIP Member
I see she's blaming all the predictable ISMs this morning. No Madonna it's got nothing to do with age or sex . You have paid for these procedures through your vanity/ fear of a few laughter lines/narcissism and have ended up looking like a freak and people are going to comment.
It's the opposite of rebellious, cool and edgy.

Sadly I think she has a huge drink or prescription drugs problem. Who wouldn't with that looking back at you in the mirror.

SmillieKylie

VIP Member
This is in my top 5 Madonna songs. The whole Music album is amazing, so upbeat but emotional too.

I adore ’What it feels like for a girl’, also in my top 5, sometimes my fav track of hers, that changes with my moods 😁 I‘d been a Madonna fan since I was a little girl, loved her I did, this track came out when I was 24, really struggling at times with what is was to be a girl, Madonna so spoke to me hearing this track, her lyrics really expressed what it was to be a girl, the double standards inflicted by society and how we are often considered inferior, especially in the work place.

Strong inside but you don't know it
Good little girls, they never show it
When you open up your mouth to speak could you be a little weak?
Do you know what it feels like for a girl?
Do you know what it feels like in this world for a girl?

She actually said this about the track…

Madonna reflected on how her generation of women had been encouraged to be independent, be educated and take over any opportunity life bestowed upon them. But she had realized that being a smart and accomplished woman can come across as threat to men, thereby making them a casualty. Madonna questioned, "Why didn't somebody tell me? Why didn't somebody warn me?' And that's also what that song is about—swallowing that bitter pill... It was a combination of that, and also just feeling incredibly vulnerable that inspired the song.

I couldn’t have loved her more at this time, this is the Madonna I like to remember, and like many of you have said I’m so sad to see what she has become over recent years, but I think we all knew Madonna was never going to age gracefully, just ain’t her way, and yes the pressure to look young in the pop world was always there on her shoulder. I so hope she doesn‘t do the tour, I don’t think she is capable of touring such a gruelling schedule anymore without serious consequence to her health, I do fear it will take her as that tour Michael Jackson was about to do took him, but can see her attempting it once she recovers from whatever happened to her. Don’t do it material girl, even though you lost me rather over the years, I ain’t ready for you to depart yet, I still have love for her from all those days when she was really something very special.

• Heart

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
I doubt Madonna cares much that her peers died young, she comes across as self centered, cold and nasty to me.

donutwitch

Chatty Member
I’m loving this thread, I’ve found her so cringe and uncomfortable these last few years, it’s so nice to remember that when she was good, she was bloody excellent! there was nobody in her league in the 90s and early 2000s!! ❤

• Heart

Eirawen

VIP Member
I'm the same age as Madge. Yes I have white hair now and a few extra curves but bloody hell I'm glad I don't look like she does!
Same here, I stopped dyeing my hair as the face was looking older than the hair. No way would I want that massive moon shaped shiny face of hers with the fish like lips.

• Haha

Baconbutties

VIP Member
madonna-ray-of-light-album-cd-cover.jpg
images.jpeg

She could of aged so gracefully. She looked so good in the early 2000s and I think she would of now if she hadn't ruined her face. She's just a mess 😥

• Heart

WritersBlock

I absolutely loved her Like A Prayer comeback and went onto the Vogue era which I absolutely loved. The Immaculate Collection was my pre-pubescent listening I just thought she was the ultimate. As a very anxious and insular child, she was everything I wanted to be and longed to be, as a woman. Free, sexy, clever, confident and yes; arrogant and vulnerable too. This is what makes me so sad, I think, because she’s now some of the things I dislike. But, wow, she was smoking hot!

Attachments

• Heart

ThePelican

It really chills me to think that Madonna, Michael Jackson and Prince were all born in the same year, 1958, and it’s just her left.

😔
They weren't all just born in1958 - they were born within three months of each other (June, August, August), and in the same area of the upper Midwest (Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota). I've thought about that many times. What were the odds that three such game-changing, iconic people would come out of the same place at the same time?

• Wow

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
Everyone of readable age and over, in any country, of any political leaning and any economic level, knows who you are. You have been photographed to death.

This used to be The Queen, Diana, Mother Teresa, maybe Jackie 0, Marilyn etc now the only ‘super icon’ status left is madonna.

Could argue its Kim Kardash Etc or other bore like her. Its not. My gran has no idea who Kim Kardash is. OR Taylor Swift. OR Greta Thunberg.

Make your suggestion instead of a tripe one word no-answer would be helpful.
She may have been Iconic in her hay day, but she has ruined her own legacy, by resorting to cheap and desperate publicity stunts. When people talk about Madonna today it is not with a sense of admiration, it is with pity.
I will feel a sense of sorrow when she passes, but I won't be devastated

lilyannrose

Chatty Member
I can't bear to see this. It's actually genuine sad. My goodness, what has she done? Why has she done it? How can she not see what everyone else sees?

I can't make fun anymore, I think she's at least somewhat ill to have got into this state.

As a former fan it's heartbreaking to see what such a trailblazer has become.

Yel

Chatty Member
She's always been cringy, it just gets worse as she becomes a pensioner. Remember when she saw nothing wrong with posting a video calling her son the n word?

When Nicki Manji was a feature on her song she didn't show up to the shoot. She hyped it as this amazing video with Kanye, Katy, Miley and Beyonce. When they all just recorded a second or two lip syncing at home and sent it to be cut into the video. It's bad when Rita ora is the only singer showing up to your music video. Her talking about going out partying and doing shots as if she's 20 and not a control freak.

• Wow
  • Haha